New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    HI! how long would it take for the PNP/TMG clearance for a car? Do I need that to transfer the ownership of the car? 2 hrs maybe?
    where is it located??

thanks =)

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^ normally, it can take you three days from application to release, so kailangang magpadulas ka ng onti. I would want to discourage this practice, but ipit ka, specially if your time is important.

yes, you need that to transfer the ownership of the car.

go to any TMG office sa Crame o dito sa may Airport Road, Pasay.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2005
    you can get it within an hour or so after they stenciled your car, that's what the refer to as 'rush' job. well, basically may pampadulas, since 3 days nga yan normally. you have 7 days i think to use that in transferring the ownership of the car, beyond that, you'll have to get another one.

it doesn't really make any sense why the 3 days, LTO should just create a ruling for the public to choose between 'rush' or normal course of the process, just like passport application(yata). it's just a source of corruption.

in my case, i don't want to lose 2 days worth of work, so naturally...

may TMG office din sa Kapitolyo, Pasig, at sa Camp Caringal sa QC.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    thanks for the informations. How much would it cost for the "rush" clearance?

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^ clearance fee i think is 250 pesos, pero ang pampadulas is around 500 pesos.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    I just bought a car. Pasensya na newbie eh. Para saan po yung PNP clearance? I don't remember the previous owner giving me one. Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ^^its for the change of ownership process. kung second hand ang oto mo, you need this document for you to have the ownership placed under your name.

or you can use this too so you can sleep soundly at night, knowing that your car is not a hot car.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    What would happen if you try to process the Change of Ownership at LTO and you found out that what you bought was a "hot" car?

What will TMG do to you or your car? Will the car get impounded? If not, will you still get the change of ownership from LTO?

Kawawa naman yung buyer kung di na mahahabol yung seller...

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    mga sir, kelangan ba dalhin sasakayan para kumuha ng clearance?

kasi meron akong irerehistro na sasakayan, imported, kumpleto ng documents from customs (halos kasing kapal ng libro mga papel)

baka meron kayong kakilala sa LTO at PNP-TMG, pa reffer naman please.

thanks

10. Join Date
    May 2008
    kelangan ba dalhin ang sasakayn apg kukuha ng clearance sa PNP-TMG?

PNP clearance?