New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    sa saudi, may guide po yan, sa sedan car ganito po yon pag parking ka sa right side of the street..

parking sa side street at meron ng naka properly parked car, used that properly park car as the guide.

align your car in parallel to "that" car in parallel in about a meter distance. This is your imaginary line, and it will be used later.

atras konti, with your rear tires aligned in perpendicular sa pinakadulo ng car nya. U may get off from your car and check the alignment, then get back to your seat and observe carefully where d window pillar is alligned to, this will be your gauge the next time around.

DO NOT move the car at this time, but make FULL turn to the right.

Turn your neck fully at the back, with your right hand holding the headrest of the passenger seat to be more comfortable, then slowly move the car back. Do not adjust the steering wheel.

With your front tire TOUCHING the imaginary made earlier, bring the car to FULL STOP/complete halt, turn the steering wheel in reverse full. slowly move the car back... and you're done..

pag na hit mo yong gutter, mali imaginary line or your car was moving while turning the steering wheel

2. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Here you go bro.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by OTEP View Post
    Parking in reverse is actually easier. Yan ang una kong natutunan. Kaya nahirapan ako dun sa mga 'park facing the wall' crap ng mga parking buildings.

And you have to learn how to do it because there are some rigs [e.g. large SUV's] wherein parking in reverse is the only practical way to park.
    hehehe!!! same thing with me... mas madali talaga pag reverse... minsan nakakalimutan ko na di na kelangan pero pa-reverse pa rin ako...

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    OTEP is correct, reverse way of parking is actually the easiest.

prysm_1: Funny as it may sound, that game I posted actually helped me a lot. Dati kasi mas gusto ko yung pa-abante na parking. Now i can parallel park an SUV in about 30secs to a minute. :D

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    practice makes perfect young paduan...

6. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsepower View Post
    Play this: It will give an idea how to parallel park in real life. hehe

http://www.ebaumsworld.com/pparkgame.html
    galing! nakaka-aliw!

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    practice lang po. at kung practice mo using side mirror mas mainam, ako i use side mirror, mas sanay ako kesa itungo ko ulo ko sa likod. pag talagang hindi pa sure, pede naman i-angat ang ulo para makita talaga ang side, then dahan-dahan lang po. at makukuha din.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by RedHorse View Post
    sa saudi, may guide po yan, sa sedan car ganito po yon pag parking ka sa right side of the street..

parking sa side street at meron ng naka properly parked car, used that properly park car as the guide.

align your car in parallel to "that" car in parallel in about a meter distance. This is your imaginary line, and it will be used later.

atras konti, with your rear tires aligned in perpendicular sa pinakadulo ng car nya. U may get off from your car and check the alignment, then get back to your seat and observe carefully where d window pillar is alligned to, this will be your gauge the next time around.

DO NOT move the car at this time, but make FULL turn to the right.

Turn your neck fully at the back, with your right hand holding the headrest of the passenger seat to be more comfortable, then slowly move the car back. Do not adjust the steering wheel.

With your front tire TOUCHING the imaginary made earlier, bring the car to FULL STOP/complete halt, turn the steering wheel in reverse full. slowly move the car back... and you're done..

pag na hit mo yong gutter, mali imaginary line or your car was moving while turning the steering wheel
    Hahaha! Ang galing niyan... Bilib na bilib ako sa Arabong nagde-demonstrate ng parking na iyan. Hindi lang siguro 4 o 5 beses niyang ipinakita. Swak na swak palagi ang kotse at perpekto ang parking. Isa kasi ito sa mga tests sa pagkuha ng lisensiya diyan sa Saudi.

Pero, noong ako na ang nag-park,- iyon pa ring dating diskarte ko. Pero, talagang epektibo ang style na nasabi ni RedHorse. Subukan ninyo,- ayos talaga.

:starwars:

9. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    I agree. Reverse parking is easier - whether parallel, diagonal or perpendicular.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    Trust your instinct. Feel the force....:starwars:
    Teka, pagnaramdaman mo yung force, tumama ka na ah...

*Prysm: practice, practice, practice. Use the all too familiar practice markers, use old trash cans boxes, etc that you can position to simulate parked cars and practice there. A good convex rearview mirror helps, AND make sure you also turn around and look back. Do not rely on the mirrors alone. Actually I take it back, do not use your mirrors at all unless blind spot like kung malapit na sa kurba o hindi, etc.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
pag park ng reverse :)