New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Ok ah. Sobra na siguro silang walang magawa. Lahat gusto nang hulihin.
    what's next? bawal na magpalit ng mags/tires?

Quote Originally Posted by IMm29 View Post
    Yes, I agree that having green or blue headlights can be a distraction to oncoming motorists. But, yeah, at least with these guys you know they're coming. Unlike jeepneys and motorcycles who choose to keep these off at night. Brilliant.
    tsk tsk. regarding the green or blue headlights, minsan nga ang hirap na makita yung mga cars na ganyan ang color ng headlights.

for those using yellow headlights, i suggest that you print out the recent news article indicating the warning against the use of green or blue headlight bulbs. para pag sinita kayo ng MMDA or any law enforcers, meron kayong proof na mapapakita sa kanila. minsan kasi, damay-damay na yan eh para lang meron silang mahuli.

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    kailangan sigurong mag seminar muna sila bago manghuli hehehe. pero hwag nilang kalimutan na hulihin yung mga normal violations na very obvious.
    pansin ko rin sa ngayon ang daming naka HID na nakakasilaw as in sabog talaga
    That's usually the case with cars that upgrade to HID's but they still use the housings intended for the standard H4/H3/H7/etc.

3. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    The only legally white or selective yellow lights can be found in the tech articles by Daniel Stern, www.danielsternlighting.com.

The primary reason why blue is not allowed is simply because our eyes cannot process blue as easily as it does the other end of the visible light spectrum such as red, yellow, etc. However, green is not a legal headlamp light to use. Purple light (bordering on blue/purple/violet) is similar with blue because purple/violet have a mixture of blue and red, and as such are also difficult to see. Finally the last reason why blue light is not advised and I guess is now illegal is because blue light actually lessens the light through the blue tint that acts as a filter, producing less light than stock/standard white lamps.

On the other hand, modifying the headlamp assemblies can cause unnecessary and untoward glare towards incoming motorists. Nakikita mo nga pero bulag ka naman. You have your own light to see them anyway so I'd rather have somebody who does not have light (and I can still see his car's silhouette) than somebody who has too much light, a common thing done there especially with dark, unlit roads or roads that present insufficient lighting.

In order to have peace of mind driving, a standard set of laws should be made so I guess they are trying to establish that baseline. However like others have said enforcement is crucial in implementation, which I personally do not think will happen after a few months.

I guess what I'm driving at is even if it's not going to be implemented and enforced as much, we should do our own part to keep the roads safer to drive at night especially that you all are car enthusiasts, regardless of how much you consider yourselves that. Let the MMDA do its job and we'll do ours as motorists.
    Last edited by mbeige; November 6th, 2007 at 01:43 PM.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2007
    source of kurakot lang uli yan BOOO

5. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by sboogie View Post
    source of kurakot lang uli yan BOOO
    Syempre, kailangan kumita ni BF.

6. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    palagay ko eh malalang kotongan na naman ito.

7. Join Date
    May 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by Gumusut_Amige View Post
    kailangan sigurong mag seminar muna sila bago manghuli hehehe. pero hwag nilang kalimutan na hulihin yung mga normal violations na very obvious.
    pansin ko rin sa ngayon ang daming naka HID na nakakasilaw as in sabog talaga
    pati nga sa mga MC dami gumagamit ng HID ..papaset up ng 3500+ Php

bawal na pala buti na lang wala ako pera pang set up

8. Join Date
    Aug 2007
    with the MMDA's warning against the use of modified headlights, does that include using projectors to lessen the glare of HID's

before the MMDA or any government agency starts complaining and issuing a warning against the use of modified headlights, ayusin muna nila ang lighting systems sa streets ng metro manila! ang daming streets & roads na sobrang dilim since kinukurakot ang funds na para sana sa mga street & road lighting.

9. Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Hindi hinuhuli mga jeep na patay ang headlights dahil mahirap kotongan, parating private cars ang pinagiinitan.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So mukhang basta blue o green ang buga ang huhulihin nila, and it doesn't matter kung halogen or HID.

Parang yung drive against tinted plate covers, pati clear covers nadali sa huli.

Manghuli naman muna sila ng mga no taillights, no brakelights, or driving at night without headlights on.
    Last edited by Autobeat; November 6th, 2007 at 03:07 PM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
MMDA warns vs modified headlights