New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by crosswind View Post
    I thought sabi ng LTO may security itong Bolt na ito correctt me if I'm wrong, kasi kanina around 12nn may nakita akong Eon nakadikit sa plate holder niya Lost plate AAK pa umpisa eh
    Security bolt my a$$. LTO talaga bugok. Utak pera-pera lang palagi. Expect to see more and more of these on the road:
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails improvised-plate.jpg  

2. Join Date
    May 2014
    Dapat hinabaan nila yung screw eh, that way may option to cut yung owner incase sobra.

3. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Pati tornilyo pinagkaperahan ng gobyerno, 5k penalty sa mga hindi gagamit nito.

So ngayon pati tornilyo kailangan issued ng gobyerno.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Tignan niyo, pag dumami na naman ang mga motorist na magagalit sa ruling ng LTO sa bolts, bigla-bigla na naman itong magsasabi na "suspended na ang LTO bolt implementation". Oh screw them talaga :hammer:

5. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Bihira ako mag mura pero mapapa mura ka talaga sa ganitong balita fvtang1naLTO

6. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    kami di binigyan ng screw. Binalikan namin, sabi may binigay, pinakita namin ang o.r. (intact lahat ng staple wire). Wala naman naka attach, pinabalik-balik kami for 2 days, para makuha ang screw...

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    I asked the LTO here, wala naman sila binebentang replacement screws.
    Signature

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Kahit yung Security Barcode pala mukhang "FOR DISPLAY ONLY".

Wala na ginawang tama ang LTO kundi ang holdapin tayong mga mortorista.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...ork?ref=latest

Of course you know that the Land Transportation Office has been busy supplying new-design plates as mandated by its Motor Vehicle License Plate Standardization Program. Now, these new plates don't only look new--apparently, they're also "high-tech," featuring a barcode that supposedly contains the vehicle's plate number, engine number, chassis number, third-plate sticker number, and (would you believe?) even the serial number of the plate locks.

Needless to say, this "high-tech" feature was factored in the costing of the new plates. So one really curious dude by the name of Paul Uy tried to check if said barcode is really functional. Here is his report, which he posted on his Facebook page:

I tested the so-called barcode security feature of the new LTO plates. I tested it using a high-density CCD-type (charge-coupled device) barcode scanning device with medium- and close-range capabilities. And as expected, the barcode was unreadable.

One guy countered: "Maybe it's for a long-range scanner--for when you're driving on the road or the highway."

Which another guy addressed: "I don't think so. A Code 128 barcode with that kind of width isn't for long range. That's only for mid and short ranges. The question is: What is this barcode for? We're paying for it."

So we contacted LTO spokesperson Jason Salvador yesterday and asked for his agency's statement on the matter. He first told us he'd call. We followed up and never got a reply. We're still waiting.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    ^ Hindi naman lahat Ng enforcer me Hawak Ng barcode reader. Effective pa din pag me violation tandaan yung plate nos. ang barcode parang Bumili ka Lang Ng Pancit canton Kung extra hot o Tamils anghang etc.
    We all know that LTO isa sa corrupt na agency.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by zoomzoom View Post
    Kahit yung Security Barcode pala mukhang "FOR DISPLAY ONLY".

Wala na ginawang tama ang LTO kundi ang holdapin tayong mga mortorista.

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...ork?ref=latest

we all know we are paying to fund the admin's bet for 2016 election.

Nothing has changed in the Philippines since Pnoy has become president. Corruption still persists. DAP is the biggest ever. Infrastructure projects slowest in years. The only good thing that happened is the expose against binay however I doubt if they will still pursue binay after 2016.

Tuwid na Daan my as*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast