New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by StockEngine View Post
    thats the excuse... discrimination. criminals use mcs. gun & license checkpoints every corner of metro manila for mcs only.

discipline these 10m mc riders. the new 1m riders included.
    Sent from my SM-G935F using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    Not an excuse. That's the reality. As a rider myself, that is plain discrimination. Criminals do not use motorcycles only.

Here's the deal. I'm an active member of both Tsikot and MCP. Tsikot members will blame motorcycle riders. MCP members will blame undisciplined drivers. My take on this is, we need proper education and real and strict law enforcement. Eh yung mga traffic enforcer natin do not wear helmet nor wear seat belts. Sila pa nauuna to break traffic rules.

Education is key. And respect. Learn to share the road.

BTW, I drive, I ride, and I bike. So i share everyone's sentiment. Actually nakaka frustrate. Lalo na when you experience first world traffic and road conditions. Why can't we be disciplined citizens. On and off road.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using Tapatalk

2. Join Date
    May 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by remzam View Post
    Not an excuse. That's the reality. As a rider myself, that is plain discrimination. Criminals do not use motorcycles only.

Here's the deal. I'm an active member of both Tsikot and MCP. Tsikot members will blame motorcycle riders. MCP members will blame undisciplined drivers. My take on this is, we need proper education and real and strict law enforcement. Eh yung mga traffic enforcer natin do not wear helmet nor wear seat belts. Sila pa nauuna to break traffic rules.

BTW, I drive, I ride, and I bike. So i share everyone's sentiment. Actually nakaka frustrate. Lalo na when you experience first world traffic and road conditions. Why can't we be disciplined citizens. On and off road.

Agree with this, education is key. Driver's ed should be made mandatory. LTO is also to blame for lax enforcement pero I believe kung malalaman lang ng mga tao basic rules of the road and etiquette, malaki magiging ginhawa sa kalsada. Saka na natin problemahin enforcement lol

3. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Agree. Learn To Share The Road....

Kahit saang kalye,- puwedeng lumusot ang motorsiklo,- kaliwa man o kanan (puwede bang isang side lang?- makakalusot din naman e)... Learn to share the road.

Tapos pag lumusot,- puwede bang diretso lang? At hindi magka-cut sa unahan,- delikado e. Learn to share the road.

Kapag nasa-unahan ang motor,- at malayo na ang nasa unahan nitong sasakyan,- puwede bang tumabi at palusutin ang 4-wheeler? - Learn to share the road.

Kapag may tumigil sa tabi na 4-wheeler - magbababa ng pasahero e... Puwede bang huwag makipagkarera para lumusot sa kanan at i-cut ang 4-wheeler na lulusot sa kaliwa ng nakatabing sasakyan?... Puwede namang pumila ng kaunting segundo at lusot na rin naman lahat ng sasakyan e... Learn to share the road.

Sa mga intersection na may traffic light,- di ba't nasa unahan naman lahat ng motorsiklo at nakatabi sa mga sasakyan? Kapag- go na di ba't nauuna naman halos lahat ng motorsiklo? Puwede bang iyong darating pa lang sa intersection,- huwag karerahin ang mga 4-wheelers na tumatawid at ika-cut sa unahan?.... Tumitigil halos ang trapik dahil nag-aalangan ang kina-cut ng mga motorsiklo... Tuloy,- kaunti lang ang nakaka-cross ng intersection... Walang pumipigil na lumusot ang mga motorsiklo sa kaliwa o kanan (again,- puwede bang isang side lang),- pero baka naman puwedeng diretso lang at huwag mag-cut sa unahan?.... Learn to share the road.

_/_/_/
    "The measure of a man is what he does with power" LJIOHF!

32.2K _/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

4. Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Quote Originally Posted by CVT View Post

Agree. Learn To Share The Road....

Kahit saang kalye,- puwedeng lumusot ang motorsiklo,- kaliwa man o kanan (puwede bang isang side lang?- makakalusot din naman e)... Learn to share the road.

Tapos pag lumusot,- puwede bang diretso lang? At hindi magka-cut sa unahan,- delikado e. Learn to share the road.

Kapag nasa-unahan ang motor,- at malayo na ang nasa unahan nitong sasakyan,- puwede bang tumabi at palusutin ang 4-wheeler? - Learn to share the road.

Kapag may tumigil sa tabi na 4-wheeler - magbababa ng pasahero e... Puwede bang huwag makipagkarera para lumusot sa kanan at i-cut ang 4-wheeler na lulusot sa kaliwa ng nakatabing sasakyan?... Puwede namang pumila ng kaunting segundo at lusot na rin naman lahat ng sasakyan e... Learn to share the road.

