New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Hi all,
    I have a 2008 camry with the old plate. I would like to change it to the new white one. Does anyone know the procedure, time and cost it will take to get this done? Thanks

2. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    ^ you can check its availability at the LTO website.

Take note though, you're Unfortunately at the mercy of the LTO for its obtainability. The good news is that the supreme court has ordered the release of the steel license plates w/c were caught up in the judicial & gov't bureaucracy. In turn, the LTO has ramped up their license plates production of late in an attempt to narrow the gap of its gigantic backlog.

If your vehicle has been judiciously registered annually, the new plates you desire have already been paid for. So it's just a waiting game for everyone at this point.

do what you gotta do so you can do what you wanna do
    Last edited by baludoy; September 29th, 2018 at 07:22 PM.

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i have been waiting for my new plates, to replace my old plates, since the start.

while it may be true that the court has decided into allowing the plates in the pier to be released, i have yet to see it into fruition. last time i asked my lto branch last month, "wala pa".

my suggestion to TS, is to just wait. dadating din yan.

and yes. as baludoy says, bayad na yan.

4. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    you should have paid for the new plates when you renewed your registration nung 2013 or 2014..

my old car 2007 model got its new white plates last June 2015..

Quote Originally Posted by szekan View Post
    Hi all,
    I have a 2008 camry with the old plate. I would like to change it to the new white one. Does anyone know the procedure, time and cost it will take to get this done? Thanks