New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

View Poll Results: Do we really need a speedlimit in Metro Manila?

Voters
19. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

13 68.42%
  • No

5 26.32%
  • No Opinion

0 0%
  • I am Bayani Fernando.

1 5.26%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Heard on the news that a 40 km/h speedlimit might be implemented on two major roads in Metro Manila which are Commonwealth and EDSA.

What are your comments on this?
    Last edited by ghosthunter; November 12th, 2008 at 05:24 PM.

2. Join Date
    Jun 2008
    sa puv lng ata to .....

3. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    pwede... during rush hours.

seriously, not a good idea, babagal lalo yung traffic, and is edsa not a highway?

4. Join Date
    Jun 2006
    okay lang iyan 40 kph specially along edsa for public busses, as long as they don't venture outside the yellow lane.... pero i doubt na kaya patuparin iyun lalo na sa madaling araw.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    I noticed yesterday that buses and jeepneys traversing Commonwealth Avenue were really driving at a slow pace. It's such an unusual sight for me since it's my first time not seeing buses run like race cars.hehe

Imposing a 40 kph speed limit for PUVs along Commonwealth Ave is fine with me since that road, ever since, has been known to be a "killer highway" for the reason that vehicles run so fast on that avenue. It's even wider than EDSA. I just hope that speed limit would also take effect at night.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    What's needed is driver education an discipline. You can drive fast if you are on a safe road (like NLEX) and follow traffic rules. Kaya naman nagkaka-accident dyan kse sa mga tatanga-tangang drivers that thinks they know it all and believes that they own the road! :fire: Examples of these kind of drivers are typically: bus/jeepney drivers, convoy/bodyguards of some low-key, feeling bigtime politician/government officials and of course, those drivers who has complete disregard over others as long as they do what they please.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2008
    isn't that too slow for edsa?

8. Join Date
    Aug 2008
    50-60 is ok, and fuel efficient too. sarcastic lang ata yan mga buses eh hehehe

9. Join Date
    Dec 2005

For as long as buses limit themselves to the yellow lane.... But, this is not happening all the time......

7000:diver:

10. Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Buses still don't follow these rules

I was in Commonwealth Ave from Fairview this early morning 11/12/08, at pass 3:00am a Ferminas ordinary bus disregard the traffic light at the intersection of Fairview Mall speeding very fast and thereafter I saw a tricycle driver throws an adjustable wrench to the bus as he was almost got rammed. When I reached the Commonwealth/Litex market, Ferminas bus already rammed an owner type jeep at the U-turn slot hitting the driver side of the owner type jeep, just don't know what happened to the driver as many people already crowding the accident.

These bus drivers really don't care about other motorist safety, they have the mindset of a killing machine.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
In the news: 40 Km/h speedlimit proposed on Commonwealth and EDSA