New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2010
    not sure where to post this ...pakilipat na lang pag mali.

MMDA suggests imposing more limits on usage of private cars | Motioncars

At the 7th Usapan last week on improving traffic administration in Metro Manila, the head of the Metropolitan Manila Development Authority’s (MMDA) Traffic Discipline Office, Ret. Gen. Francisco Manalo, suggested further limiting the ownership and use of private cars to ease traffic congestion.
    Manalo, who hastily stood in for Carlos, candidly admitted that the number coding scheme imposed to limit the number of private vehicles on the road on weekdays has failed as people purchased more cars to circumvent it. Manalo blamed the worsening traffic situation in Metro Manila on the rapid growth of the private car population and suggested adopting Singapore’s car rationalization system, whereby people have to bid for a Certificate of Entitlement for Vehicles before they can buy a motor vehicle.
    baka hindi nila alam kung gano kaefficient public transport sa singapore. tsk tsk.
    buti wala si tolentino. malamang eh kung ano na naman ang isuggest nun.

2. Join Date
    Dec 2005

Sige nga,- nang magkaalaman na.... hhhhmmmmmppppp!

21.0K:inlababu:

3. Join Date
    Mar 2010
    bakit ba parati na lang private cars ang sinisisi nila? dahil ba di nila kaya sitahin ang mga PUV? or malaki ang lagay ng mga PUV's?

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    The MMDA does not want to admit that any number coding scheme is only effective in the short term and was never meant to be a long term solution.

Singapore's solution of having a certificate of entitlement would only benefit the richer side of the motoring public. Yet it does not solve anything because the volume of cars is already out there. SG's solution is to put a cap on the number of new cars annually and ensuring older cars are permanently taken off the roads as well. This so-called solution will not sit well with private motorists, nor with the local car brands who are trying to sell more cars because it would severely limit their annual sales.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by foresterx View Post
    bakit ba parati na lang private cars ang sinisisi nila? dahil ba di nila kaya sitahin ang mga PUV? or malaki ang lagay ng mga PUV's?
    Exactly. Even on TAFT AVE, I was driving late at night and was expecting very low traffic. But at certain intersections I saw PUJs blocking the entire width of the road as they waited for passengers. This caused traffic since no one can pass through the stopped PUJs.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    i also have a suggestion..
    instead of making new rules, why not enforce those that are already in place?
    clear the public roads of illegally-parked motor vehicles.. at kapag nag-strike three na, ay wag nang ibalik ang sasakyan sa owner! gawing tansan na!
    remove illegal waiting stations!
    remove all house extensions abutting onto the road... salas, kitchens, carinderias, laundry rooms, repair shops,, barangay halls...you name it!
    ipagbawal ang habong ng todos los santos sa daan!
    enforce a more credible road-fixing and road-digging schedule! heck, 2 weeks to tear up the road, followed by 2 months of doing nothing... exact heavy fines to those foot-dragging road diggers!!!

just yesterday, we had to suffer walking-speed traffic from magallanes overpass to guadalupe bridge. the culprit? those vehicles turning down to JP Rizal were taking up 3-4 lanes of EDSA, leaving only 2 lanes for those going to cross the river... yes, there was a blue boy there, occasionally waving his hand..

and get rid of the colorum buses! how can anyone justify lots of buses in edsa, each with only 5-10 passengers...?
    and really, really apprehend erring bus drivers!

but i must really congratulate erap and isko! the quiapo traffic has dramatically changed! it is now my prefered route, even during the 5 pm rush period..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 18th, 2013 at 10:30 AM.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    i also have a suggestion..
    instead of making new rules, why not enforce those that are already in place?
    clear the public roads of illegally-parked motor vehicles.. at kapag nag-strike three na, ay wag nang ibalik ang sasakyan sa owner! gawing tansan na!
    remove illegal waiting stations!
    remove all house extensions abutting onto the road... salas, kitchens, carinderias, laundry rooms, repair shops,, barangay halls...you name it!
    ipagbawal ang habong ng todos los santos sa daan!
    enforce a more credible road-fixing and road-digging schedule! heck, 2 weeks to tear up the road, followed by 2 months of doing nothing... exact heavy fines to those foot-dragging road diggers!!!

just yesterday, we had to suffer walking-speed traffic from magallanes overpass to guadalupe bridge. the culprit? those vehicles turning down to JP Rizal were taking up 3-4 lanes of EDSA, leaving only 2 lanes for those going to cross the river... yes, there was a blue boy there, occasionally waving his hand..
    Just to add. Road widening projects to free up bottlenecks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

8. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by falken View Post
    Just to add. Road widening projects to free up bottlenecks.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    that, too. but not too much... look at taft ave. they widened that street too much, to the detriment of the pedestrian walkways.. now they are encouraging walking..

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Its time to swallow the bitter pill. Goodbye PUJs and FX. Hello buses. And not just some crappy buses like we have now, these buses should be similar to the Green Frog buses.

10. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by ghosthunter View Post
    Exactly. Even on TAFT AVE, I was driving late at night and was expecting very low traffic. But at certain intersections I saw PUJs blocking the entire width of the road as they waited for passengers. This caused traffic since no one can pass through the stopped PUJs.
    taft ave corner UN! (schools, hospitals).
    taft ave corner pedro gil! (robinsons. pgh. schools.).
    taft ave corner vito cruz! (la salle, st scho).
    taft ave corner buendia! (what would you expect! three bus terminals, at least 2 illegal fx and jitney terminals, and ang walang kamatayang hukay ng taft avenue!!!)

pedro gil is exceptionally bad, because the mall closes 9 pm, even as the traffic aide does not stay that late.. pedro gil is one long jeepney stop.. from robinsons to taft to san marcelino..
    Last edited by dr. d; September 18th, 2013 at 10:44 AM.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast