The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Cebu Road Heroes Public Group | Facebook

Sent from my SM-T725 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I saw a Japan surplus truck importer that seems to be quite popular in Facebook. I believe G-Tecnica is the name. Part of their advertising is that their trucks are Euro 4 already. It appears that Euro 4 Japan surplus engines are already available. That should significantly lessen the cost of modernization.

Sent from my SM-G965N using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by GTi View Post
    I saw a Japan surplus truck importer that seems to be quite popular in Facebook. I believe G-Tecnica is the name. Part of their advertising is that their trucks are Euro 4 already. It appears that Euro 4 Japan surplus engines are already available. That should significantly lessen the cost of modernization.

modernization is not only about the engine.

-integrating the beep card;

-better ingress and egress;

-cctv in all public vehicles including dashcams;

-gps;

- better seats etc, the list goes on and on.

point is there are jeepney cooperatives that did succeed like the one in marikina despite the added cost.

problem is the operator wants to milk these old jeepney till 500 years.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by victorevolution View Post
    modernization is not only about the engine.

-integrating the beep card;

-better ingress and egress;

-cctv in all public vehicles including dashcams;

-gps;

- better seats etc, the list goes on and on.

point is there are jeepney cooperatives that did succeed like the one in marikina despite the added cost.

problem is the operator wants to milk these old jeepney till 500 years.
    True, but are those others also requirements?

I had always thought that Clean Air Act compliance was the only non negotiable item.

And then again, those jeepney operators would most definitely already have regained their investment on their rickety 30 year old jeepneys decades ago.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    True, but are those others also requirements?

I had always thought that Clean Air Act compliance was the only non negotiable item.

And then again, those jeepney operators would most definitely already have regained their investment on their rickety 30 year old jeepneys decades ago.

for the severly old jeepney yes- there is a criteria kung pwede engine change pero after a couple of years papalitan na or new built.

they are contesting the newly built.

tama ka, kaya nga nagugulat ako pati yung mga nagmamagaling na educated na tao eh ayaw kasi ganito or bigyan ng funds na haos libre na instead of building a proper mass transit system. point is, kumita na sila, at gusto pang gawin milking cow ang old jeeps na in the first place mga surplus engine na... when is the right time to replace them? hard truth naman kasi, the business of public convenience should never be for them.
    Last edited by victorevolution; October 2nd, 2019 at 02:22 PM.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    It appears that Euro 4 Japan surplus engines are already available. That should significantly lessen the cost of modernization.
    As I posted earlier... My family used to own PUVs...

Here's the thing with Euro-4 engines...

Operators will keep on reducing the "tech" attached to the engine. It will work with almost 60% of the power.
    Less "tech" means lesser maintenance.

I remember even removing the engine's turbo and modifying the cooling system.

If an Operator decides to use a proper Euro-4 engine... The Jeep's brakes will not be enough to stop the vehicle.

Then there's the "conversion plate" as most modern engines are automatic
    Mis-matched Tranny and Differential.

It is just more economical to just replace the Jeeps with modern mini-buses.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by ice15 View Post
    As I posted earlier... My family used to own PUVs...

Here's the thing with Euro-4 engines...

Operators will keep on reducing the "tech" attached to the engine. It will work with almost 60% of the power.
    Less "tech" means lesser maintenance.

I remember even removing the engine's turbo and modifying the cooling system.

If an Operator decides to use a proper Euro-4 engine... The Jeep's brakes will not be enough to stop the vehicle.

Then there's the "conversion plate" as most modern engines are automatic
    Mis-matched Tranny and Differential.

It is just more economical to just replace the Jeeps with modern mini-buses.
    as it should be.

first a modern mini bus cost like 2.7m - hyundai county.

no idea where some get the figures that the modern jeepney cost like 2m- maybe for the up'd spec'd versions. but for the basic it's like 1- 1.2 m depending on the capacity- with that youget the proper ingress and egress

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    no way jeepney operators can afford maintenance on newer diesel engines na may computer box/electronics

pag may sira di kaya ng mga mekaniko marunong lang sa lumang diesel engine like 4BA1/4BC1/4BC2/4D30/31/32

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by uls View Post
    no way jeepney operators can afford maintenance on newer diesel engines na may computer box/electronics

pag may sira di kaya ng mga mekaniko marunong lang sa lumang diesel engine like 4BA1/4BC1/4BC2/4D30/31/32
    If it is not just one or two jeeps under the coop/operator group/company, then it would make sense for them to train in house mechanics in that regard right to check/maintain their vehicles, right?

I'm a bit uncertain if we can expect them to rely with the "casa mechanics"/maintenance, even if they send over their trained mechanics to the yard as they'd most likely cost more, regardless for the type/quality of work expectations.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005

yes lots of late model japan surplus trucks on the market

reports from the field sakit sa ulo daw mga modelong truck

pag tumirik wala marunong mag ayos

puro electronics kasi

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast