New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Our foreigner friends referred to the jeepney as "the most convenient city bus in the world". Fare is dirt cheap, you knock on the ceiling and it'll drop you off wherever you want. Their words not mine. PUV Modernization Program

I'm really rooting for the e-jeepneys though. Just look at how successful the e-trikes are in Manila.

Sent from my SM-G900I using Tapatalk
    I don't think that's successful. Tricycle dapat replace nila. Kaso ginawa na nilang mini jeep ang etrike nila. May route sila. Tapos 20 pesos isang tao. Tapos andyan pa rin naman mga gas engine tricycle

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by dct View Post
    I don't think that's successful. Tricycle dapat replace nila. Kaso ginawa na nilang mini jeep ang etrike nila. May route sila. Tapos 20 pesos isang tao. Tapos andyan pa rin naman mga gas engine tricycle

Sent from my SM-A9000 using Tapatalk
    Oonga eh, hindi kasi nareregulate ang fare ng mga tricycles so ganon din sila. I see this as a step in the right direction though. I'm sure many etrike drivers were former tricycle or even kuliglig drivers. I wonder why the LTFRB is doing next to nothing with regards to regulation of tricycles.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2012
    finally.. taking metro manila down is obviously against our nations interest...
    Striking transport group to be charged with ‘economic sabotage’ - The Manila Times Online

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Last edited by StockEngine; October 17th, 2017 at 04:17 AM.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    Oonga eh, hindi kasi nareregulate ang fare ng mga tricycles so ganon din sila. I see this as a step in the right direction though. I'm sure many etrike drivers were former tricycle or even kuliglig drivers. I wonder why the LTFRB is doing next to nothing with regards to regulation of tricycles.

Tricycle fare regulation is devolved to the local government

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kisshmet View Post
    Tricycle fare regulation is devolved to the local government

Sent from my GT-P3110 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Unfortunately there seems to be no regulation whatsoever at all. Tricycles are charging like taxis and etrikes like UV Express! This despite the fact that they are the cheapest to run and maintain.

6. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    finally.. taking metro manila down is obviously against our nations interest...
    Striking transport group to be charged with ‘economic sabotage’ - The Manila Times Online

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It is economic sabotage.

Sent from my SM-T705 using Tsikot Forums mobile app

7. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    The Hino models looks pretty good. They came out with and without Air con...

Japan’s Hino Motors Tries Hand at Building Modern Version of Pinoy Jeepney | Entrepreneur Ph

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    if the program is to succeed, someone has to exercise some teeth.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    its a very unpopular decision but it will be for the good of the country. dapat matapos lahat ng phase ng modernization during the current admin dahil pag nag carry over to next pa yan. ewan na lang kung matatapos pa.

dapat may phaseout din ang jeep eh noh like taxi. X number of years palit na. sobrang bawi na sila sa jeep na running 30-40 years on road. sa sobrang tipid o walang budget ng jeepney driver pati headlight hinde na binubuksan sa gabi.

10. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I wonder what will happen to those jeepney models that were shown to the expo, after the expo?

Page 3 of 18 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast