New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    This is all on video. I'll post the link once it's been uploaded.

Yesterday November 7, 2015 around 2:20pm in Roxas Boulevard - Airport Road intersection, while on my way to Las Pinas, I was pulled over by MMDA because I did not turn left on a 'mandatory left turn' to Airport Road. I was stuck on the 2nd lane because of heavy traffic so I admit, I was at fault that time, but I contest the violation. The officer was claiming it was Reckless Driving! Traffic was so heavy that time, I was not even going above 5km per hour. I don't understand how that was considered as Reckless Driving, more like obstruction or something, but not reckless so as to endanger anyone. What do you think guys?

So I stopped on the spot they wanted. It surprised me that the enforcer talking to us was interested to know where we are going. Anyway, it can be heard on the video that he said the other vehicle they pulled over (Crosswind, plate # can be seen on video) had the same violation. He even added that they've been talking to the Crosswind driver for a while now because according to him, 'nagmamatigas ang driver'.

At this time, a certain Mr. EDR approached us and began telling us my violation was reckless driving with a fine amounting to 2,000 with seminar. It appears he was the one in-charge of the group. He wore an MMDA cap and his nameplate was not visible, I just got the name from the ticket he gave us.

While talking to us, another enforcer called out to Mr. EDR saying 'titiketan ko na to' referring to the Crosswind; however, he did not have any ticket on his hand because Mr. EDR was the one currently holding the tickets stubs, and then surprisingly they let the Crosswind go.

I called out the other officer about this and asked him plainly why he did not issue a ticket to the Crosswind driver, contrary to what he announced; his reply was 'nanganganak na, may emergency'. That clearly was not true, initially they said 'Nagmamatigas ang driver'. No mention about a pregnant passenger was made.

At this point I removed the camera from the dashboard and began pointing it to the enforcers.
    It was clearly seen in the video that Mr. EDR was the one holding the ticket stubs this whole time, and that they did not issue a ticket to the Crosswind driver; when I asked him why, his reply was 'Aba malay ko'.

Any inputs here guys? Clearly something happened here.

My third complain was that Mr. EDR took my driver's license! This is clearly a violation of MMDA's policies. After he saw I was recording him, he hurriedly made me sign the ticket and left the scene! I got out of the car with my camera but I was not able to get my license back nor ask him why he was holding on to it because he left! Same thing with one of his companions, claiming there was an accident nearby that he needs to attend to, and he left as well.

I'm going to call MMDA's Complaint Division on Monday and I'm willing to take this as far as possible to get to the bottom of it. Any help/advice from you guys will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for reading.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    calling the complaint desk does not solve the problem. you go there and personally lodged your complaint. you have a video footage as evidence. goodluck.

3. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    thanks sir juan. yeah i'm certainly willing to do that
    here's the video
    https://youtu.be/B93KNFWJVzA

4. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    thanks sir juan. yeah i'm certainly willing to do that
    here's the video
    https://youtu.be/B93KNFWJVzA

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Yung sinasabing 1st & 2nd lanes, mandatory left turn, meron ba signage ? Kung wala, eh di walang violation, his making a genral statement base on assumption. Again kung walang signage, the job of the MMDA should have help you get out of the mess dahil naipit ka na brought about by the traffic. Complain in person sa MMDA office and bring your case. Yung sibasabing sa Pasay at Paranaque , reckless driving eh 2K another red flag yan at malinaw na pananakot. MMDA governs all the cities & municipalities of the metro so equal ang penalty for all.

Next time, don't call this MMDA's , TEs, police or any goverment employee boss, they are public servant thus they should provide the public due respect not the other way around. Calling them boss show's your an easy prey.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Contest mo sir. Walang arrow direction yung kalsada diyan at 2 lanes lang airport road so 2nd lane is left or straight. Ang understanding ko kasi kung ilang lane yung lilikuan, ganun din allotted na lane sa panggagalingan ng liliko. Magulo lang kasi talaga dyan up to 4 lanes kumakaliwa kaya nagkaka buhol buhol tapos yang mga mmda inuuna nga pangongotong kesa ayusin traffic.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2014
    imageuploadedbytsikot-forums1446946074.735563.jpg

Ayan walang arrows

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by luis_ View Post
    Contest mo sir. Walang arrow direction yung kalsada diyan at 2 lanes lang airport road so 2nd lane is left or straight. Ang understanding ko kasi kung ilang lane yung lilikuan, ganun din allotted na lane sa panggagalingan ng liliko. Magulo lang kasi talaga dyan up to 4 lanes kumakaliwa kaya nagkaka buhol buhol tapos yang mga mmda inuuna nga pangongotong kesa ayusin traffic.
    I second the motion

9. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    thanks for the input guys.
    and thank you for the pic sir luis. that will certainly make my case stronger

10. Join Date
    Nov 2015
    thanks for the input guys.
    and thank you for the pic sir luis. that will certainly make my case stronger

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Questionable Reckless Driving, License Confiscation and Kutongan