New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Greetings to all!
    I would greatly appreciate any information on how to get a one day number-coding exemption. My vehicle plate ends in 0 and I thus cannot drive on Fridays. My son has his first annual day function in school on the 26th(this coming Friday) and I want to take a camera unit to film it. I live in Malate(Roxas Blvd, cor Quirino Avenue) and I need to pick up the gear from Makati after which I have to head to his school, which is also on Roxas Blvd, Paranaque(near Coastal Mall). I have come to know of the possibility of getting a one day exemption in advance, from the MMDA website but it doesn't mention anything about how to go about it or where to go to? Thus, I will be extremely grateful if anyone can help me out with this.
    Many thanks and best wishes.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    You mentioned that you are going to Makati, AFAIK even if you get an exemption pass from the MMDA you will still be apprehended in Makati because Makati does not honor any exemption pass whatsoever.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2006
    mag taxi ka na lang sir. para less hassle in your part.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by ronw123w124 View Post
    You mentioned that you are going to Makati, AFAIK even if you get an exemption pass from the MMDA you will still be apprehended in Makati because Makati does not honor any exemption pass whatsoever.
    yup. +1 on this. Makati does not honor excemptions even from MMDA. magkagalit si Bayani tsaka si Binay eh.

makati has its own set of traffic rules which are sometimes not found on other cities and municipalities within metro manila.

tama sila, mag taxi ka na lang bro.... less hassle pa.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Thank you all very much for your replies - much appreciated. Think I'll just take a taxi and avoid all the hassle.
    Many thanks once again and best wishes...

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    or you can get the gears 1 day (thursday) in advance instead? so on the day itself you'll just go directly to your child's school...

Number coding exemption???