New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 148 of 257 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198248 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,480 of 2562
  1. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by Cons29 View Post
    Pa update nama po if may mga bantay sa kalye, kinukulit ko na din Dealer ko, nag email na din sa lto.
    Pa post naman po kung may makita kayo, salamat
    this morning, no lto personnel from nlex to bulacan to nueva ecija.

2. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    In time, gagawin na rin siguro itong marketing strategy ng dealers. Pababaan ng time to get the plates. Or better yet, available na sya agad once you claim the vehicle. But then again, it will depend on how strict and consistent the implementation will be.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by ice_913 View Post
    this morning, no lto personnel from nlex to bulacan to nueva ecija.
    Nice, pa Nueva Ecija din ako. Sana palabas ng Metro wala ako makita.
    Last time was EDSA no? Mag smart na lang siguro ako

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    I would not risk it anymore. My SA told me they are serious about the fine.

5. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Is LTO’s ‘no plate, no travel’ rule unconstitutional? | Inquirer Opinion

METRO MANILA Development Authority Chair Francis Tolentino grabbed headlines last Maundy Thursday when he criticized the Land Transportation Office’s “no plate, no travel” policy as “unconstitutional” (and “un-Christian,” as it was implemented right before Easter weekend). The LTO allegedly prevented innocent citizens from using cars by requiring them to have car plates the LTO never released.

The term “unconstitutional” gravely accuses the LTO of human rights violations. Tolentino told the Inquirer, “It is stated in the Constitution that no person shall be deprived of life, liberty or property without due process of law.” “Due process” traditionally refers to a right to be heard pursuant to an appropriate procedure. Before a utility rate is increased, a hearing open to the public is required. Before a suspect is sentenced, he must receive a fair trial under strict constitutional safeguards.

Tolentino could not mean this, however, because the law requiring cars to be registered has long been passed. In other words, the appropriate procedure was long completed.

Modern “due process,” however, goes beyond procedure. It posits that there must additionally be inherent limits to how government may restrict life, liberty or property. Under the traditional sense, government might pass absurd rules so long as procedures were followed, such as an arbitrary rule prohibiting one from driving a car unless one is wearing a black shirt. Under the modern sense, however, there is a limit to what rules a government can impose and these cannot be justified merely by following the right procedure to impose these. Thus, the LTO cannot prevent citizens from using their cars if the LTO imposes an impossible registration requirement, because it would be confiscatory.

I previously wrote about modern due process (called “substantive due process”) in the context of Mandaluyong City’s motorcycle riding-tandem ban (“Riding tandem as legal right,” 10/14/14). Because one’s right to use property includes being able to take a passenger on one’s motorcycle, it is confiscatory to impose a broad riding tandem ban. To cite another example, recall how Progun criticized new gun licensing requirements as impossible to comply with, effectively banning guns. Progun president Ernesto Tabujara argued that licenses were processed only in Camp Crame in Quezon City, making it difficult for gun owners outside Metro Manila to apply, and additional ballistic tests were required in Camp Crame but no permits to transport guns there were issued.

The Supreme Court has consistently upheld this right against arbitrary and confiscatory rules. Most prominently, a series of cases documented former Manila mayor Alfredo Lim’s fight against motels. For example, the Court struck down a Manila ordinance prohibiting motels from charging “short time” rates, as motel owners have inherent discretion in how to run their businesses.

Unfortunately, Tolentino’s invocation of unconstitutionality did not add any urgency, and I remain frustrated with how Filipinos refuse to think in terms of rights. Angry reactions to the LTO policy revolved around complaints of eternal delays and bad timing. No one echoed that the government cannot have the power to restrain the use of legitimate property such as cars, and especially not during Easter weekend when thousands return to their provinces.

Similarly, vacationing overseas Filipino workers revived complaints against endless queues for useless Philippine Overseas Employment Administration clearances, without which they cannot return abroad to work. They cite inconvenience and inutility, but not unconstitutionality because the government cannot have such broad power to restrict OFWs’ right to travel (“Second-class citizens,” 1/1/12). Our capacity for debating intrusive policies is so lamentably infantile because we shy from the vocabulary of rights.

