New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2013
    PH traffic is ranked ninth-worst in the world | TopGear PH

Seeing the countries from 1-8, I think the list is ok... Kaya lang I would want to know if we're talking about "Philippine Traffic" or "Metro Manila"

Numbeo’s latest traffic index report covers 81 countries and takes into account several factors including “time consumed in traffic, estimation of time consumption dissatisfaction, CO2 consumption estimation in traffic, and overall inefficiencies in the traffic system.”
    1 Nigeria
    2 Sri Lanka
    3 Kenya
    4 Bangladesh
    5 Egypt
    6 Iran
    7 Peru
    8 India
    9 Philippines

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Dati notorious ang Bangkok. Dumami siguro expressways nila or nag improve ang mass transit or both.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by bxr monkey View Post
    Dati notorious ang Bangkok. Dumami siguro expressways nila or nag improve ang mass transit or both.
    pissed off kahapon si nebrija sa findings na iyan sa news kagabi. sablay daw iyong data na ginamit ng numbeo
    Last edited by baludoy; January 12th, 2021 at 04:22 PM.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    we're not bangkok. our problems are unique to us.
    so why do we compare ourselves against it?
    who was it who said, "do not compare ourselves against others, for there will always be someone better than us".

let's just hunker down and do what we can.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2015
    sus dati ko pa sinasabi ito. Just like sa pinaglalaban ko against diesel.

PUT A LIMIT SA MABEBENTA KOTSE MOTORCYCLE YEARLY.

Penalise mga traffic violator na hindi pwede bumili in the span of how many years kada violation.

Drivng is a priviledge. Nakakamatay ang pagamamneho sa taong hindi maayos or yung mga nagfeefeeling schumi.

But ang number1 eh limit ang bentahan. Hindi pwede road on top of each other kasi masagwa tingnan magmumukhang makati paranaque. Eh yung skyway sa araneta avenue napipikon na ako natakpan yung ulap. Sinira yung true qc ko.

Kaya nga way back ang angas ko pinagtatawanan ko city ni binay at ayala. Oh kita nyo ngayon covid sino high infectivity rate syempre kung sino pinakakulob na lugar overpopulated pa. Yung mga graduate ng top schools sa pinas hindi marunong ng city planning. Kwarta is the key sa kanila.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post

alas, it is not that easy.

with proper upkeep,
    it will take decades for a motor vehicle to become un-useable and thus retire from the road...

but if this buying limit were to come to being,
    i predict the price of used cars will go thru the roof... mebbe even more expensive than brand new cars...

also,
    if the lobbying power of the car manufacturers are as strong as i suspect,
    this will not come to pass.

but we can do an honest-to-goodness hatak of all illegally parked motor vehicles, with heavy fines. with the added bonus of outright confiscation after the third apprehension.

we can also enact laws stating that all constructions must include parking spaces for all users, costumers, and dwellers.
    we can even make the requirement radioactive.

last,
    the metro is heavily congested, because the citizen is given no compelling reason to leave the metro.
    but as only government can induce the impetus...
    Last edited by dr. d; January 13th, 2021 at 12:15 AM.

7. Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by kagalingan View Post
    sus dati ko pa sinasabi ito. Just like sa pinaglalaban ko against diesel.

Penalise mga traffic violator na hindi pwede bumili in the span of how many years kada violation.

Drivng is a priviledge. Nakakamatay ang pagamamneho sa taong hindi maayos or yung mga nagfeefeeling schumi.

But ang number1 eh limit ang bentahan. Hindi pwede road on top of each other kasi masagwa tingnan magmumukhang makati paranaque. Eh yung skyway sa araneta avenue napipikon na ako natakpan yung ulap. Sinira yung true qc ko.

Kaya nga way back ang angas ko pinagtatawanan ko city ni binay at ayala. Oh kita nyo ngayon covid sino high infectivity rate syempre kung sino pinakakulob na lugar overpopulated pa. Yung mga graduate ng top schools sa pinas hindi marunong ng city planning. Kwarta is the key sa kanila.
    “Low down payment”, “Low monthly installment”..... masyadong madali bumbling nang sasakyan ngayon. Pag nag sawa sa auto, ibebenta sa kaibigan ng “assume balance” na lang tapos kukuha ng bago.

8. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    I aint complaining about traffic. SS3 reduced edsa traffic by half.

Takes me 45 mins easy driving from basement of my office to the gate of my house. Used to be 1:45 to 2:30 before.

This will only get better with the lawton bridge to kapitolyo and the estrella makati bridge.

Sent from my SM-N975F using Tsikot Forums mobile app

9. Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Takes me 45 mins easy driving from basement of my office to the gate of my house. Used to be 1:45 to 2:30 before.

This will only get better with the lawton bridge to kapitolyo and the estrella makati bridge.

👊👊👊

Sent from my SM-A315G using Tsikot Forums mobile app

10. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by EQAddict View Post

Maraming salamat kay Ramon Ang.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
PH traffic is ranked 9th-worst in the world