New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Dahil sa mga napakadaming jeep na kung saan saan humihinto at walang pakialam akala nila sa kanila ang kalsada.kahit binubusinaan mo sila hindi ka nila pinapansin at kung ikaw naman nasa harap nila sila naman tong busina ng busina.bakit kaya?sa kanila ba kalsada?Pati ang BUS.kung gusto nila pumunta sa ibang lane,sige lang basta magawa nila mga gusto nila.Bakit kaya hindi nila hinuhuli mga to?lalo na mga jeep.pero pag mga private car,ang bilis kumilos mga traffic enforcer.pero pag jeep wala sila pakialam.Bumili nalang kaya ako jeep para yun na gamitin ko dito sa manila?!hehehe

2. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Yeah JEEP is one of the worst reasons why ma-traffic. Stopping in the middle to get and drop passengers... Also taxis looking for passengers, panay into if may nakitang stand by thinking na pasahero...

3. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by tidus1203 View Post
    Yeah JEEP is one of the worst reasons why ma-traffic. Stopping in the middle to get and drop passengers... Also taxis looking for passengers, panay into if may nakitang stand by thinking na pasahero...
    alam mo sir napakasimpleng problema lang sa bansa natin to pero hindi nila nagagawan ng paraan.lagi ako nagsusumbong sa email at contact ng LTO,MMDA,LTFRB pero parang hindi nila pinapansin.alam ba nila magbasa?ngayon si PNOY na president at gusto nya sumunod sa batas trapiko sana mapansin niya agad yan.kaya nga galit na galit si jason ivler sa mga driver ng jeep e.dapat mabawasan mga yan.kung pwede nga lang mawala na sila.pasensya nalang sa mga walang sasakyan.magbike nalang sila.naiinis talaga ako sir kasi everyday ako nagdadrive.dapat kasi tong mga kumukuha professional license dapat dumaan sa mahigpit na proseso at training.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    if only the jeepney and bus drivers would practice common road courtesy and be disciplined enough to follow the rules, we all can live to gether and use the roadsin harmony...ang mahirap diyan sa mga drivers ng bus ant jeep ay sarili lang ang iniintindi. walang paki kung nakakaabala. makasarili.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    KCBoy relax, baka mahigh-blood ka sige ikaw rin ang talo. panahon pa ni Mahoma ang problema na yan sa Pinas. Ever since the road was paved in this native country of ours, mga assholes na yang mga yan and what do you expect ba sa isang jeepney driver? I hate to say this but most PUV drivers are mal-educated or worst of all, uneducated but they have professional license to drive, and you know why? well the answer is obvious, kaya nga ang gagara ng mga wheels ng mga taga LTO eh. Were all at fault here, the authorities: because they tolerate it and have not given preferential attention to the problem, kase me kotong. The riding public: because they don't go to the supposed designated stop and pick-up points, kase wala ring disiplina sa sarile. The motorist:because they are apathetic to the plight of our traffic system, kase di rin marunong sumunod sa batas ng trapiko. Well, I said my piece and that's me.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Tama ka dude.Hindi ko din nilalait mga puv drivers pero ang napapansin ko kasi kung sino pa mga mahirap e sila pa halos mga walang disiplina.Andami naaaksidente sa kalye especially sa mga bus.Kung makikita mo kung pano sila magpatakbo dito sa metro manila.pano pa kaya sa province?

7. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    let's not be selfish either.. its all up to one's discipline.. passengers flagging down puvs at the wrong place, admit it private cars also contribute in traffic.. specially suv's love to counterflow.. keep a cool head and stay defensive driving..

8. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Jeepney drivers earn their living thru "per ulo" scheme.

Kaya bwakaw sa pasahero mga PUV drivers natin. Kung may fix minimum income sila. di magmamadali at mag aagawan mga yan.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I think the reason why traffic is so bad can't be solely blamed on PUB/PUJ, taxis, etc. We ourselves can/should be blamed for it as well for not giving way. The more we don't give way, the more the flow of traffic will be jammed. I myself am guilty for not giving way sometimes, but I guess it already became instilled in our nature as drivers in Metro Manila. Constantly battling it out with public utility vehicles, trying not to be cut off by aggressive drivers. Though PUV's are also a big factor, its not the main reason. Thats just what i think, at least. )

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boggs.m18 View Post
    I think the reason why traffic is so bad can't be solely blamed on PUB/PUJ, taxis, etc. We ourselves can/should be blamed for it as well for not giving way. The more we don't give way, the more the flow of traffic will be jammed. I myself am guilty for not giving way sometimes, but I guess it already became instilled in our nature as drivers in Metro Manila. Constantly battling it out with public utility vehicles, trying not to be cut off by aggressive drivers. Though PUV's are also a big factor, its not the main reason. Thats just what i think, at least. )
    They are the major reason why traffic is slow or even stops.

For one, their big numbers on the major roads already creates congestion. If you don't believe me, observe the traffic flow when a general jeepney strike is called out. Traffic flow becomes so light and quick.

Next, their bad habits of stopping any time, anywhere, even in the middle of the road to load/unload passengers does not aid in traffic flow. Stopping in the middle of the road not just clogs one lane, it clogs all the other lanes towards the sidewalk as the commuters make their way between the jeepney & the sidewalk.

And then their bad driving habits. Having jeepneys weave left and right all over a two or three or four lane road results in slower movement of traffic as cars and other vehicles avoid colliding with these weaving jeepneys. Cars would prefer to go quick and straight but pesky jeepneys scattered all over the road make this impossible.

Basic driving discipline among the jeepney drivers would result in greatly reducing the traffic problems in the city.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Reason why always traffic