New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i saw this car getting towed and it got a little damaged bcoz medyo careless yung mga nagtotow.... the question is, yung damage na yun sagot ba ng government yun?

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May nakita din ako dati na ganyan talagang wasak yung bumper nya... kawawa naman mayari non.:twisted:

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    what about the fact that they tow the cars on their rear wheels.... and the towed car's handbrake is on. kahit papaano, damage yung brakes di ba?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    parking brakes are usually applied to the rear wheels for cars...

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    that's precisely my point.

they lift the front of the car and tow it with the rear wheels on the ground. chances are the poor guy had his parking brakes on.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Alam ko dapat sagutin ng tow operator ang damages to your vehicle during their towing not the government. Reklamo ka directly sa towing operator pag may damages. Pag di ka pinakinggan diretso ka sa local government or MMDA para matanggalan ng license to operate and tow operator.

7. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    I've got a question,

My car was towed last night (my bad/fault), I don't mind paying for the penalty (lesson learned )

But I'm really worried if it may have caused any transmission damage due to towing. Its a front-wheel drive, was on "P" and engaged hand brake. I'm pretty sure they towed it from behind since the towing mechanism was placed there. Since it was set to P, will it have any damage sa transmission or anything? The front wheels were angled a bit sideways when I retrieved it, it means they didn't used dollies in front wheels.

Sorry its my first time experience to get towed and I'm really worried for any long time damage effect

Hope someone could share their knowledge on this situation.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    I've got a question,

My car was towed last night (my bad/fault), I don't mind paying for the penalty (lesson learned )

But I'm really worried if it may have caused any transmission damage due to towing. Its a front-wheel drive, was on "P" and engaged hand brake. I'm pretty sure they towed it from behind since the towing mechanism was placed there. Since it was set to P, will it have any damage sa transmission or anything? The front wheels were angled a bit sideways when I retrieved it, it means they didn't used dollies in front wheels.

Sorry its my first time experience to get towed and I'm really worried for any long time damage effect

Have it checked. Having the drive wheels spinning while in Park is going to damage something.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by Sebastian Bach View Post
    I've got a question,

For sure the tranny gear will be damaged if they did not place rollers on the front wheels. Ask for damages from the towing clowns and sue them if they don't or better yet, get a gun for hire and eliminate those dumb ass idiots. Mura lang bayad sa gun for hire sa mga ganyan mga peste sa lipunan.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by mda View Post
    Have it checked. Having the drive wheels spinning while in Park is going to damage something.
    Quote Originally Posted by macsd View Post
    For sure the tranny gear will be damaged if they did not place rollers on the front wheels. Ask for damages from the towing clowns and sue them if they don't or better yet, get a gun for hire and eliminate those dumb ass idiots. Mura lang bayad sa gun for hire sa mga ganyan mga peste sa lipunan.
    Oh man..

Alright. I'll have this specifically checked on my next PMS. Thanks!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
question bout towing