New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2012
    First time driver. Never studied driving for lack of interest in cars and lack of anything to drive (lol).

Just about to buy my first car and study driving now out of necessity. It's going to be automatic and I'm just going for an A/T license.

Sooo... is it necessary to go through a driving school? If so, what is the best that you can recommend?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    yes, get at least 10 to 15 hours of driving lessons.. practice as much as you can as possible.. you can check out a1driving, red1, socialite, if you have decided on what car to get, try to practice on the same type of car if possible..

3. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    yes also for me. practice manual cars. automatic is very easy when you know how to drive manual. ang ok din sa driving school, you will gain confidence kasi may brake ang instructor mo. so hataw mo lang, hindi ka matatakot mabangga :D i would suggest socialite instead of a1. ang mahal ng a1 e. i think because bago talaga mga kotse nila. ang socialite hindi gaano e, pero ok pa rin talaga

4. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    yes. pero suggestion ko diretso ka na sa automatic. mahal ang per hour ng driving school kaya mas maganda kung mamaximize mo na. madali aralin ang automatic kaya pagkatapos mo ng driving school, medyo sanay ka na.

5. Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Don't drive a manual unless you plan to buy one in the future.

I drive manual. As much as it feels great to drive. I don't really recommend anybody to drive one.

Go MATIC. Also, there is no A/T license bro. If you can afford it, I would go for the 20hrs. Bitin talaga ang 10hrs.

6. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    I went for 10 hours sa driving school but I already had experience driving a manual before (nung high school pa ako). unfortunately we had to sell our car so wala ako na drive from college onward until I got my car last year. So nag driving school ako to refresh my knowledge. Nag manual ako sa driving school but my current car is an automatic one.

7. Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by valacirca View Post
    Sooo... is it necessary to go through a driving school? If so, what is the best that you can recommend?
    For me, no!
    If...
    -You have a circle of friends that can give/help you a basic driving technique advice/lesson.
    -You have already a car for practice driving.
    -You have the guts in learning the actual driving on an actual road.
    -You already aquire basic knowledge from the professional driver, internet & some other reliable resources.

Finally, dont want to spend more than 5000 pesos for at least 10hrs of basic lesson & hands on combined.

8. Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Practice basic driving with someone experienced first. IMO driving school is for setting your techniques right and weed out bad habits. And for practical application of road rules compliance. You won't really benefit much from driving school when you go in at 0% knowledge specially with a 10hr program..

9. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Minsan kasi pag sa mga kaibigan / family members ka nag-aral mag drive, nakukuha mo ung mga bad motoring habits din nila... :D :D :D

10. Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Honda has a great driving school and is quite pricey.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast