New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Bawal magtambay sa loob ng sasakyan na naka andar at naka aircon....

San Juan City Anti-Idling Ordinance

Section 1. Let this Ordinance be known as the “San Juan City Anti-Idling Ordinance”.

Section 2. The idling of gasoline or diesel powered motor vehicles on public as well as private spaces and places for more than three (3) minutes while the vehicle is parked, including for the purposes of operating its air conditioning equipment, is hereby PROHIBITED.

Section 3. No owner, driver, or operator of a motor vehicle shall cause or permit the engine of such vehicle to idle for more than three (3) minutes while the vehicle is parked, as provided for in Section 4 (Exemptions) of this Ordinance.

Section 4. Exemptions – This Ordinance shall not apply when:

a. A vehicle idles while forced to remain motionless because of traffic, an official traffic control device or signal, or at the direction of a law enforcement official

b. A police, fire, ambulance, public safety, military, other emergency or law enforcement vehicle, or any vehicle being used in an emergency capacity or who idles while in an emergency or training mode and not for the convenience of the vehicle operator;

c. A vehicle idles as part of an official inspection to verify that the vehicle is in good working order, provided idling is required as part of the inspection;

d. An armored vehicle idles when a person remains inside the vehicle to guard the contents of said vehicle.

Section 5. Those who violate this Ordinance shall pay a fine in the amount of ONE THOUSAND PESOS (P1,000.00).

For your information and guidance. We strongly encourage you to abide by the above new city ordinance to avoid paying any penalties.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Hmm... Targeting private cars to line their pockets again. I wonder how they can tell if a car has been idling for more than 3 minutes already. Tatayo ba sila sa tabi at magbibilang? They'd probably help more in saving the environment if they flag down all the smoke belching buses and jeepneys that go through their jurisdiction in the name of PUV modernization.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    this will improve air quality by a fraction of a percent... but yeah dapat warning muna..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. Join Date
    May 2018
    Maganda naman motives nito, to reduce pollution and reduce the incidence of carbon monoxide poisoning, PERO, ano standard nila for apprehension? May stopwatch yung enforcer nila?

Enforcer: "Ser, may violation kayo, 31 seconds na mula nung pinasok nyo diyan sa parking slot na di pa napapatay ang makina"
    Motorist: ?!?!?!

===
    What if the vehicle is in an auto repair shop or private residence being idled for repair/diagnosis of engine problem? Hindi yun "official inspection" ah.

To be fair, I've only seen the excerpt of the ordinance as posted here and haven't read it in full though, but it leaves a lot of questions.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2018
    This will be a nightmare to enforce and implement. Good luck to all who will be involved.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Sa ibang temperate countries meron na niyan dati/ Kaso dine sa atin eh sobrang init. Pag pinatay mo ang makina at hindi ka lumabas sa sasakyan. baka ikaw na susunod na mamamatay sa heat stroke.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Hello xavier, la salle.
    Hoping this will be implemented as strict as possible....hoping.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017
    They must have a dry run before they fully implement it.San Juan City Anti-Idling OrdinanceSan Juan City Anti-Idling OrdinanceSan Juan City Anti-Idling OrdinanceSan Juan City Anti-Idling OrdinanceSan Juan City Anti-Idling Ordinance

Sent from my iPhone X using Tapatalk

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    so, bawal mag long idling ang private vehicles, but puede ang ambulances and government vehicles?

10. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by chronicle View Post
    Hello xavier, la salle.
    Hoping this will be implemented as strict as possible....hoping.

Sent from my BLL-L22 using Tapatalk
    kung dyan tumambay TEs bro, laki na ng kita nila sigurado ^_^