New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2017
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I'm not really sure where it should be.

So while browsing Carmudi for secondhand cars since I'm looking for our first family car, I stumbled upon this vehicle with a relatively low price. And while reading its details, it indicated "NO HPG CLEARANCE/CARNAP ALARM".

I was dumbfounded, this couldn't be a scam, if it was, they wouldn't have mentioned that. So I check the seller, which apparently was a dealer. So I searched for their website if they had any, and they did. And apparently, they are the used property sales department of a certain bank. Even their contact email is in the bank's domain.

So out of curiosity, I emailed them. I might have just misunderstood that detail. They replied and confirmed that the said vehicle was stolen and that

"t was stolen, yes.
    The HPG brought the unit back to the bank."

So now, I am very confused to say the least. If it was a stolen vehicle, why are they still putting it up for sale?

Am I missing something here, is there a way to legitimately get an HPG Clearance for this? Or is this just their way of selling this car to uninformed buyers?

2. Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by jokwa114 View Post
    I'm sorry if this is in the wrong thread, but I'm not really sure where it should be.

So while browsing Carmudi for secondhand cars since I'm looking for our first family car, I stumbled upon this vehicle with a relatively low price. And while reading its details, it indicated "NO HPG CLEARANCE/CARNAP ALARM".

I was dumbfounded, this couldn't be a scam, if it was, they wouldn't have mentioned that. So I check the seller, which apparently was a dealer. So I searched for their website if they had any, and they did. And apparently, they are the used property sales department of a certain bank. Even their contact email is in the bank's domain.

So out of curiosity, I emailed them. I might have just misunderstood that detail. They replied and confirmed that the said vehicle was stolen and that

"t was stolen, yes.

So now, I am very confused to say the least. If it was a stolen vehicle, why are they still putting it up for sale?

Am I missing something here, is there a way to legitimately get an HPG Clearance for this? Or is this just their way of selling this car to uninformed buyers?
    Baka nabayaran ng insurance na yung owner. Pero advise ko na stay away from the unit na lang. Hanap ng iba

Sent from my SM-J730G using Tapatalk

3. Join Date
    Mar 2008

"t was stolen, yes.

is it possible, that the legitimate owner had already been compensated by the insurance company, and thus is giving up ownership of that car, in favor of the insurance or mortgage-holder-the-bank?

4. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    hanap na lang ng iba. maaaring wala naman kaso pag binili mo yan, pero kada may kakatok sa bintana mo or paparahin ka ng pulis kinakabahan ka naman.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2012
    The dealer was honest in declaring that...

Ang ibig sabihin nyan, buy at your own risk kaya sobrang mura hehe.

Pero I would not recommend getting that that unit.

Sent from my ASUS ZenFone 4 using Tapatalk

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    mamaya naka alarma yan biglang ratratin ka na lang..

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    for parts out na lang yan pag ganyan. you can't even register it without hpg clearance.

8. Join Date
    Aug 2017

"t was stolen, yes.

When in doudoubt, OUT.

Don't risk it

9. Join Date
    May 2014
    "NO HPG CLEARANCE/CARNAP ALARM".

ang pagkaintindi ko, there is NO CARNAP ALARM
    di ba pwede naman itanong ito sa HPG if cleared na ang kotse?

10. Join Date
    Mar 2004
    There are many vehicles for sale with clear records ... why bother even considering one with potential document problems? ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
No HPG Clearance/Carnap Alarm, but bank is selling it