New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    ang alam ko e dapat Pro ang kasama ng student driver. pero kaunti lang naman ang nahuhuli e kaya siguro OK lang kahit Non-Pro

2. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    student drivers should be accompanied with PRO- or NON-Pro licensed drivers. any properly licensed person can, or have the authority/resposibilty to, educate/train a student dirver. Considering also the ability/skill of the trainer,which is properly licensed PRO or NON-pro, if he/she is capable of educating a novice driver.

anyways, P200 lang ang lagay sa mga kotong cops dyan, safety first

3. Join Date
    Dec 2008
    11. Student driver operating a MV without being accompanied by a Licensed driver

i think pwede Pro and Non-Pro can go sa student permit driver kasi according LTO Violation #11 its not specified basta may license ang kasama

4. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by tc327 View Post
    11. Student driver operating a MV without being accompanied by a Licensed driver

i think pwede Pro and Non-Pro can go sa student permit driver kasi according LTO Violation #11 its not specified basta may license ang kasama
    Ilang ulit ko na rin ni-post yang #11 na iyan. Ewan ko ba kung bakit ANG KUKULIT ng ilang tsikoteers.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxAJ View Post
    like do the local city police have the same penalties/fines as the ones in MMDA or LTO?
    They probably don't.

or is it possible to confiscate my permit? or anything related to that.. I don't see kasi with my research that they can do those and I'm not sure if those government website including LTO's rules and regulations are updated
    I'll have to ask my brother. He's the one working at the LTO now.
    But I think I've been told by him a few years ago that no one is allowed to confiscate your license (and probably your student permit) -- they should only issue a ticket for your violation.
    Last edited by woohoo; August 22nd, 2009 at 04:52 PM.

6. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Balikan natin ang BATAS, dahil ito ang makapagsasabi kung ano talaga ang tama:

Here is Section 30 (BEFORE AMENDMENT) of RA 4136 which gives the rules on student permits:

"Section 30. Student-driver's permit. - Upon proper application and the payment of three pesos, the Commissioner or his deputy may issue student-driver's permits, valid for six months to persons not under eighteen years of age, who desire to learn to operate motor vehicles. No application for driver's license shall be received unless the applicant has undergone instruction in the operation of motor vehicles for at least a month and has a valid student-driver's permit: Provided, however, That any person who has a license to operate vehicles in other countries may, upon presentation of appropriate evidence of such license, be allowed to pay for a driver's license without presenting a student driver's permit.
    A student driver who fails in the examination shall continue as a student driver for at least one additional month. No student driver shall operate a motor vehicle unless accompanied by a duly licensed driver.
    The licensed driver acting as instructor to the student driver shall likewise be responsible and liable for any violation of the provisions of this Act and for any injury or damage done by the motor vehicle on account or as a result of its operation by a student under his direction."

UPON AMENDMENT by BP 398, Section 30 became (items in bold are added and/or important items):

"Section 30. Student-driver's permit. — Upon proper application and the payment of the fee prescribed in accordance with law, the Director or his deputies may issue student-driver's permits, valid for one year to persons not under sixteen years of age, who desire to learn to operate motor vehicles.

A student-driver who fails in the examination on a professional or non-professional license shall continue as a student-driver and shall not be allowed to take another examination at least one month thereafter. No student-driver shall operate a motor vehicle, unless possessed of a valid student-driver's permit and accompanied by a duly licensed driver.

The licensed driver duly accredited by the Bureau, acting as instructor to the student-driver, shall be equally responsible and liable as the latter for any violation of the provisions of this Act and for any injury or damage done by the motor vehicle on account or as a result of its operation by a student-driver under his direction."

If we look at the amendment, there is mention of the necessity of being "accompanied by a licensed driver", without any description of this license being non-professional or professional. But, at the same time, the amendment includes the phrase "the licensed driver, duly accredited by the Bureau, acting as instructor to the student-driver"

Questions:

1. When one accompanies a student driver, does he have to be the instructor? Isn't "accompany" different from "instruct"?

2. Is a "duly licensed driver" (the phrase remains the same before and after amendment) a person who has a non-professional or professional driver's license?

I hope lawyers in this forum can help us with this.

7. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    I propose this thread be locked. Paulit-ulit lang, e.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Hi all, according to LTO website 1 month old pa lang SP mo pwede nang kumuha ng license pero sa amin may mga nagsasabi 3 months daw dapat. Ano ba talaga?

9. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by eld View Post
    Hi all, according to LTO website 1 month old pa lang SP mo pwede nang kumuha ng license pero sa amin may mga nagsasabi 3 months daw dapat. Ano ba talaga?
    actually requirements/policy ng LTO ang 1 month old S.L.. after 1 month, or 30 days, pwede ka na kumuha ng Driver's license.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by aejhayl17 View Post
    actually requirements/policy ng LTO ang 1 month old S.L.. after 1 month, or 30 days, pwede ka na kumuha ng Driver's license.
    Non-Prof. lang. 5 months plus Police Clearance *yata* kung Prof. license.

51/3819

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Student Driver di na ba pedeng samahan ng Non-Pro/PRO driver habang nagdridrive?