New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    SC temporarily stops no contact apprehension program | Inquirer News

MANILA, Philippines — The Supreme Court (SC) temporarily stops the implementation of the no contact apprehension program (NCAP).

In a briefer issued Tuesday, the SC said the temporary restraining order is “effective immediately and until further orders from the Court.”
    ADVERTISEMENT

“Any apprehensions through the NCAP programs and ordinances related thereto shall be prohibited until further orders from the Court,” read the SC briefer.

The SC set the case for oral argument on Jan. 24, 2023.

Read more: SC temporarily stops no contact apprehension program | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    and SC temporary pronouncements do not have an expiration date.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    However….

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    However….

i'm waiting for the boom to drop.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by bugsmobile View Post
    However….

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.Kamiya View Post
    the boom has dropped.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Sa ibang bansa kasi pwede NCAP dahil maayos kalye sa kanila at maayos signage, maayos din ang traffic light especially yellow light.

Sa pinas eh road lanes pa lang nakaka lito na eh. Mga nagpipinta ng bagong road lanes without removing old road lanes.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    I'm actually in favor of NCAP, but the current implementation seems to be riddled with irregularities.

As brought up by the transport group KAPIT, there's the issue of delegating police powers to a private contractor. The other issue brought up by the lawyer naman was his private information was being shared with a third party processor.

On top of all that the revenue sharing between LGU and the PPP contractor is alleged to be 70-30 in favor of the private company. Would you willingly pay up knowing that the bulk of your fines is being used to enrich a private company?

IMO the government should be purchasing the technology outright and be the sole operator and recipient of revenue. Farm out a maintenance contract if necessary, but a private company really shouldn't be getting a gross percentage of fines levied on the public.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Trying hard to be first world country lang talaga Pilipinas. Hinde pwede dito yan NCAP, engot mga nakabantay sa camera and mas engot nag approved ng violations which is the local traffic ng LGU.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    first,
    they allowed the traffic light counters to one by one, stop functioning...
    in the interim that they were functioning, they claimed that traffic altercations dropped significantly...

so why did these timers stop functioning?
    ... is it because, they had other plans... ncap...?
    i can not help myself from devious thinking...
    Last edited by dr. d; August 31st, 2022 at 11:07 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast