New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Hi Tsikoteers, I have a used car which I'd like to sell but the buyers are turned off by the fact that the Cert of Reg contains my name plus "c/o Company Name". The address in the CR is my home address and the original CR was released to me and not to my Company. The Casa folks told me that it was necessary to add the "c/o" to avail of the fleet discount. I paid for it using my personal funds.

One buyer told me that an LTO contact advised him to ask me to get a waiver of ownership from the Company. It's been 8 years since I left that Company hehe..

Buyers are concerned that LTO will not allow the buyer transfer the vehicle to their name. Is this true? Even if the buyer possesses the original CR (which I will give to him)? Tried to tell them that the CR will not be released to me by the Company if they had legal claim to it, nor will they pay me my retirement benefits and still retain ownership of the car which has never left my possession. Moreso if it was still mortgaged. Whatchatink brothers?

Anyway, I will be asking this former Company of mine to issue a waiver, just don't know if they will entertain me or if yes how long it will take them to do so, sayang yung buyers, pupunta na lang sa iba.

Any LTO member here? Your thoughts please.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by maki mi View Post
    Hi Tsikoteers, I have a used car which I'd like to sell but the buyers are turned off by the fact that the Cert of Reg contains my name plus "c/o Company Name". The address in the CR is my home address and the original CR was released to me and not to my Company. The Casa folks told me that it was necessary to add the "c/o" to avail of the fleet discount. I paid for it using my personal funds.

One buyer told me that an LTO contact advised him to ask me to get a waiver of ownership from the Company. It's been 8 years since I left that Company hehe..

Buyers are concerned that LTO will not allow the buyer transfer the vehicle to their name. Is this true? Even if the buyer possesses the original CR (which I will give to him)? Tried to tell them that the CR will not be released to me by the Company if they had legal claim to it, nor will they pay me my retirement benefits and still retain ownership of the car which has never left my possession. Moreso if it was still mortgaged. Whatchatink brothers?

Anyway, I will be asking this former Company of mine to issue a waiver, just don't know if they will entertain me or if yes how long it will take them to do so, sayang yung buyers, pupunta na lang sa iba.

If I really wanted to sell my car and the CR was a deal breaker, then I would go to LTO myself and find out what I need to address this issue. I will not rely on 2nd hand info from potential buyers.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Right On Bro Quint! I decided last night that the only way to rectify this was to have the CR replaced with my name only. I was resigned to the fact that no amount of reasoning will convince a sceptical buyer. But just the same I still want to see inputs from other tsikoteers.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Right On Bro Quint! I decided last night that the only way to rectify this was to have the CR replaced with my name only. I was resigned to the fact that no amount of reasoning will convince a sceptical buyer. But just the same I still want to see inputs from other tsikoteers.
    tama naman ang iniisip mo.... have the CR replaced. just make sure that you have a certificate of waiver from your company.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

tama naman ang iniisip mo.... have the CR replaced. just make sure that you have a certificate of waiver from your company.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Actually iniisip ko nga ilagay sa Deed of Sale, Maki Mi c/o Company Name :bleh:

6. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Even for vehicle fleet purchases,- the CRs of our employees do not have c/o Company Name to avail of the discount....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:

7. Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Even for vehicle fleet purchases,- the CRs of our employees do not have c/o Company Name to avail of the discount....

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

25.8K:shazam:
    Exactly sir CVT, I even doubt if a company would agree to having c/o placed to become a co-owner. I wish the buyers and LTO knows this. Hassle lang talaga.

OT, your location reminds me of Camp Big Falcon of Financemanila.

Problem: Certificate of Registration c/o Company Name