New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I remember getting caught for swerving when I was in my teenage years on Ortigas. The enforcer said that I cut into the next lane and that was defined as swerving. As I was a new driver, I was nervous (that was my first apprehension) and didn't argue.

These days as we drive anywhere around Manila, so many motorcycles weave in and out of traffic. Heck, even pedicabs, tricycles and sometimes horse-drawn carriages would jump lanes and cut you off. Does the swerving rule apply to them as well or is this just reserved for vehicles that have at least 4 wheels?

2. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Diba wala naman talaga swerving na violation?

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    Diba wala naman talaga swerving na violation?
    meron. and yes they apply to all vehicles. tanga tanga yung nag sabing di totoo ang swerving and dapat ma revoke license non.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    I think I saw it on a list of MMDA violations.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It should apply to all vehicles.

But it mainly depends on how hungry the f-ing enforcer is. A lot of public utility vehicles get away with it. And you can see the croc enforcer looking thru the screen they set for a private vehicle in the mix.

6. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    here is the definition of swerving from MMDA

https://twitter.com/MMDA/status/268208325211070464

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    It only applies to vehicles owned by law-abiding, proper income tax paying private citezens. Buses, jeeps and other PUVS are exempted from the rule as they are driven by skwatter drivers who are kawawa and need all the care in the world.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Matagal na 'yang "Swerving Violation" na 'yan.
    Hindi na nga lang pinapansin sa sobrang dami ng "VIOLATORS".

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Sa quiapo (pagbaba ng tulay) pinara din ako ng TE (nakapwesto sa tapat ng isetan bago ka pumasok ng underpass) dahil sa swervering, nung sinabihan ako na violation daw ung ginawa ko, tinanong ko din kung hindi ba nya nakikita ung mga jeep na nagsasakay at nagbaba sa gitna ng kalsada.

Sumimangot at pinaalis na lang ako, hehehe.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    It only applies to vehicles owned by law-abiding, proper income tax paying private citezens. Buses, jeeps and other PUVS are exempted from the rule as they are driven by skwatter drivers who are kawawa and need all the care in the world.
    Agree here....

Is that you dear Bianca?....

(She is Blue, right?)...

20.1K:sumo:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast