New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Mga sir gud am po, may susunduin po sana ako sa airport this coming Friday kaya lang yung sasakyan ko wala pang plaka hindi pa na release kabibili ku lang nung July 5,2008. May nabasa po akong thread dito regarding sa walang plate na nakakatravel sa Manila but they have the delivery receipt. Yung delivery receipt ok lang po ba na xeox copy or fax copy just in case ma sita ng traffic enforcer? thanks po

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    afaik, yung delivery receipt is only valid for a week. the dealer should have given you at least multiple delivery receipts each week na they assume na wala pa yung plate number mo.

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    You can drive your new car BUT you must have the delivery invoice and insurance which states it was delivered less than 1 week ago. (Example, today is Aug 13 so if your vehicle was asked to show the papers, it should have Aug 7 or newer).

Dealers typically give you 3 to 4 copies of the delivery invoice with different dates on them so you can drive your new car even without plates. If they haven't given you such copies, try giving them a call and request it from them.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I have a friend who told me that it's strict in Pasay and Makati when it comes to that policy. I also read in a thread here that MAPSA/TMG already know that tactic wherein the dealer will give multiple receipts. At times they will look in your odometer. I haven't tried being flagged down by cops but I tried being followed by a cop car for like a kilometer with their blinkers on. I don't know what the reason was but as soon as I passed in front of them, they followed me. To think that my speed was 40kph and there were no other cars on my sides and the road was so wide. I wasn't that scared since it has been only 5 days and my OR was still within the 1 week period and my tint is not that dark so they could easily see the person inside. That was the reason why, not even once, I didn't bring my new vehicle in Pasay and Makati. I didn't want to face any inconvenience because of that policy. Good thing it only took 9 days, including weekends, when my plates arrive.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    When I didn't have plates yet, I always brought the original OR, DR and the certification that Isuzu gave me. It was so inconvenient since I couldn't leave those papers inside the car for safety reasons. The reason why I didn't bring photocopied was just in case a police flags me down, I could confidently show him that my papers are all original.

6. Join Date
    May 2008
    When I got my new car last April, it took me a month before getting my plate number and mind you, I drive to Makati to work daily. What I did was to always ensure that the DR I have in my car fits that week and nothing else (I don't bring the other copies). I also adjust my odo reading by resetting it weekly sa Trip A (para mukhang bago) and yun yung default view sa kotse.

I actually got caught pero not in Makati - sa Robinson's Galleria area on my way to work. Nagwork naman ang ginawa ko at ni-remind lang ako na i-follow-up yung plate.

Ang weird naman kasi ng ruling na yan. They only allow you a week bago ka hindi makapag-maneho ng walang plaka when in reality, getting a plate number usually takes 3-4 weeks. Lumalabas tuloy yung pagka-"creative" natin.

7. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by wahaha318 View Post
    Ang weird naman kasi ng ruling na yan. They only allow you a week bago ka hindi makapag-maneho ng walang plaka when in reality, getting a plate number usually takes 3-4 weeks. Lumalabas tuloy yung pagka-"creative" natin.
    I couldn't agree more, sir. That's why I am so thankful with my dealer that it didn't take more than a week for my plates to arrive and that I didn't need to go or ask my agent to give me multiple receipts. They know the reality that not all dealers could release plates within a week. What is worst is if you're pulled over by those crocs, like the one that I read in a thread similar to this topic. Either you bribe the croc or just give your license. It's like charging you with a "possession of a brand new car."

They should think of something else other than this policy especially that they could clearly see that the car is brand new. Or, if ever they flag you, as long as you have papers to show, they would let you go regardless of the date so that you don't have go to your dealer every week just to get a receipt with a different date. It's so inconvenient!

8. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    In addition to that, to make matters worst, they will pull you over for not having plates at the same time they will also pull you over if the ending of your conduction sticker is the number coding on that day. I believe this is applied too in Makati and Pasay.

9. Join Date
    May 2008
    I got my plates exactly one month after my car was delivered. I used it for one week and kept it in my garage afterwards until my plate number arrived. I followed-up from my dealer every now and then and their reason for the lengthy processing was the release of stock certificate from customs. For those vehicles with quick release of plates, maybe, stock certificates were already available when the unit was chosen by the buyer. For the new arrivals, those are the ones which take 3 to 4 weeks to process.

Taxpayers (mahal ng tax ng sasakyan dito ha?) are apprehended for "possesion of brand new car". hahaha... funny...

Deficiency of one government agency is a source of income for another. Only in the Philippines.

10. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Agree here. Call the Branch Manager and demand for multiple delivery receipts from them. They cannot deliver the car plate number to you, they provide you with these DRs...

6808:frenchyf1:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
No plate no.