New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    Pano na lang yung mga jeep at tricycle? Welga uli yan.

Election season, i doubt may pulitiko na sasawsaw dyan.
    there are too many of them tricycles and jeepneys, in my part of the planet.
    i would gladly see a number of them, turned into soda pop bottle caps.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Dapat no parking on all streets, Day and night... Kahit side streets pa yan... Park only at parking spaces... All vehicles should be towed away..

3. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i bought a second car, because of the coding law. (we have big garage, btw.)
    i will gladly get rid of it, if the coding law were scrapped.
    Yang coding na yan ang isa sa mga factor kung bakit mas dumami ang sasakyan, nagkaroon tuloy bigla ng sinasabing "coding car" neybor ko na-obliga bumili ng 2nd hand car ulit para sa coding😄

4. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Re: pagta-trapik/pagdami ng sasakyan, in the end efficient, safe and comfortable public transpo pa rin ang sagot sa lahat ng to.

5. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    Re: pagta-trapik/pagdami ng sasakyan, in the end efficient, safe and comfortable public transpo pa rin ang sagot sa lahat ng to.
    is it true, that there are only 7 MRT trains running?
    if so, who allowed things to deteriorate? and why are they not in jail?

6. Join Date
    Aug 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    is it true, that there are only 7 MRT trains running?
    if so, who allowed things to deteriorate? and why are they not in jail?
    i dunno really. i used to take MRT from cubao to buendia. grabe ang sikip pag rush hour. i think kung gov't owned ang busses, drivers are salaried instead of commission based, fixed routes and schedules, malaki i-improve ng metro-manila.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Quote Originally Posted by unmarked View Post
    i dunno really. i used to take MRT from cubao to buendia. grabe ang sikip pag rush hour. i think kung gov't owned ang busses, drivers are salaried instead of commission based, fixed routes and schedules, malaki i-improve ng metro-manila.
    Kaya maraming pinoy e pangarap magka sasakyan kasi hindi sila masaya sa public transpo.. Yung tipong naka upo ka sa jeep na kalahati lang ng puwit mo naka upo. Mainit sa loob ng jeep kasi umuulan at naka sara lahat ng bintana. Then need mo mag taxi pero ayaw kang e sakay. Etc..

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    May RA 4136 na, di nila maimplement tapos mag iimpose sila nito at di rin naman ma implement.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Previous posts are right: if public transpo is efficient, comfortable, and safe, hindi papangarapin ng ordinary commuter bumili ng tsikot. But the solution must be 2-pronged: upgrade public transpo conditions (including infra), AND restrict car ownership.

I'm reminded of the boiling frog syndrome, pag binigla ang restrictions maraming magrereklamo. So I think it would be better to phase-in gradual restrictions over a 5 year period.

- No garage, no car - would apply to new vehicles immediately, applicable only to cities and 1st class towns. If you live in the city and can afford a car, most likely you can also afford a parking space. If bank loans require buyers to have compre insurance throughout the duration of the loan, they can also require proof of garage. You would not want to buy a grand piano and place it on the sidewalk with a cover simply because you have no space, would you? If you don't want to spend for parking, move to a rural area where you can park under a mango tree.

- 2nd hand vehicles - since the proof of garage requirement will in all likelihood circumvented by "wais" pinoys, restrictions on 2nd hand vehicles would be in the form of gradually increasing registration fees. Maybe 15-20 year old cars = x1.5 fees, 20+ yrs = x2 in reg fees.

- PUVs - higher mileage, with surplus engines to begin with, so the threshold should be lower. 10-15 yrs old PUVs should add an "age premium" to their registration fees. 15 yr old above should be phased-out and sent to automobile museums.

- No parking on major roads and narrow minor roads - each barangay should convert vacant, unused lots (leased from the lot owner) to parking areas with monthly or annual lease agreements to those who have no garage.

I'm sure everyone can add more suggestions, the question is who has the political will to implement these?

10. Join Date
    Sep 2013
    +101 tayo sa house bill 5098 pati na rin dapat no parking on all major & side streets. lahat ng pasaway i-tow yan wala ng paki-usapan. heto naman ang tanong, paano matutupad yan kung mismo ang local gov't officials ay ang mga pasaway. kanan kamay nila mayor, bise, judge sa kalye sila pumaparada, isama na rin natin si brgy kapitan, si tenyente, kapitan, pati na rin ang mga kamag anak ng mga pulitiko, pulis, mga residenteng naglalagay sa brgy ay lahat pasaway din... hmm mayron pa ba kong di nasama sa listahan???? bato bato sa langit dyan.

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast