New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi everyone. Just want to ask something about this because it really freaked me out.

I bought a second hand 1994 nissan sentra last year and been driving fine but recently i was pulled over by HPG (Highway Patrol Group). They said my plate number looks suspicious. (It starts with a letter M)

They checked their database and lumabas "Recovered" vehicle. I was really shocked and angry with the seller. Di ko na sya ma contact. My OR says it was registered at Polomolok EO. I did some research and polomolok is in Mindanao

then 2008 it was registered at Binan, Laguna (where i bought the car) Yung MV file number, according to HPG, hindi daw for Polomolok, Mindanao but for Metro Manila. Gusto nila ko dalin sa Crame for questionning. Nakakatakot talaga (and embarrassing. They make me feel like a common criminal.)

Now i don't know what to do. Does anyone know the process for correcting the papers? Nakakatakot na kasi gamitin yung sasakyan pag may problema yung papers. I know zero about cars (and registrations) when i bought the car

Sorry ang haba pero sana may makatulong. Thanks po.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You should've checked if the car is cleared prior to purchase. Problems with registration might occur but I bet this is the least of your worries. Baka may hindi magandang history yung car then mapagkamalan ka..................

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    I also had the same problem a few months back with an old car. Pinara ako ng HPG. They wanted me to bring the car to crame, but if I had done so, they'll impound the car. What I did was talk nicely to HPG and asked if I may park the car in my garage while I get the papers fixed.

What i suggest you do is don't use your car while you're fixing the papers.

As for how to fix the papers, hindi ko po alam coz someone from my office did that part.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    ^yeah hindi din ako pumayag na dalin sa crame for the same reason that they will impound the car. How did you fix your papers? Matagal ba saka magkano nagastos mo?

5. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by keith1127 View Post
    ^yeah hindi din ako pumayag na dalin sa crame for the same reason that they will impound the car. How did you fix your papers? Matagal ba saka magkano nagastos mo?
    sorry hindi ko alam kung magkano dahil yung office namin ang nagbayad. tapos hindi ko na ginamit yung kotse na yun. kumuha naalang po ako ng bago.

Police says my car is a "Recovered" Vehicle