New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    May 2004
    How would you know if its legal or not if the plate number starts with "y"? A friend of mine got caught in Q.C. and was told that his EK hatch papers is illegal... So now how would you be 100% sure that the car that you are getting is legal when the plate starts in "y" and imported pa?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    ngek, hinuli? eh kung galing naman sa cebu yang ek niya, illegal pa rin ba? eh dito sa atin, may designation ang mga letters sa plate numbers natin eh

3. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    baka naman may hokus pokus sa pag process ng imported ek nyan.

diba from cebu usually mga ganyan?

4. Join Date
    May 2004
    Yap from Cebu nga... Buti na nga lang may kakilala sila sa Camp Crame... Im planning to buy kasi ng Car kaso "Y" yung plate kaya medjo hesitant ako...

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    That should not be a problem. Modus lang yan ng mga sira-ulong mga pulis. Importation of the car should be under the Bureau of Customs. Since registered na yung car sa LTO, wala nang paki-alam ang mga hinayupak na pulis na yan! Bwiset!

http://customs.gov.ph/faqsp2.jsp

6. Join Date
    May 2007
    as usual..those "Quezon City's finest (?!)" policemen were just hunting money for meryenda.

my uncle's friend has a Toyota Fortuner with a plate number that starts with "K" (no it's not a special plate) then the police pulled him over and asked for the registration papers and said that it was illegal and fake! my uncle's friend that time was in a hurry so he gave the "mamang pulis" what he wants. nothing else but a 200 peso bill.... huhhh.. darn cops

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    kawawa naman ang mga taong nakabili ng auto from visayas and mindanao na dinadala dito

8. Join Date
    May 2004
    Ang alam ko madalas nila sitahin yung mga imported cars na plate starting sa "Y"... I think hindi naman madalas sa mga Local na sasakyan...

9. Join Date
    May 2006
    AFAIK "Y" plates come from the following Region/City:

*Negros - Panay area - Ilo-ilo, Bacolod City, Bohol, Province of Cebu.
    *Northern Mindanao - Cagayan De Oro, Leyte, Zamboanga City, Dipolog City.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Y plate number comes from Cebu, whether imported or local unit.
    K is from Cagayan de Oro.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Plate starting in "Y" in Metro Manila