The LTO chief, lawyer Alfonso “Aljun” Tan, did call me over the weekend to reiterate the LTO’s press releases. LTO Circular No. AVT-2015-1927, dated March 20 and entitled “No registration-No travel,” did provide that beginning April 1, cars without plates but with an official receipt and certificate of registration would still be fined P5,000 for failure to attach the plates. Aljun’s premise, however, is that the LTO has solved the longstanding delays such that no OR/CR should be released unaccompanied by plates. In support, Transportation Secretary Jun Abaya released on March 31 the list of all plates that had been issued to Metro Manila car dealers (available at Official Gazette of the Republic of the Philippines | National Government Portal – Edited at the Office of the President of the Philippines Under Commonwealth Act No. 638).

Aljun reiterated that a new car owner needs four documents: LTO certificate of stock reported (CSR, tracing the car’s import or manufacture), police clearance (that the car was not stolen), sales invoice and insurance certificate. He acknowledges that there are possible delays, such as an importer selling a car before obtaining a CSR because of delays in confirming payment with customs, dealers not obtaining police clearances ahead of sales, and dealers outsourcing registration to agents and encountering delays in these agents’ turnover of plates. However, these delays are no longer the LTO’s; and the agency worked to reduce the CSR issuance to 1-3 days. He challenges prospective buyers to check if a car’s CSR and

police clearance are ready upon sale, and, if apprehended to contest this and report their cars’ plates as still with the dealer or the LTO.

Although the LTO underestimated the confusion caused by its Holy Week announcements and might be cavalier in asking motorists to just contest violations, perhaps the cry of human rights crisis was made too hastily this time.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    So i just texted my agent to ask if my plate was already there. ito ang reply niya, "Sir wala po talaga ako magagawa d best po talaga kau na dumiretso sa lto ganun po ang ginagawa ng ibang client. ang dapat po tinatawagan mo lto po not me sir. dun kse follow up. hindi po sakn sir sorry but its true."

Kung hindi ka ba naman maiinis na yan ang sagot! Nasaan na ang customer care???

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

So i just texted my agent to ask if my plate was already there. ito ang reply niya, "Sir wala po talaga ako magagawa d best po talaga kau na dumiretso sa lto ganun po ang ginagawa ng ibang client. ang dapat po tinatawagan mo lto po not me sir. dun kse follow up. hindi po sakn sir sorry but its true."

Kung hindi ka ba naman maiinis na yan ang sagot! Nasaan na ang customer care???

7. Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Yung mga SA, pag bibili ka pa lang, parang naliligaw, ibibigay lahat bumili ka lang Lol.
    Pag naka bili ka na, wala na

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014
    Yung mga SA, pag bibili ka pa lang, parang naliligaw, ibibigay lahat bumili ka lang Lol.
    Tama ka dyan! Hindi man lang siya ang magfollow up. ang NAKAKATAWA pa dito, may lto mismo sa cubao branch where i bought my car. EH KUNG GAMITIN NIYA KAYA ANG PAA NIYA AT MAGLAKAD LANG NG KONTING STEPS TO ASK.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

Tama ka dyan! Hindi man lang siya ang magfollow up. ang NAKAKATAWA pa dito, may lto mismo sa cubao branch where i bought my car. EH KUNG GAMITIN NIYA KAYA ANG PAA NIYA AT MAGLAKAD LANG NG KONTING STEPS TO ASK.

9. Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Iba rin date ng csr ko with the invoice. Nauna ng 7 days yung invoice. Benta muna syempre. Pero hangang ngayn wala pa ko any docs like or cr.. maski transmittal nga wala. Nung pumunta ko lto nung april 1 no record daw. Peste talaga ano kaya hinihintay nila bago ipasok ang application sa lto.

10. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    That's why i always deal with female SA particularly those na mga naghahabol ng quota. Sometimes kahit naka bili kana, ibinibigay pa rin ang lahat.