New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2008
    "Nothing is imminent and any new regulation regarding tints will have to undergo review first. "

http://www.topgear.com.ph/news/motor...00013-20170322

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Janemar View Post
    This is not a "new" law, tagal na nyang law na ito bawal "dark" tint sa harap since 1980's pa to. Maluwag lang talaga kaya di napapatupad.

Anyway, I've tried the most "lightest" shade of black tint available in the market for my windshield before pero still hampered pa rin ang visibility at night time driving. That forced me to install HID headlights to compensate kaso lagi ang flinaflasher ng kasalubong ko. Scraped it and

Im now using "clear" tints vkool vk70 and huper c70 for my windshields and reverted back to OE halogen bulbs. No problem kahit ma fog sa kennon road or sa highways na walang street lights...

My simple analogy dito is like putting shades at night while walking in the streets or as I do before, even driving... LOL
    Meron na ba naka full tint sa windshield nun '80s?

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by shadow View Post
    Meron na ba naka full tint sa windshield nun '80s?

Earliest we had a car with a full tinted front windshield was circa 1994.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Earliest we had a car with a full tinted front windshield was circa 1994.
    Exactly my point. Kaya walang law na ganito pa. And I remember na ang uso before is magic tint if not yun mirror.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    My only concern about this is safety ng driver. Especially mga babae, dami na nag drive na babae ngayon. Paano pag Nakita na magisa lang pag sa Gabi. But I don't think this will get approved summer na super init hehehe

6. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    My only concern about this is safety ng driver. Especially mga babae, dami na nag drive na babae ngayon. Paano pag Nakita na magisa lang pag sa Gabi. But I don't think this will get approved summer na super init hehehe

Exactly. My car in the 90s only had tint on the upper portion of the windshield but it was in the early 2000s when my friend insisted that I get dark tints so that I am not visible when I am driving. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the story of the girl who was raped and dumped in Sucat by a group of men who followed her when they saw her on ATC? This was the reason my friend insisted that I get dark tint and he even got one himself (match kami hahaha) He lives in BF and I always drive alone and often go home late. I don't use high beam when I drive at night. I just avoid going anywhere where I am not familiar with the route.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    This is medium black front and rear. super black on the sides.

8. Join Date
    Nov 2014

I have very light tint in front, visible inside both day and night. Even my passenger windows are light tinted, I can be seen inside at night especially when light is coming in from the windshield. And I drive alone in the wee hours of the morning. I don't feel unsafe naman.
    If anything, I actually felt more unsafe when I had medium dark tint, both because it was hard to drive at night and because I wouldn't be seen from outside if something bad was happening in the cabin.

9. Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by kai s. View Post
    I have very light tint in front, visible inside both day and night. Even my passenger windows are light tinted, I can be seen inside at night especially when light is coming in from the windshield. And I drive alone in the wee hours of the morning. I don't feel unsafe naman.
    If anything, I actually felt more unsafe when I had medium dark tint, both because it was hard to drive at night and because I wouldn't be seen from outside if something bad was happening in the cabin.
    already heard many stories of lady driver followed and kidnapped and carnapped. Yung iba natatagpuan na lang ang bangkay. Ang dami ding modus Like itlog sa windshield or fake banggaan just to make a car stop. I bet they'll see lady driving alone as an easy target.

🔨 "When I give food to the poor, they call me a saint. When I ask why the poor have no food, they call me a communist."

- Dom Helder Camara

10. Join Date
    Jul 2016
    Exactly my point. Kaya walang law na ganito pa. And I remember na ang uso before is magic tint if not yun mirror.

Earliest we had a tinted car window in our family is on my lolo's 76' mustang 2, fj40 and hilux pick up.

Sorry, saw in the news last night, mali pala ako, it is a law already wayback 1970s pa not 80s.

Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast