New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Is there a violation if your're going to remove the H from the plate of an ex taxi vehicle? sounds funny but i'm uneasy on the "H" thing! thanks a lot!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by j3plan3 View Post
    Is there a violation if your're going to remove the H from the plate of an ex taxi vehicle? sounds funny but i'm uneasy on the "H" thing! thanks a lot!
    Why buy an ex-taxi vehicle when you can buy private cars?

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    yes that would be a violation. the "H" signify that the car used to be a taxi.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Darn.. Thanks guys! Last resort "Vanity Plates" LOL! Does anyone know how much does it cost? And when and where to get it?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by archie123456789 View Post
    yes that would be a violation. the "H" signify that the car used to be a taxi.
    Sir tell me what are your basis on that?
    By basis, I mean evidence(papers/laws) or the base of your argument.

Because I do not see any reason why that "H" should not be removed if it will be a private car.. Its illogical.

Darn.. Thanks guys! Last resort "Vanity Plates" LOL! Does anyone know how much does it cost? And when and where to get it?
    I suggest you search the LTO website or contact them. Their website is www.lto.gov.ph
    They usually have those prices in their datas, as well as some of car and traffic information you need to know..

6. Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Thanks so much guys especially to Maxj.

I also asked about this one from LTO officials of Tambo.
    I was told that I can repaint it and hammer the embossed "H".
    When re-painting make sure that you'll going to paint it the way the plate is registered. Yellow background and Black font for "For Hire" vehicles, white BG and green font for "Private". JUST DON'T PUT DESIGNS ON IT! and also remember not to cover the registration stix!

Thanks!

7. Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Thanks so much guys especially to Maxj.

I also asked about this one from LTO officials of Tambo.
    I was told that I can repaint it and hammer the embossed "H".
    When re-painting make sure that you'll going to paint it the way the plate is registered. Yellow background and Black font for "For Hire" vehicles, white BG and green font for "Private". JUST DON'T PUT DESIGNS ON IT! and also remember not to cover the registration stix!

Thanks!
    Awww you're welcome =]

Convert ex taxi to private