New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    I recently purchased a car last march and i got it registered pero hindi sa name ko, pero i have the original OR/CR and deed of sale, ask ko lang kung puwede kong gamitin ang california drivers license ko kasi wala pa akong local na drivers license dito.. and mga magkano need ko para makakauha ng license para dito sa Philippines, thank you!!

2. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Sir AFAIK hindi po irerecognize yung california license mo, unless its international, kasi nasa Philippines ka na, (Correct me if I'm wrong mga sir). nasa 400+ or 600+ pesos ata yung non pro, try visiting the nearest LTO in your area.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    may reciprocity ang U.S. at Philippines pagdating sa license diba? paconfirm na lang. My cousins just use their Cali licenses here when they visit. But you can use it for only for driving (not for identification, car rental, etc.).

http://docotep.multiply.com/
    Need an Ambulance? We sell Zic Brand Oils and Lubricants. Please PM me.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2005

^^^ Yes, that is correct. In the same token, I am using my Philippine Driver's License when I am driving in CA.... I think maximum of two months yata, if I am not mistaken.... Enjoy the Manila Roads, bro!!!

And, I am using my Philippine Driver's License too when I rent a car in CA.... I think it is true for the rest of the US, although I've driven only in CA, ID, NV, OR and WA....

9606:hippie:
    Last edited by CVT; April 5th, 2010 at 02:35 PM.

5. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    sir, according to LTO website you can use it for 3 months.

here's the link.... http://www.lto.gov.ph/dls_faq.html

6. Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagbigay ng info, i was quoted 2k pesos to get a non-pro license pero salamat sa link na ibinigay nalaman ko na under 1k lang pala ang kailangan, thanks! kukuha na lang ako ng Phil license

7. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by skyglider View Post
    sir, according to LTO website you can use it for 3 months.

here's the link.... http://www.lto.gov.ph/dls_faq.html

Sir baka applicable lang yan sa tourists.

8. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by joyluck614 View Post
    Maraming salamat sa lahat ng nagbigay ng info, i was quoted 2k pesos to get a non-pro license pero salamat sa link na ibinigay nalaman ko na under 1k lang pala ang kailangan, thanks! kukuha na lang ako ng Phil license
    2k for a license! whats that sir fixer?

pano yun sir can you apply directly to non-pro or pro?

9. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by arnielbenz View Post
    Sir baka applicable lang yan sa tourists.
    when i was in bohol last month i saw some tourist driving a motorcycle.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by joyluck614 View Post

I am looking at my driver's license and noted that I paid P350 + P67.63 or total of P417.63 for its renewal,- good for 3 years. So, I guess P1K appears to be in the ballpark, given the various tests and certifications required before you get the license.

9606:hippie:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
question about license