New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by boybi View Post
    Well, I think the fastest and less confusing way is to have the new plates sent to the LTO office where you will next register your car. Sa araw ng pagpaparegister mo, the LTO branch will make a request from the LTO Cental Office for your new plates, then you will be asked to return on a set date to make time for the manufacture and delivery of your new plates. When it's time to pickup your new plates, you'll have to surrender your old plates, and they will install your new plates with their security screw.
    Perwisyo talaga kung pabalik balik ka, maski na dalawang beses lang. You have to deal with the crowds, parking, plus yun queuing time mo pa. Hay.

2. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    So as per this news, ginogoyo ba ko ng dealership? Here's the scenario:

I called up the dealership where I got my car, asking when can I get my plates. They told me wala pa daw available, but then, sabi nila, meron daw plates sa Mandaluyong ending in 9 and 0s. So here's what they advised, I can have my plates by next week, IF I'm willing to have the available plate in Mandaluyong. But it doesn't end there, may charge daw na 610 pag gusto ko yung 9 ang ending, and 810 naman if I wanted the 0.

OK lang ako magbayad, as I really wanted to have the plates already, but then kung papalitan din pala yun by September, WTH! Gumastos na ko, tapos gastos ulet sa pagpalit ng plates sa September. Tama ba ang assumption ko, o I'm missing something in this news?

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    tama sir gagastos ka ulit papalit ng new plate then incase na implement pa ung new coding maiiba ulit ung date ng coding mo hehe.

4. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteroGLSV View Post
    tama sir gagastos ka ulit papalit ng new plate then incase na implement pa ung new coding maiiba ulit ung date ng coding mo hehe.
    Wow ah. fundraising lang? hehehe, ngayon ang tanong, since bago ang kotse ko, wala pang plaka, paglabas ba ng plaka nito, yung new format na? o luma pa din tapos palit pa din talaga sa September?

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    alam ko sir ung mga new release na unit eh nakaprogram na un na ang bibigay na plate ay ung new format na but u need to wait in few months.

Quote Originally Posted by archielew View Post
    Wow ah. fundraising lang? hehehe, ngayon ang tanong, since bago ang kotse ko, wala pang plaka, paglabas ba ng plaka nito, yung new format na? o luma pa din tapos palit pa din talaga sa September?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by MonteroGLSV View Post
    alam ko sir ung mga new release na unit eh nakaprogram na un na ang bibigay na plate ay ung new format na but u need to wait in few months.
    oh i see. Thanks for that. So hintay hintay na lang ako na magka-available na plaka para saken. papatusin ko na sana yung ino-offer ng dealer, if not for this news.

kalokohan to. ) dati nga gusto nila ma implement ng january 2013 tapos naurong ng naurong
    pustahan di pa yan ma iimplement

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    September na daw implementation. We'll see about that.

LTO to issue new license plates by September 2013 - Auto News by AutoIndustriya.com

From this article though, the new order isn't as stupid as it seems. Old plates will retain their number (meaning if your plate was UAB 123, it'll still be UAB 123 but with the new design). You also don't have to do it immediately, but instead upon LTO renewal.

That said, I still don't get why they have to do this retroactively. Sure, there's the argument that this helps prevent fraud, but in reality, because the LTO doesn't have enough supply of plates, magkakagulo lang. Unless they can really give you plates immediately after renewal, hassle lang 'to. Also, for the 45 day period that you don't have plates, ano proof na pwede ipakita pag hinuli? Magiging kotong opportunity na naman 'to eh.

9. Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Tuloy na tuloy na sa September!

Brace yourself for 3-letter, 4-digit plate numbers

Brace yourself for 3-letter, 4-digit plate numbers
    Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom
    By Kim Arveen Patria | Yahoo! Southeast Asia Newsroom – 2 hours 28 minutes ago

Love your plate number? Maybe it's time to prepare yourself for a new one.

This, as the Land Transportation Office announced it is set to issue new standardized license plates for motor vehicles in a bid to improve law enforcement on the road.

The new policy will be implemented amid a “proliferation of dilapidated and illegible license plate and the prevalent practice of not replacing lost license plates.”

Brand new private vehicles and those for hire will have plates with three letters and four digits while motorcycles will be tagged with two alpha and five numeric symbols.

Black symbols will be set on white background for private vehicles and on yellow for vehicles for hire. Government plates will use red fonts on white, and diplomatic plates, blue on white.

New license plates will “bear new designs including the new font and new color schemes issued by the LTO,” according to a memorandum circular VPT 2013-1172 issued July 15 but bared to the public Tuesday.

Standard plates, which will replace all existing vehicle plates, will also feature a new number scheme to help identify vehicles according to type, LTO said.

They will also sport security features, such as laser-betched bar codes and reflective sheeting. They will be attached using stainless and tagged bolts and nuts.

“There is difficulty in promptly identifying counterfeit license plates,” LTO said, adding that this “adversely affected law enforcement and national security.”

Once the standard plates are rolled out, motor vehicle owners would have to surrender their existing license plates.

They should also attach the new plates, together with stickers bearing the registration numbers, within 45 days from the renewal of vehicle registration with the LTO.

The memorandum was supposed to have taken effect 15 days after its July 15 publication, but officials have earlier noted that the rollout will be on September.
    Hmmmmm, tagged bolts and nuts. So hindi na siya gaya nung nabalita na one way screw lang. So paano kung in case mawala ang tagged nuts and bolts nito and how much just in case? Baka mamaya overpriced nuts and bolts na naman ito.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    ^Geez! And we could only buy these nuts and bolts at LTO?!?! How convenient!

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast