Good day, I'd just like to ask, does anyone have a copy or a link of the Memorandum Circular issued by the LTFRB/DOTC that supercedes the prior Memorandum Circular 2005-014?

It was stated in this article:
http://www.sunstar.com.ph/baguio/loc...count-weekends

This is Memorandum Circular 2005-014's content:

Republic of the Philippines
Department of Transportation & Communications
Land Transportation Franchising and Regulatory Board

Memorandum Circular
Number 2005-014

Subject: SUPPLEMENT TO MEMORANDUM CIRCULAR NO. 2003-033 (Re: GRANT OF FARE DISCOUNTS TO ELDERLY, DISABLED PERSONS AND STUDENTS

The board issued Memorandum Circular No. 2003-033, dated December 15, 2003, providing therein the Guidelines for Student Fare Discounts. In addition to the provisions thereof, specifically item II. USE/AVAILMENT, the Board hereby includes as second paragraph as said item, to read as follows:

“Students can only avail of the twenty percent (20%) discount during the school year from Mondays to Fridays. Said fare discount cannot be availed of on Saturdays and Sundays, legal and special holidays, Christmas and summer breaks. Post-graduate students (those taking up medicine, law, masteral, doctoral degrees and the like) cannot avail of the said fare discount.”

All other issuances of parts hereof which are consistent herewith, are thereof modified or suspended accordingly.

This Circular shall take effect immediately following the filing of three (3) copies thereof with the UP Law Center, pursuant to Presidential Memorandum Circular No. 11 dated 9 October 1992.

SO ORDERED

Quezon City, Philippines, MAY 09, 2005

SGD. MARIA ELENA H. BAUTISTA
Chairperson

SGD. FELIX S. RACADIO
Board Member

SGD. GERARDO A. PINILI
Board Member
It explicitly states that no discount will be given on Saturdays and Sundays, and summer breaks. However, one can argue that the term "summer break" is ambiguous and you cannot refer to a student who is enrolled in the summer semester of the current school year (common in Universities) to be on "summer break", because being on "break" implies that one is not currently enrolled. That said, it is still explicitly stated that no discount will be given on Saturdays and Sundays, so one cannot argue out of that.

The aforementioned article above mentions of a 2008 Memorandum that nullifies the previous clause, effectively allowing discounts to be given on any school day, and not just on the conventional June-March, Mon-Fri schedule, provided that the student is able to present a school ID and proof that he does indeed have classes on that day.

I hope someone can direct me to this newer memorandum, so that I can have something to show to those ignorant jeepney drivers who refuse to give student discounts. Thanks a lot.