New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    since not all of us have a car to go to places na gusto nating puntahan, we usually get a taxi para makarating sa destination natin.

Q: have someone used the GrabTaxi or Uber app (or any similar app) sa smartphones niyo and any experiences?

I read an article recently saying that Taxi drivers’ group had a protest against TNC operators in the Philippines.
    As a frequent user of these two apps, I prefer using Grab/Uber to traditional ones as their services are far more better...
    Have u ever had bad experiences using these apps?

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Quote Originally Posted by JulesManwood View Post
    since not all of us have a car to go to places na gusto nating puntahan, we usually get a taxi para makarating sa destination natin.

Q: have someone used the GrabTaxi or Uber app (or any similar app) sa smartphones niyo and any experiences?

I read an article recently saying that Taxi drivers’ group had a protest against TNC operators in the Philippines.
    As a frequent user of these two apps, I prefer using Grab/Uber to traditional ones as their services are far more better...
    Have u ever had bad experiences using these apps?
    [moderator snip]
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 14th, 2017 at 01:02 PM.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    they are great especially when it rains and there were plenty of cab riders waiting to flag a ride

3. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    I've had my fair share of positive and negative experience sa Uber (never used Grab pa since most of the time, mas mahal yung upfront fare compared to Uber).

There's one driver na di ko makalimutan cause he was so nice. He looks mabait din from his photo. That was around 6pm, and haven't had lunch pa, then he offered me a candy, when I told him na sakto, di pa ko naglu-lunch, he reached through his glove compartment and handed me crackers. His playlist was also sakto for my taste (David Pack, Bette Davis and Billy Ocean era). After the trip, I handed him Php 100 Sodexo GC, saktong pang-Mcdo lang, as a tip.

Negative naman, twice na kong nakaexperience ng nag-cancel - first time was andun na daw sya sa street namin, yung binabanggit nyang street, walang ganung street sa village. Second time, after 45 mins of waiting, nagtext na pinapacancel daw ng ka-pool ko yung request ko.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    with the unforgiveable price of parking, many of my officemates grab or uber.
    lagi kasing pila ang kawayan center. (yung kantong maraming kumakaway ng taxi.)

buti na lang, there are grab centers now in some hospitals.
    Last edited by dr. d; April 14th, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

5. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    So far wala pa ako untoward experience.

Pero I will not be shocked if meron man, obviously madami na taxi drivers na nag shift uber/grab and some nadala na nila yung ugaling balasubas.

Yung rating system talaga ang malaking bagay dyan and some are part time lang and they owned the vehicle kaya professional talaga and malinis yung sasakyan.

By the way twice na pala ako naka experience na they will accept the trip then they will call you na sir malayo pa ako, kesyo matatagalan pa baka ma hassle kayo at saken pinapa cancel yung trip.

I always tell na ikaw mag cancel hindi ako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by maranello_5775 View Post
    they are great especially when it rains and there were plenty of cab riders waiting to flag a ride
    Yeah, but keep in mind that the rate during rush hours or rainy weather is a bit higher, in some cases, even higher than that of regular taxi

Quote Originally Posted by irishluc View Post
    I've had my fair share of positive and negative experience sa Uber (never used Grab pa since most of the time, mas mahal yung upfront fare compared to Uber).

There's one driver na di ko makalimutan cause he was so nice. He looks mabait din from his photo. That was around 6pm, and haven't had lunch pa, then he offered me a candy, when I told him na sakto, di pa ko naglu-lunch, he reached through his glove compartment and handed me crackers. His playlist was also sakto for my taste (David Pack, Bette Davis and Billy Ocean era). After the trip, I handed him Php 100 Sodexo GC, saktong pang-Mcdo lang, as a tip.

Negative naman, twice na kong nakaexperience ng nag-cancel - first time was andun na daw sya sa street namin, yung binabanggit nyang street, walang ganung street sa village. Second time, after 45 mins of waiting, nagtext na pinapacancel daw ng ka-pool ko yung request ko.
    Haha, for the former, that was such a nice experience.
    And for the later, I hope you wont ever have to experience it again

I pasted a link to an article in my above post but it was removed by admin
    Here is the link[MODERATOR SNIP]
    Basically it says that the presence of Uber and Grab caused the drop in regular taxi drivers’ profit.
    In my opinion, the benefits of these apps outweigh its disadvantages which mostly impact on regular taxi operators, not the users.
    I think the authorities should find an appropriate solution to balance between the benefits of uber/grab users and regular taxi operators...
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 15th, 2017 at 12:38 AM. Reason: PROMOTING OTHER CAR SITE

7. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    nagbakasyon ako sa Cebu, ako pa tinanong nun Uber driver kung saan dadaan haha buti na lang pinag aralan ko ang daan sa google map. kaya pala mababa rating nun driver

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by cast_no_shadow View Post
    So far wala pa ako untoward experience.

Pero I will not be shocked if meron man, obviously madami na taxi drivers na nag shift uber/grab and some nadala na nila yung ugaling balasubas.

Yung rating system talaga ang malaking bagay dyan and some are part time lang and they owned the vehicle kaya professional talaga and malinis yung sasakyan.

By the way twice na pala ako naka experience na they will accept the trip then they will call you na sir malayo pa ako, kesyo matatagalan pa baka ma hassle kayo at saken pinapa cancel yung trip.

I always tell na ikaw mag cancel hindi ako.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Have not experienced pa naman yung nagpapacancel, pero driver sounds like an ex-cabbie to me.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by irishluc View Post

I don’t know if you’ve personally experienced not being able to get good price with Grab but I’ve used Grab in Manila quite a few times and love it.
    About Uber, Ohh …I’m a huge fan of Uber. HUGE I tell you
    When I heard that there was such a thing like this [MODERATOR SNIP], I was angry.
    I’ve been using the ride-sharing service for years and the Uber Manila experience has been special because it ticked off a bucket list item of mine po.
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 15th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosie View Post
    I don’t know if you’ve personally experienced not being able to get good price with Grab but I’ve used Grab in Manila quite a few times and love it.
    About Uber, Ohh …I’m a huge fan of Uber. HUGE I tell you
    When I heard that there was such a thing like this [MODERATOR SNIP], I was angry.
    I’ve been using the ride-sharing service for years and the Uber Manila experience has been special because it ticked off a bucket list item of mine po.
    Hey Rosie. I have both apps on my phone para if medyo steep yung fare sa Uber, I can check with Grab, and most of the time, mas mataas pa rin sa Grab. I don't have anything against Grab din naman, kaya lang I find the design/layout of Uber to be more accessible, especially when virtually "haggling" (go to destination, return to home, then go to destination again to see if the fare decreased :p).
    Last edited by _Cathy_; April 15th, 2017 at 12:38 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast