New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Something's wrong here. When you have a license restriction 4 you cannot drive a manual car, but when you have a license restriction 2 you can drive both M/T and A/T?
    My friend got involved in a traffic accident. He was driving a A/T car but only possesses a restriction 2 license. Although it was the other party who hit him, my friend lost the investigation since he was driving w/o sufficient license restriction. In that case if you need or will drive both M/T and A/T you have to have restrictions 2 and 4.
    Ang problem dyan is yung investigation ... clearly stated sa LTO that you don't need to get restriction. 4 if you already have restriction. 2 ...

Possible din na nalagyan yung investigator

2. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by BratPAQ View Post
    may bayad ba talaga yung pag gamit ng test vehicle? di ko maalala kung binayaran ko yun.
    Kapag wala kang dala na sarili mo sir may bayad nga...
    Ironically iba pa ang bayad and rates nyan between the motorcycle, the car, and the elf truck

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Wow! 30 minute renewals. Makes my 1 hour renewal at Makati LTO last Dec 21 slow in comparison!

But I'm actually happy with the 1 hour renewal. No hassle. Got there 10:45 and left 11:45, just before the lunch cut off. Unlike in DLRC SM Hypermarket back in 2009. That took from about 10 am till about 3 pm!

As to GH's article, with a license that had been expired for two years already, I think you really should be starting from scratch. We're assuming one has not been driving for that time period, so you'd be quite rusty. The sad reality is that's about par for the course for new applicants. When I first got my license in 1994 at LTO Mandaluyong, it took about half a day to process. And 9:30 is a pretty late start for the new applicants process. Should've gone a bit earlier. It would be great if they could streamline that process as well.

4. Join Date
    Feb 2012
    alin kaya mas matagal - license renewal or vehicle registration? last renewal ko sa rob metro east inabot ng two days only because naabutan ng brownouts since after yata ng bagyo iyon. otherwise, mabilis naman sana. had my vehicle registered last october at natapos ko in less than 30 minutes. sa Cubao LTO sa may 15th avenue naman ito. medyo napatagal pa nga kasi sa labas pa ako nagpa-smoke emission test eh meron din pala sa loob. sort of a one-stop-shop talaga.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by gearhead000 View Post
    alin kaya mas matagal - license renewal or vehicle registration? last renewal ko sa rob metro east inabot ng two days only because naabutan ng brownouts since after yata ng bagyo iyon. otherwise, mabilis naman sana. had my vehicle registered last october at natapos ko in less than 30 minutes. sa Cubao LTO sa may 15th avenue naman ito. medyo napatagal pa nga kasi sa labas pa ako nagpa-smoke emission test eh meron din pala sa loob. sort of a one-stop-shop talaga.
    on license renewals, i usually take around 30 mins. alabang town center satellite office.
    for vehicle registration, around an hour and a half, las pinas district office.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2011
    mabilis lang renewal sa satellite office basta wala kang record.

7. Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by stickers View Post
    Something's wrong here. When you have a license restriction 4 you cannot drive a manual car, but when you have a license restriction 2 you can drive both M/T and A/T?
    My friend got involved in a traffic accident. He was driving a A/T car but only possesses a restriction 2 license. Although it was the other party who hit him, my friend lost the investigation since he was driving w/o sufficient license restriction. In that case if you need or will drive both M/T and A/T you have to have restrictions 2 and 4.
    medyo malabo nga ito. yung 2 - vehicles up to 4500 kg while 4 - automatic clutch vehicles up to 4500 kg. When I accompanied my wife renewing her license, I inquired about this since we are now driving AT vehicle. What LTO personnel said was 2 is already for MT and AT. Medyo di descriptive yung nasa license na description. Pero mas descriptive yung nasa Application form ng LTO. Yung restriction 4 says Automatic clutch "only". The added ONLY made it clearer.

Maybe your friend can make an appeal sa investigation. LTO says restriction 2 is for MT and AT. Maybe the COP who did the investigation does not know this.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Sa afternoon mag renew para walang kasabay. Less than 1 hour kuha na lisensya.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    mag papalit na IT provider ng LTO hindi na stradcom sana di bumagal ang renewal ng lisensya.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by knightrider07 View Post
    mag papalit na IT provider ng LTO hindi na stradcom sana di bumagal ang renewal ng lisensya.
    Agree. Kaka-renew ko lang, with change in yr of birth, address and 1st name. Mabilis at halos walang hassle. Took me less than 1 hr., coz when they 1st released the ID card, they forgot to change the name and address. A quick talk with the records section sent the lady in charge to the computer. After making the necessary adjustments, na-release din yung license ko.

All the changes were contained in 1 affidavit, available at a nearby Notary Public's booth. Cost for this was P150.00. Renewal fees came down to:

License renewal.............P360.00
    Revision of records......... 100.00
    Comp fee...................... 57.83
    Total.............................P517.83

The only downside? Nagbayad ako ng 520.00, walang panukli yung cashier. Sa loob-loob ko, "Di bale na. You can keep the change."

After Stradcom, here's the big question: http://www.philstar.com/opinion/2013...tradcoms-shoes

Buti na lang, it'll take another 3 yrs before I renew, but for the sake of those who're still about to do it, sana mabilis pa rin ang proseso.
    Last edited by JackFlash; January 15th, 2013 at 05:00 PM.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Renewing license at LTO can drive one to insanity