New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Hi! Yes, there are a lot of sites enumerating various traffic violations but there are still some of us who need a little enlightenment on some of these. I hope those who are in a position to contribute (lawyers, policemen, MMDA personnel etc), share their posts on this thread. For the sake of uniformity, can we please follow this format:

Common name of the Traffic Violation and/or(Official name of the Traffic Violation)- description; how it is committed; fine; other helpful information related to the violation

e.g.

SWERVING (Reckless Driving/Disregarding Traffic Signs)- according to my readings on this thread, swerving is defined as "shifting for 2 or more lanes very quickly. Swerving IS NOT a traffic violation. Moving one lane to the left or right is not swerving, no matter where on the road you do it. And it is even less of a violation when you do it with a signal. You cannot be officially charged with "Swerving" but of "Reckless Driving" if you do indeed commit the mistake. According to the LTO website (as of this posting date), the fine for first time violators of "Reckless Driving" is Php1000.

Other helpful information related to this:
    http://arnold.gamboa.ph/2007/11/swer...y-mmda-abuses/

Thanks! Happy Driving!

2. Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Sana may formatted version nito ready for printing para pwede dalhin sa car.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2009
    [SIZE=2]DRIVING WITH SUSPENDED OR REVOKED OR IMPROPER LICENSE - [/SIZE][SIZE=2]According to RA 4136:[/SIZE][SIZE=2]
    [/SIZE]
    [SIZE=2]Section 27. (a) The Commissioner may suspend for a period not exceeding three months or, after hearing, revoke any driver's license issued under the provisions of this Act, and may order any such license to be delivered to him whenever he has reason to believe that the holder thereof is an improper person to operate motor vehicles, or in operating or using a motor vehicle in, or as an accessory to, the commission of any crime or act which endangers the public. Any deputy of the Commissioner may, for the same cause, suspend for a period not exceeding three months any driver's license issued under the provisions of this Act: Provided, That such suspension may be appealed to the Commissioner who may, after reviewing the case, confirm, reverse or modify the action taken by such deputy.[/SIZE]

Section 29. Confiscation of driver's licenses. - Law enforcement and peace officers duly designated by the Commissioner shall, in apprehending any driver for violations of this Act or of any regulations issued pursuant thereto, or of local traffic rules and regulations, confiscate the license of the driver concerned and issue a receipt prescribed and issued by the Commission therefor which shall authorize the driver to operate a motor vehicle for a period not exceeding seventy-two hours from the time and date of issue of said receipt. The period so fixed in the receipt shall not be extended, and shall become invalid thereafter. Failure of the driver to settle his case within fifteen days from the date of apprehension will cause suspension and revocation of his license.

The point of this whole discussion is:
    1. If by chance, your license is confiscated by duly appointed authorities, you can still drive around for 72 hours but be sure to get your license back within that period of time
    2. If you don't get your license back within the specified time frame, your status will level up to "suspended"

4. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    yung kuya ko hinuli kase madumi daw ang kotse anak ng kuwago nagpatiket naman ang gago kong kapatid

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    ^^That's one of the must stupidest violations I have ever heard. No offense to your brother but I can't believe the intelligence of a human being could fall for such a cheap trick...

6. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by actor21 View Post
    yung kuya ko hinuli kase madumi daw ang kotse anak ng kuwago nagpatiket naman ang gago kong kapatid
    You mean this violation?

32. Dirty or unsightly or unsanitary MV 300.00
    http://www.lto.gov.ph/fines_and_pena...ml#v_others_TV

7. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Hehe, pagganun dapat hinuhili nila mga maduduming bus sa EDSA : easy money

8. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    last saturday, while we were in Subic. I was apprehended by local traffic guy for not stopping on the intersection. Sabi ko wala naman ako nakita na traffic red light para mag-stop ako. The traffic guy told me that there is a sign painted on the road na "STOP". Sa totoo lang hindi talaga makita yun because of the heavy rain. I told him that dayo lang ako and I am lost looking for a hotel. He checked my licence, educate me about the road sign and he show me the way to venezia hotel.
    yesterday morning, napansin ko nga na lahat ng sasakyan are stopping whenever na merong "STOP" sa daanan, kahit mapajeep or motor. kasehodang merong sasakyan o wala.
    Parang wala ata ako nakita sa Manila nun.

9. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Ang alam ko na violation regarding sa pagiging marumi ay kung yung plaka ay marumi.

10. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by underman View Post
    last saturday, while we were in Subic. I was apprehended by local traffic guy for not stopping on the intersection. Sabi ko wala naman ako nakita na traffic red light para mag-stop ako. The traffic guy told me that there is a sign painted on the road na "STOP". Sa totoo lang hindi talaga makita yun because of the heavy rain. I told him that dayo lang ako and I am lost looking for a hotel. He checked my licence, educate me about the road sign and he show me the way to venezia hotel.
    yesterday morning, napansin ko nga na lahat ng sasakyan are stopping whenever na merong "STOP" sa daanan, kahit mapajeep or motor. kasehodang merong sasakyan o wala.
    Parang wala ata ako nakita sa Manila nun.
    Actually, there are a number of STOP signs in Metro Manila intersections without traffic lights. Kaya lang, traditionally, it is ignored, kasi naman wala rin nag-eenforce.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
PHILIPPINE TRAFFIC VIOLATIONS DIRECTORY (compiled and explained)