New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by barebone View Post
    bossing

ask ko lang one time sa my intersection ng cubao edsa, galing ako gilmore
    ng minsan NAHULI ako dun at sabing SWERVING daw ako, eh hindi naman po ako ng chachange ng LANE tapos mytinuturo sya na karatula na nakalagay NO SWERVING
    eh ung karatula hindi naman naka harap sa daanan ng sasakyan at yung karatula ay nasa left side nasa pinaka dulo kasi ako ng lane (right) then nung paliko na ako sa edsa pa uwi na kasi ako eh so mag edsa ako papunta guadalupe then pinara ako nung MMDA
    so stop ako kasi kala ko no right turn,,, tapos bigla ako binanatan ng SWERVING daw ako...

hayzzzzzzz kuha lisensya ko multa pa ako.
    Nabiktima na din ako niyan. One of the MMDA's stupider 'experiments' in traffic flow redirection. It was newly implemented and they put the darn sign where drivers were SURE to miss it! Siyempre isang barangay ng kotong aides yung nag iintay. Di ko na sana paparahan kaso sakay ko pamilya ko eh.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    thanks for this :D

3. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wisecracker75 View Post
    I don't know if this is the right place to ask this, but I'll try anyway. Is there a way kung paano ko malalaman kung magkano na babayaran ko sa MMDA? I was pulled over LAST YEAR BEFORE CHRISTMAS (tagal na no?) for swerving w/c I found out here that it is not swerving and one for beating the red light. Actually dalawa kami ako lang ang hinuli. Anyway, di ko na makita yung tickets, and I heard na hindi ko daw marerenew lisence ko pag may unpaid tickets ako. (Is that true?) Hope someone can help me on this. Thanks!!!! :D
    ok here's another one...sana nuon pa ako nagpamiyembro dito...

anyway...this is Section 5 of P.D. 1605 (dated 21 Nov., 1978) by former Pres F.E. Marcos (and this Law is still valid up to now)

Section 5.
    In case of traffic violations, the driver's license shall not be
    confiscated but the erring driver shall be immediately issued a traffic
    citation ticket prescribed by the Metropolitan Manila Commission which shall state the violation committed, the amount of fine imposed for the violation and an advice that he can make payment to the city or municipal treasurer where the violation was committed within seven days from the date of issuance of the citation ticket.
    If the offender fails to pay the fine imposed within the period herein prescribed, the Metropolitan Manila Commission or the law-enforcement agency concerned shall endorse the case to the proper fiscal for appropriate proceedings preparatory to the filing of the case with the competent traffic court, city or municipal court.
    If at the time a driver renews his driver's license and records show that he has unpaid fine, his driver's license shall not be renewed until he has paid the fine and corresponding surcharges.

You can access the MMDA numbers thru their website at http:/www.mmda.gov.ph/ or just type MMDA sa Google search bar.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by barebone View Post
    bossing

ask ko lang one time sa my intersection ng cubao edsa, galing ako gilmore
    ng minsan NAHULI ako dun at sabing SWERVING daw ako, eh hindi naman po ako ng chachange ng LANE tapos mytinuturo sya na karatula na nakalagay NO SWERVING
    eh ung karatula hindi naman naka harap sa daanan ng sasakyan at yung karatula ay nasa left side nasa pinaka dulo kasi ako ng lane (right) then nung paliko na ako sa edsa pa uwi na kasi ako eh so mag edsa ako papunta guadalupe then pinara ako nung MMDA
    so stop ako kasi kala ko no right turn,,, tapos bigla ako binanatan ng SWERVING daw ako...

hayzzzzzzz kuha lisensya ko multa pa ako.

Ask din ako. Saan ba kayo natuto magmaneho and it seems that you are devoid of all traffic rules and regulations. Driving is not just getting inside a car, turn the engine on, put into gear and step on the gas. It's more than that!!!

Firstly, you say you were coming from Gilmore (sa may NEW MANILA) and you ended up at the intersection of Aurora Blvd and EDSA and you are on your way to Guadalupe so South-bound ka. Baket ka nagpahuli. Sa sinabi mo nag right turn ka sa Edsa from Aurora which is allowed. Also, alam mo na hindi ka SWERVING, eh, bakit ka pumayag na makumpiska ang license mo.
    Please lang...stand up for your rights at huwag kayo matakot i-contest ang bawat huli. Also, be sure to get the name and badge no. ng mga traffic aide na yan. By law, They cannot confiscate your license.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    yes, very informative.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Yes, this is very helpful the next time I encounter an MMDA enforcer. By the way, in relation to what ChevyChaser mentioned, we really need to stand up for our rights. I doubt if they really understand by heart yong traffic rules and regulations kaya everytime they flag you, always ask yong cause ng violation. I think it will also help if you tell them to give you the ticket with their name on it kasi kako you will contest yong violation. Takutan na ba kung takutan. Afterall, ticket lang yan sayo... trabaho yong mawawala sa kanila. Kaya nga nagMMDA mga yan kasi wala na silang ibang trabahong makuha. In short, boblites mga yan.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Protect yourself from abusive MMDA Personnel...... use your American accent english while contesting your alleged violation. Tell the officer you don't understand and speak "Filipinow". He'll leave you alone eventually.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    Protect yourself from abusive MMDA Personnel...... use your American accent english while contesting your alleged violation. Tell the officer you don't understand and speak "Filipinow". He'll leave you alone eventually.
    ha, ha, ha right!

9. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Hmmm... i saw in the news last month that swerving is a violation according to MMDA Chairman Bayani Fernando. He also said in the news that they will be very strict in apprehending swerving violators along EDSA. He said that the markings in the road will indicate if drivers can swerve or not at a particular section. A solid white line indicates that vehicles cannot change lane, while the they change lane in dash lines.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by a4Tech View Post
    Got this from e-mail.

Mods please transfer if i posted it in the wrong section or delete if a similar thread exists.

What if nasita ang isang sasakyan after crossing roxas blvd. along EDSA, going towards MOA? Wala naman kasing u-turn warning sign before the u-turn slot. So ang ginagawa ng mga driver is to change lane kung hindi naman sila mag uu-turn kasi papunta sila sa MOA. Ang u-turn sign is located mismo sa u-turn slot at may nakaabang na Pasay traffic aid in motorcycle pa doon. Wala ka talagang takas kasi nakasakay pa sya sa motorsiklo nya. Tipong hahabulin ka nya kung tumakas ka. Ala Cowboy!

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
Protect yourself from abusive MMDA Personnel