New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Look at the recent posts at TopGear's Facebook. There are a lot related about complaints, some are focused on roads constructions. What's funny is that some of these viral posts are taken action by the government. Why do we have to wait for something to be viral on media for the government to take action? Because us commuters or motorist don't have a way to communicate our complaints.

The problem doesn't stop at roads, a blog a few months ago, about an underpass near intramuros went viral if you remember that. It was visited by Erap, I don't know what happened next if any action was taken.

When people are asked what they know about reporting a problem, they don't know. Going to DPWH's website is one of the first things that come to mind and damn the website is very hard to navigate and people won't take their time thus causing them to just bear with it just like everybody else. And if there is a way, I'm sure it's covered in red tape... which nobody wants.

Here's a short idea of why this is happening
    A lot of public works and road is left unfinished:

Why? People adjust to the inconvenience and keep going
    Why? People don’t have time to submit a complain
    Why? The process is mostly unknown and people can’t be bothered to know or let alone try.
    Why? The Information about the process isn’t publicly announced and the site and process isn’t really user friendly.
    Why? Feedback and complaints are unwanted and unorganized by departments / barely reaches the management

This barely has any study behind this fyi, but is based on short interviews with people and friends.

I'd like to know what would be the ideal way to communicate many of the problems we commuters and motorists have to deal with everyday.

Currently I'm in the concepting stage of making an app just for the sole purpose of complaining. Much like stackoverflow but adjusted to fit the idea. There are other features just to make things easy for the users but mainly the apps purpose is for:

1. People post complaints. (with location using google maps, and images)
    2. People browse and upvote these complaints. they can comment and stuff like a normal fb post
    3. Once a post gathers enough attention (through upvotes and comments), action should be taken.

My problem is what happens to the problem addressed by the post supported and discussed by the community? How should the problem and suggested solution (if there are any) be addressed to the right people in the government who will take action? Would they need a part in the app as well?

Or such publicity because of the app would suffice for the government to take notice and take action?

Care to share any idea that would be helpful?
    All of us would benefit from this if done properly...

2. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    So far topgearph has many followers on fb. Social media is the best way to notify our "no plate" govt.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2016
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    So far topgearph has many followers on fb. Social media is the best way to notify our "no plate" govt.
    I agree, which is why there would be sharing in social media in the app. I'm just trying to help people voice out their mutual concerns. We all share the road, and the problems they have.

The government is unable to pinpoint the locations and the exact problems everywhere in the city, if we were to help them by providing the information we have like location, images, and other details, even small problems can be noticed. Not just Viral ones or the one with most attention. Help them help us, you know...

Reporting any Public works and Highway problems