New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 186 of 257 FirstFirst ... 86136176182183184185186187188189190196236 ... LastLast
Results 1,851 to 1,860 of 2562
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As per update before ABC 1234 configuration is not yet supported by the LTO SMS Service, up to now it is still only suited for ABC 123 configuration of the old plates which is funny in it's own twisted way of how the government is implementing these things haphazardly and not properly thought out and streamlined.

I believe it is somewhat connected with the LTO Stradcom case which is why the new plates are manually written on the OR CR as the computer doesn't recognize it as they are using an old system without a new IT support company in play. They procurement of services needs to be bidded out but Stradcom used to have sole monopoly before. So that basically screwed the IT side of things of the LTO as far as I know.
    Salamat, sir. naintindihan ko na kung bakit hindi na-print ang plate number sa OR at CR at kung bakit invalid plate number din ang response ng LTO SMS. Thank you, thank you.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    [

As per update before ABC 1234 configuration is not yet supported by the LTO SMS Service, up to now it is still only suited for ABC 123 configuration of the old plates which is funny in it's own twisted way of how the government is implementing these things haphazardly and not properly thought out and streamlined.

I believe it is somewhat connected with the LTO Stradcom case which is why the new plates are manually written on the OR CR as the computer doesn't recognize it as they are using an old system without a new IT support company in play. They procurement of services needs to be bidded out but Stradcom used to have sole monopoly before. So that basically screwed the IT side of things of the LTO as far as I know.[/QUOTE]

so stradcom used to run everything before? so now that stradcom is out, our LTO is re-learning how to run itself..?

3. Join Date
    May 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    [

I believe it is somewhat connected with the LTO Stradcom case which is why the new plates are manually written on the OR CR as the computer doesn't recognize it as they are using an old system without a new IT support company in play. They procurement of services needs to be bidded out but Stradcom used to have sole monopoly before. So that basically screwed the IT side of things of the LTO as far as I know.

so stradcom used to run everything before? so now that stradcom is out, our LTO is re-learning how to run itself..?[/QUOTE]

From what I understood is that Stradcom was the IT Service company who handled updating the IT System and making sure it was always up and running. With them out of the picture and no new company yet being awarded. The most recent article is back in June 2014 that says only 2 companies have qualified to bid for IT Services of LTO, but no awarding has been done til now.
    Only 2 bidders qualify for LTO-IT project | ABS-CBN News

Because of that, I know there was news that LTO was manually encoding all ABC 1234 new plates since no one can/knows how to update IT system to accomodate such a change in the unique plate ID basically.
    High-tech license plates, low-tech LTO | Motioncars

I doubt they are able to change the IT system by themselves in terms of coding and reprogramming the whole system.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    My brother still has no plate for his Hilux. He bought it cash 1.5 years ago. It has been registered but no plate has been issued. It was sold and registered by Toyota in Santiago, Isabela.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by SkywalkerDN View Post
    Finally may copy na ako ng transmittal. Mar 31 lumabas sasakyan ko then Apr 13 yung date ng transmittal ko. Kung totoong 7 working days ang sinasabi ng LTO dapat my plate na ako by Tue, Apr 21. Update ko ulit kayo guys. 👍
    Mga boss, update lang ulit. Exactly 7 working days lumabas yung plate ko. It only shows na si dealer talaga and nagpadelay sa case ko kasi Mar 31 lumabas unit ko pero Apr 13 lang natransmit sa LTO e.

Finally makakatakbo na din oto ko. Hehehe.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    Because of that, I know there was news that LTO was manually encoding all ABC 1234 new plates since no one can/knows how to update IT system to accomodate such a change in the unique plate ID basically.
    High-tech license plates, low-tech LTO | Motioncars

I doubt they are able to change the IT system by themselves in terms of coding and reprogramming the whole system.
    Trying to stuff a 7 character value into a 6 character max length column should be fun BTW are the blue plates unique?

7. Join Date
    Dec 2005

E kung ni-retain nila ang 6 characters, pero alphanumeric,- e di swak sa limitation ng kanilang 6-characters na plate numbers sa kanilang system.

And they gain 36^6 - 26^3*10^3 = 2,159,206,336 new plates.

Compared to 26^3*10^4 - 26^3*10^3 = 158,184,000 new plates in the current scheme...

Di ba mas marami iyong una?

Unless,- legislated iyong plate format at kailangan pang ubusin ang pondo ng tao para pagdebatehan sa kongreso/senado

Pasintabi sa mga Hepe ng mga departamento sa gobyerno natin,- gamitan ninyo naman kahit minsan ng praktikalidad at math. Please lang!

"The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

26.2K _/_/_/_/_/:shower:_/_/_/_/_/

8. Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post
    [COLOR="#008080"]
    E kung ni-retain nila ang 6 characters, pero alphanumeric,- e di swak sa limitation ng kanilang 6-characters na plate numbers sa kanilang system.

And they gain 36^6 - 26^3*10^3 = 2,159,206,336 new plates.

Compared to 26^3*10^4 - 26^3*10^3 = 158,184,000 new plates in the current scheme...

Di ba mas marami iyong una?

Unless,- legislated iyong plate format at kailangan pang ubusin ang pondo ng tao para pagdebatehan sa kongreso/senado

Pasintabi sa mga Hepe ng mga departamento sa gobyerno natin,- gamitan ninyo naman kahit minsan ng praktikalidad at math. Please lang!
    Magaling sila brod sa math.
    TAXES - KURAKOT = latak para sa mamamayan!

9. Join Date
    Mar 2011
    tumawag na sa akin kanina ung agent ko
    nasa dealer na plaka,pwede ko na kunin bukas

nakuha ko sasakyan feb 25 halos 2 months din pag aantay

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnM View Post
    Trying to stuff a 7 character value into a 6 character max length column should be fun BTW are the blue plates unique?
    Mag imbento sila ng 6 character hash code para magkasya. :D