New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Solon seeks stiffer penalties for drunk, drugged drivers - News | TopGear.com.ph

I think the P500,000 is too much. Baka mga P50,000. hehe, binawasan ko lang ng isang bitlog.

May babayaran pa rin kasi naman siya dun sa madidisgrasya niya. Malas lang kung paktay na yung driver. So I guess ati yung registered owner ng car may malaking liability din para hindi talaga i-tolerate yan IMHO.
    Fasten your seatbelt! Or else... Driven To Thrill!

2. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    eh kung dahil sa lasing or addict, namatay ang close relatives mo, too much pa rin ba yung 500,000? i think that's an acceptable amount. multiply na lang depende kung mas madaming napatay yung drunk/drugged driver (kung halimbawa 3 passengers napatay, dapat 500,000 x 3).

BUT, ang dapat kakambal ng bill na ito is guidelines on apprehension, procedures on how to test and prove one's alcohol/intoxication level. ang hirap lang kasi dito eh, may penalty na, pero wala naman talagang existing means ang traffic enforcers to test for the presence of alcohol.

para naman matakot yung mga bus driver rin na lasing tapos nakaka-aksidente, tapos sorry na lang pagnakapatay.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Dapat if proven drunk yung driver, may tester sila ng alcohol level sa isang body. And as the alcohol level goes higher, the penalty also goes up alongside with it.

If it's just borderline, a little fine would do, UNLESS an accident leading to homicide happens, dun papasok ang 500k which I support naman. IMO hindi siya too much. If you can't afford risking 500k then don't drink & drive in the first place. Gimik? Mag-taxi ka. Delikado? Have someone else drive for you.

Ganun lang naman yun.

Tapos driving under the influence of drugs tapos nakapatay pa should be atleast 1M fine. It hurts, but if that's what we should do to shut addicts up then wala na tayo magagawa.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Dapat if proven drunk yung driver, may tester sila ng alcohol level sa isang body. And as the alcohol level goes higher, the penalty also goes up alongside with it.

If it's just borderline, a little fine would do, UNLESS an accident leading to homicide happens, dun papasok ang 500k which I support naman. IMO hindi siya too much. If you can't afford risking 500k then don't drink & drive in the first place. Gimik? Mag-taxi ka. Delikado? Have someone else drive for you.

Ganun lang naman yun.

Tapos driving under the influence of drugs tapos nakapatay pa should be atleast 1M fine. It hurts, but if that's what we should do to shut addicts up then wala na tayo magagawa.
    +10000000

if only this can be enforced properly. ang hirap lang kasi sa ganito eh baka gamitin rin na paraan para maka-kotong ang mga lasing/addict na traffic enforcers. hehe

traffic rules should really penalize those who blatantly disregard the safety of others on the road. dami kasi palusot eh.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    For a sanction to be effective, it has to be both preventive and punitive. I believe Php500,000 is not too much. In fact, I would go for Php 1 million. After all, the value of a life is much more. This would make potential violators really think before they do something stupid. Also, there should be a guideline such as the use of a camera when apprehending a suspected drunk driver to ensure a fair process takes place.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Siguro mas ok kung may random checkpoints na itayo na malapit sa malalakas na clubs.

Preventive na din ito.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    wag kalimutan na pwedeng baliktarin ang kuwento at ikaw ang tamaan ng batas na ito. halimbawa kinat ka ng motor at nasagasaan ang rider at namatay, sa hitsura ng aksidente ikaw ang may sala... di mo rin masiguro ang buong pangyayari kasi may konting tama ka, binomba na rin ng pulis ang mga numero ng breathalyzer laban sayo, :lol: 500,000...

8. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    getting drunk is no accident neither is getting drugged. if you know you have ingested or has introduced intoxicating substances to your body, you should not drive. if you kill somebody because you were under the influence of intoxicants, it is involuntary manslaughter and is punishable by incarceration and the driver's license is revoked. it is however, difficult if not impossible to enforce since majority of our police force are on foot aside from quite a number who are corrupt. another bad thing is when it is somebody affiliated with a strong politician or somebody who can pay off, the case disappears. even our cops are mostly untrained, poorly equipped, meagerly paid makes it a dog and pony show. most don't even know how to apprehend, handcuff or respond to infractions or accidents

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by indiej View Post
    wag kalimutan na pwedeng baliktarin ang kuwento at ikaw ang tamaan ng batas na ito. halimbawa kinat ka ng motor at nasagasaan ang rider at namatay, sa hitsura ng aksidente ikaw ang may sala... di mo rin masiguro ang buong pangyayari kasi may konting tama ka, binomba na rin ng pulis ang mga numero ng breathalyzer laban sayo, :lol: 500,000...
    "May tama" means one drank alcohol, so one shouldn't have been behind the wheel. No excuses.

10. Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by digitalron View Post
    "May tama" means one drank alcohol, so one shouldn't have been behind the wheel. No excuses.

if you were the intoxicated driver, you are already at fault. in this case, how are you going to prove the bike rider cut in front of you. but the cops can prove you were drunk. besides, the dead guy ain't going to jail. he's going six feet under and you're going to the slammer

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Stiffer Penaly to Drunk/DUI drivers?