Sa mga intersection na may traffic light,- di ba't nasa unahan naman lahat ng motorsiklo at nakatabi sa mga sasakyan? Kapag- go na di ba't nauuna naman halos lahat ng motorsiklo? Puwede bang iyong darating pa lang sa intersection,- huwag karerahin ang mga 4-wheelers na tumatawid at ika-cut sa unahan?.... Tumitigil halos ang trapik dahil nag-aalangan ang kina-cut ng mga motorsiklo... Tuloy,- kaunti lang ang nakaka-cross ng intersection... Walang pumipigil na lumusot ang mga motorsiklo sa kaliwa o kanan (again,- puwede bang isang side lang),- pero baka naman puwedeng diretso lang at huwag mag-cut sa unahan?.... Learn to share the road.
    Very well said Sir!
    Add pa yung kung umovertake grabe maka pina ng likod ng motor sa front bumper ng kotse, kelangan mo pa magpreno kahit ang luwag sa unahan.
    Mga Motor na sa line nagpapatakbo hindi sa lane, kahit hindi naman traffic. sinasakop 2 lanes.

Calling 4 wheels as cage is also discrimination. Mag name-call tapos sasabihin discrimination sa motor.
    We do not call motorcycles as scaffolding or flesh and bones.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by keto View Post
    Agree with this, education is key. Driver's ed should be made mandatory. LTO is also to blame for lax enforcement pero I believe kung malalaman lang ng mga tao basic rules of the road and etiquette, malaki magiging ginhawa sa kalsada. Saka na natin problemahin enforcement lol
    LTO is govt = govt is corrupt = why govt is corrupt? = 333 years of spanish corrupt govt that still runs in our blood...

6. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Our motorcycle situation is partly the fault of police and traffic enforcers for tolerating or even encouraging traffic violations.

1. If the light is red, ALL vehicles should stop, no ifs no buts. But you see some traffic enforcers waving the MCs through
    2. You'll see MCs blocking pedestrian lanes and breaching the yellow box with the traffic police just turning a blind eye
    3. They squeeze through barricaded or blocked U-turn slots, pedestrian lane-only pathways, or counter-flow on a one-way or two-way street.... just because they physically can

These are just some of the things they do on a regular basis. It's so infectious as it influences other MC riders to do the same, defining it as the norm.

It's also ironic that the same people clamour for road equality, citing how they are being discriminated. And then these people go out and break the law every chance they have.

I applaud MC riders who obey traffic rules and NOT participate in any of the examples I've mentioned. I'm more than willing to share the road with them.

PS: I was an MC rider for 8 years from 2001 until I can no longer take how the community has become. Now, it's all just about mods, mods, and mods. For instance, the majority don't know squat about the proper lighting (correct color, brightness, and headlamp beam shapes). They just slap on an LED bar, blue, gree, white lights in the rear, and some really loud and awesome exhaust.... just because the other guy has them. Pwe!

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    BRAVO!
    i agree.

8. Join Date
    Sep 2007

Ako I also walk kaya doble ang pagka-asar ko sa mga riders na sa sidewalk dumadaan at nagpaparada ng mga motor nila.

9. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Bin Diesel View Post
    Ako I also walk kaya doble ang pagka-asar ko sa mga riders na sa sidewalk dumadaan at nagpaparada ng mga motor nila.
    i also agree.
    but what can one expect, kung katabi ng motor nila yung motor ng pulis at traffic enforcer?
    whatever happened to good example principle from government personnel?

10. Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by hypnos View Post
    Very well said Sir!
    Add pa yung kung umovertake grabe maka pina ng likod ng motor sa front bumper ng kotse, kelangan mo pa magpreno kahit ang luwag sa unahan.
    Mga Motor na sa line nagpapatakbo hindi sa lane, kahit hindi naman traffic. sinasakop 2 lanes.

Calling 4 wheels as cage is also discrimination. Mag name-call tapos sasabihin discrimination sa motor.
    We do not call motorcycles as scaffolding or flesh and bones.
    Yan din di ko maintindihan sa ibang motorcycle riders. Grabe makapina. Di ata nila alam pag nagkasagian, sila ang dehado.

Will all due respect sir, my use of the term cage wasn't meant to be discriminatory. That is just what many a biker call cars and automobiles in general. I also ride my cage on a regular basis.

Like what I've said before, just learn to share the road. Mas dehado parati ang motor sa aksidente. Or even sa kalye in general. Walang aircon. Pag umulan walang bubong. But i Call myself a road user in general. Whether I'm on my car, motorcycle or bicycle. I'm even a road user when I'm just a pedestrian. Yun pa isa nakakalimutan ng driver. Pedestrians are also road users.

Sa ibang bansa, truck drivers have to give way to cars. Car drivers have to give way to motorcycles. Motorcycle riders have to give way to bicycles. Bicycle riders have to give way to pedestrians. That's respect to other road users especially those slower or smaller than you. (of course what I said above is not an absolute rule. But we get the point) we just need to get along.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast