New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    To further relieve the streets within the Alabang area, a barangay ordinance was recently passed ordering a number coding on the always-busy Commerce Ave.

As announced on Facebook by Barangay Ayala Alabang captain Ruben Baes, the implementation of the Unified Vehicle Volume Reduction System will start on a trial basis within the week.

In his post, Baes mentioned that this will be implemented from 3pm to 9pm for all types of vehicles including trucks and motorcycles and only on weekdays.

“Exempted are vehicles of Ayala Alabang Village, emergency, government, school buses, public utility vehicles operating inside the village and those delivering perishable goods,” noted Baes.

Barangay Ayala Alabang jurisdiction is from the barangay marker near Filinest all the way to Daang Hari (which is also already part of Las Pinas).

Violators will need to pay a fine of P300.

Baes, in the comments section of his post, reiterated that this will just be on a trial basis first and they would be doing adjustments or can completely shut down the idea if it does not work.

Let us all stay tuned.
    Number coding in Commerce Ave. in Alabang to be implemented on a trial basis – Alabang Bulletin

somethings cooking since Dec 21, 2016... imbes na mag expand, lets reduce...

ok sana ang coding kung, bawasan muna natin kase may construction to expand para mabilis matapos...

nakaka lungkot... tapos excempted ang ayala alabang village

2. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    this is it pansit, this is already part of muntinlupa, and is completely unfair!!! well life has been unfair ever since...

the already rich village would like to earn more money, rather than expanding the road...

CONFIRMED: Experimental Number Coding along Commerce Ave. to begin soon

We received several messages from our dear readers (thank you guys for the heads up!) asking us if it was true that Number Coding along Commerce Ave. would indeed begin on February 15, 2017 as seen on flyers online and flyers being given out to some residents of Ayala Alabang Village.

CONFIRMED: Experimental Number Coding along Commerce Ave. to begin soon – Alabang Bulletin

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    two sides of the story. I grew up in AAV, but now live somewhere in Las Pinas.

a. Commerce Avenue was originally intended as a private road wherein people from AAV can access going to ATC. Unfortunately, the expansion of the Madrigal Business Park, the ATC and the Filinvest area, it cannot just be said that its a private road.

b. The problem with the coding is that it can only be enforced within the barangay ayala alabang area, which starts from around Hyundai/Total area to Acacia Avenue. Vehicles will now be forced to take Alabang Zapote Road for this, which will result in a huge jam starting from the Cinema Street area (Makati Supermarket), to Acacia Avenue. However, may coding din sa Alabang Zapote road, which is a Muntinlupa controlled road.

c. I think that the best way to go thru this from the north is to take MCX - Daang Hari Route. However, since more vehicles could be using this road because of this scheme, baka maging congested na din.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    and oh. exempted pala taga AAV. hehehehe. good thing my stickers are still updated.
    thanks ma..... hehehehehe.

5. Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    and oh. exempted pala taga AAV. hehehehe. good thing my stickers are still updated.
    Hahaha! Ayos bro.... ahemm ahemm

Drivers should just take the MCX... It is just a few extra pesos on your coding day

6. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    yep, excempted ang AAV stickers...

so why are they doing this? kase di maka labas/pasok ang AAV sa village nila?

then open up more gates in other areas!

unsecured daw pag nag open pa ng iba gates, then use CCTV and RFID combo

i want total abolishment of CODING!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    gawan na kasi ng muntinlupa local gov't ng elevated walkways ala makati business district. just connect those offices to the malls and vice versa and you'll get more people moving on foot, not on wheels. surely even those from aav, pacific village, alabang heights, san jose village, etc matututo din maglakad. hehe
    Last edited by baludoy; January 27th, 2017 at 10:51 PM.

8. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    yep, excempted ang AAV stickers...

so why are they doing this? kase di maka labas/pasok ang AAV sa village nila?

then open up more gates in other areas!

unsecured daw pag nag open pa ng iba gates, then use CCTV and RFID combo

i want total abolishment of CODING!
    Commerce Avenue is maintained by AAV. so association dues that go with the residents are also used to maintain this road.
    the have opened up the daang hari gate via woodrose school. they have tried to open a gate connecting the filinvest area to the san juanico area, but hindi sila pinayagan ng MDC (Makati Development Corporation), which is the original developer ng AAV. alam ko may TRO pa sa korte yan.
    tama si CVT, use the MCX. mas maginhawa. I myself have been using it to avoid the Commerce Avenue gridlock.

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Commerce Avenue is maintained by AAV. so association dues that go with the residents are also used to maintain this road.
    the have opened up the daang hari gate via woodrose school. they have tried to open a gate connecting the filinvest area to the san juanico area, but hindi sila pinayagan ng MDC (Makati Development Corporation), which is the original developer ng AAV. alam ko may TRO pa sa korte yan.
    tama si CVT, use the MCX. mas maginhawa. I myself have been using it to avoid the Commerce Avenue gridlock.
    Sakto bro.

And still, I do not understand people punishing themselves in a nerve-wracking frenzy of stop and go Commerce Ave traffic,- when they can just use MCX nice and easy (not free) for only P17[?]. I'd say, over 90% of vehicles at Commerce Ave westbound turn-left going to Daang-Hari anyway...... Bakit?

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

31.7K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

10. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Implemented na ba ito mga sir? or trial pa lang din?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Number coding in Commerce Ave. in Alabang to be implemented on a trial basis