New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    May 2005
    OMBUDSMAN Ma. Merceditas Gutierrez has warned all government officials and personnel abusively using unauthorized government vehicles authorized.

Gutierrez issued the warning following continuous reports that many government officials used state vehicles on unofficial tours and travels.

According to the complaints government vehicles have been seen in malls, recreational areas, beaches, hotels, motels and nightclubs.

Gutierrez created Task Force Red Plate headed by Assistant Ombudsman Mark Jalandoni to apprehend all government officials who abusively use government vehicles in unauthorized travels.

Many sectors lauded Gutierrez’s move in her bid which could help conserve fuel as oil prices continue to rise.

But who will apprehend these abusive government officials?

Last year President Gloria Macapagal-Arroyo instructed then Interior and Local Government Secretary now Department of Environment and Natural Resources Angelo Reyes and Assistant Secretary and Land Transportation Office Chief Anneli R. Lontoc to implement the order.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    But who will apprehend these abusive government officials?
    obviously, not government officials din so

why not the militants? para magka-use naman sila.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Who cares about red plate cars? For all you know, a number of them are really private vehicles using security plates. Why not just arrest everyone illegally using sirens and blinkers on their cars or vans?

4. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Arrest them ALL. I'm sick of seeing people flash me to get out of their way when they're obviously not on official business, not in an official car and they don't have a dying man sitting in the backseat.

Ang pagbalik ng comeback...

5. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    what's needed is a firm implementation of the law. if nothing seemed to have happened with the president's order, then what more can we expect from somebody else? tsk tsk....

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    daming abusado dyan... kung gugustuhin talaga manghuli, may mahuhuli. hindi na kailangan ipaalam pa. wala nang warning-warning...abusado mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by oldblue
    obviously, not government officials din so

why not the militants? para magka-use naman sila.
    i like the way you think heehee

8. Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by niky
    Arrest them ALL. I'm sick of seeing people flash me to get out of their way when they're obviously not on official business, not in an official car and they don't have a dying man sitting in the backseat.
    i understand your sentiments... i too am sick and pissed at all those wang wangeros trying to bully everyone on the streets... madalas pag may pumipitik ng wang wang para sumingit sa akin, lalo ko di pinagbibigyan... kung di siya nagwangwang, baka pinagbigyan ko pa siya....

be that as it may, it is also a reality that there are legit users... malalaman mo kung legitimate yung pag wang wang niya kung malayo pa lang siya nakawang wang na at tuloy tuloy... at the onset, it would appear na talagang paresponde siya... be it a police, fire or medical emergency...

madalas sa hindi, yung sa mga kamoteng unathorized users, papitik pitik lang, usually para makasingit lang sa traffic or just to make an illegal turn...

sadly, they reflect negatively on the legitimate users... yun ang kinakainis ng mga legitimate users... pati sila nadadamay sa kabalbalan ng mga wangwangerong kamote!!!

kaya tama lang ito, dapat dalasan ang operation!!!

para sa mga sumbong, pwede kayo tumawag sa 9269032... pa connect lang kayo sa office ni AO Jalandoni...

Red plate users to be arrested