New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Mar 2017
    Hmmmm ... Based on the definitions in section 3, dash cams are not "Mobile communications devices", nor "Electronic entertainment and computing device". So IMHO, they are not covered by the law.

2. Join Date
    May 2017
    I use to have a phone use as navigation in the corner of the windshield so huli ako nyan.. LOL

3. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by Dkamb88 View Post
    Most of the dashcams that i see nowadays are like small tv screens that you have to watch every now and then. If they're bigger than 2 inches it's a hindrance. I just dont get the idea why they have to put big screens on them. Do you have to watch it live or something? Smh. Personally, I use my bike cam an SJCAM M10 wifi. Fits perfectly behind the rear view mirror, has dashcam mode, and connects to your phone via wifi if you have to check a video.
    BUT if you have to have one of those big screen dashcams, just mount it on the dashboard and give those "enforcers" a nice grin everytime you pass them

Sent from my SM-N910C using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    It's not that you HAVE to have the biggest screen. It's more like, at one point in time, they were the only ones available. The popularity of consumer dashcams only started around 5 years ago. Even today, if you just casually browse sites such as Lazada, a great majority of dashcams still utilizes screens the size of a business card or whereabouts.

On the other hand, size is relative. ALL run-of-the-mill dashcams would still be considered as having tiny displays if you compare them to traditional GPS or the typical smartphone. The shift to smaller dashcams or even screenless models is more of an evolutionary trend... no way to go but miniaturize.

4. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    TO: ADMIN - KINDLY DELETE AS THERE'S A PREVIOUS SIMILAR THREAD. - THANKS.

Just a moment...

The Anti-Distracted Driving Act that became a law last August 1, 2016 will now be enforced starting May 18, 2017.

Any driver caught using a cellphone while he/she is in the driver’s seat will be apprehended and fined. This includes using the phone even if the car is not moving while on a stop light or in a middle of a heavy traffic (incidentally, just this afternoon, a MAPSA officer warned us about this violation and stated it is already in effect in Makati, though we corrected him that it should be May 18).
    Here are the fines:

1st offense: Php5,000 fine

2nd offense: Php10,000 fine

3rd offense: Php15,000 fine + 3 months suspension of license

4th offense: Php20,000 fine + revocation of driver’s license

There are also exemptions to this rule as stated here.

Read more at Just a moment...
    Last edited by j_avonni; May 17th, 2017 at 08:39 AM.

5. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    so manghuhuli na din ba sila nang dark tints?

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by j_avonni View Post
    TO: ADMIN - KINDLY DELETE AS THERE'S A PREVIOUS SIMILAR THREAD. - THANKS.

Just a moment...

The Anti-Distracted Driving Act that became a law last August 1, 2016 will now be enforced starting May 18, 2017.

Any driver caught using a cellphone while he/she is in the driver’s seat will be apprehended and fined. This includes using the phone even if the car is not moving while on a stop light or in a middle of a heavy traffic (incidentally, just this afternoon, a MAPSA officer warned us about this violation and stated it is already in effect in Makati, though we corrected him that it should be May 18).
    Here are the fines:

1st offense: Php5,000 fine

2nd offense: Php10,000 fine

3rd offense: Php15,000 fine + 3 months suspension of license

4th offense: Php20,000 fine + revocation of driver’s license

There are also exemptions to this rule as stated here.

Read more at Just a moment...
    i read the exemptions, as in:
    1. puede kung duktor na tumutugon sa emergency.
    2. puede kung emergency vehicle ang minamaneho ng erring driver.

bakit po, hindi ba nabubunggo rin ang duktor o emergency vehicle?
    i mean, they endanger someone else's life, in an attempt to save another life? where's the logic in that?
    sauce for the goose is sauce for the gander.

devil's advocate here.

7. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    While the intention of the law is good, as this is the Pinas, this is highly prone to abuse and extortion.

So CP suction cups placed on the windshield like the one below are all banned now?

I place my CP holder on the left lowermost corner of the windshield...so I guess banned na ito.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....RL._SX425_.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 41ewsmifbrl._sx425_.jpg  

8. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by absinthe View Post
    While the intention of the law is good, as this is the Pinas, this is highly prone to abuse and extortion.

So CP suction cups placed on the windshield like the one below are all banned now?

I place my CP holder on the left lowermost corner of the windshield...so I guess banned na ito.

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....RL._SX425_.jpg
    Paano yung nagmomotor na nag titext?

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by oj88 View Post
    It's not that you HAVE to have the biggest screen. It's more like, at one point in time, they were the only ones available. The popularity of consumer dashcams only started around 5 years ago. Even today, if you just casually browse sites such as Lazada, a great majority of dashcams still utilizes screens the size of a business card or whereabouts.

On the other hand, size is relative. ALL run-of-the-mill dashcams would still be considered as having tiny displays if you compare them to traditional GPS or the typical smartphone. The shift to smaller dashcams or even screenless models is more of an evolutionary trend... no way to go but miniaturize.
    perhaps if the directive indicates that "dashcams with a screen diameter of xxx cm, are allowed"; and
    "dashcams are to be located at xxx location only".

even the authorities can not deny the potential benefit of the use of dashcams.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by vvti2.0 View Post
    Paano yung nagmomotor na nag titext?
    mount it on the crash helmet, or in put it in the pocket.
    it should be declared a violation if it were seen on the cyclist's hand while 'cycle is moving.

Page 3 of 47 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
No Cellphone While Driving Law starts on May 18