New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Roundabouts don't work here.

Because you can never count on a PUV driver to stay in their own lane for more than 10 seconds.

2. Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Possible. But hindi siya mapapagkatiwalaan.

Alam mo naman ang pinoy, lahat gagawin makauna lang. Yes, there are some people who understand the logic of having a roundabout - to have a faster flow of traffic. And these people give way, hindi sisiksik sa kahit maliit na butas na pwede pasukan ( whoops. sorry if that sounds wrong. )

The proper solution would be.

Enforce the rules strictly. Kapag ticket, ticket talaga. Walang kotong. Hard, yes. But sampolan mo lang yung ibang jeep sa isang lugar ( preferably manila area ) tapos ma-news iyon ... matatakot na yung iba eh.

Yun dapat unahin nila. Cause kung hindi yon mawawala, PUV's would just do the same thing over and over again - pasakitin ang ulo ng ibang motorists because of their style of driving.

3. Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Quote Originally Posted by donbuggy View Post
    The problem is Filipino drivers do not follow the first rule of roundabouts:

The vehicle inside the roundabout has the right of way.

Ignore this principle and the result will be chaos and gridlock.

-------------------------------------------

The Square Roundabout

Here's a design for a roundabout that will make the vehicles entering give way to those already inside. The layout makes drivers follow the first rule. Result: a self-regulating roundabout.

Red arrows - vehicles inside the roundabout.
    Blue arrows - vehicles entering the roundabout.
    problem is most pinoy drivers don't know the "right of way" rule.

"strict implementation" only happens pag bago ang station commander ng area. pag nag kasundo na sila sa "lagay" bulag na ulit mga enforcer.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Quote Originally Posted by kotiko View Post
    I think the roundabouts is a good idea, I think in the UK maraming ganto.

The problem is I don't think it's going to be that effective in the Filipino driving culture. Kung dun nga sa Munumento chaotic makaikot sa rotonda e with all the jeeps and tricycles having it their own way. Sa ibang rotonda naman medyo gulangan para lang makaikot ka...

Well I'm not against the idea, but I hope it gets implemented and practiced well.

Sa UK may stop light pa rin sa roundabout. Napanood ko sa youtube (tutorial on how do deal with roundabouts). Sa monumento-kalookan, ala stop light. Pag traffic, kailangan aggressive ka sumingit kasi di ka paparaanin. Nagkakabanggaan tuloy

5. Join Date
    Dec 2010
    maganda nga yung may plan na yan medyo practical at time efficient instead na mag lagay ng kung sino sinong patatabing baboy jan sa kalye. pero dapat talaga unahing sipain jan yung mga nasa traffic management. wla namang magagawa ang jeepney drivers kung talgang ipag babawal eh. kaso nga itong mga kapal muk's na mga responsable sa traffic ang talgang dapat eh sinisibak na. wag na bigyan ng second chance tutal naman eh nasisikmura nilang isabotahe ang kalsada natin. hindi na sila tinatablan ng hiya sa mga tax payers. kaya dapat hindi lang MMDA ang ma involve jan. puro lang porma ang nangyayari eh. andun pa rin araw araw hindi na nagbago ang takbo. hindi na uubra sa kanila ang soft spoken sa sobrang garapal nila. nakikita naman natin diba? sa pasay? naku,.. mas maganda pa kung gagastos na rin lang sila eh di gawin na lang nilang automated ang mga kalye. para iwas lagay at madali hanapin ang kurakot.

6. Join Date
    Aug 2003
    it's a bit disorienting for me since you're entering the rotunda at an angle, with cars coming at you from both sides and from behind. At least with the U-turn you can align yourself with the traffic and slowly move to the right lane.

It's also a bit stressful if you want to turn into a corner, but somehow ended up in the innermost lanes. Gawa na rin ng kaduwagan, i usually just take an extra turn until i can get into the right lane. but somehow i doubt if most drivers have the patience.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Oh and I just realized, sometimes the rotonda in Shaw Blvd. Kapitolyo still needs assistance from traffic enforcers when there's a high volume of traffic. Evidently because of the discipline of drivers. :D

8. Join Date
    Jan 2009
    if the Elliptical road around Quezon Memorial Circle is a kind of roundabout, and since there are accidents there daily from careless drivers, buses and jeeps......then the idea (though good elsewhere) is not good for this country.

If smaller circles like Timog and Welcome Rotunda are samples of roundabouts, then maybe it wold work.

We want less traffic say in EDSA? Then a total ban on PUB (and let commutters use the MRT/LRT/monorail instead) would be more workable Actually papunta na tayo sa ganuon.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    May kikita na naman dyan...How much per rotunda kaya? Another stress filled traffic scheme to add to the already stressful U-turn slots. I rather pass e. rodriguez with those stoplights than pass quezon ave and weave in an S manner just to avoid those using the u-turn slots and those jeepneys loading and unloading passengers. I say do away with all those u-turns slots and lets get back to the basics of driving, with smart traffic lights/sensors and cameras hook to a center that monitors our streets. Indonesia and Thailand has is now. Baka maunahan pa tayo ng Vietnam. The thing is may kikita din naman sa smart traffic ligth system might as well installed them here.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by renzo_d10 View Post
    Possible. But hindi siya mapapagkatiwalaan.

Alam mo naman ang pinoy, lahat gagawin makauna lang. Yes, there are some people who understand the logic of having a roundabout - to have a faster flow of traffic. And these people give way, hindi sisiksik sa kahit maliit na butas na pwede pasukan ( whoops. sorry if that sounds wrong. )

The proper solution would be.

Enforce the rules strictly. Kapag ticket, ticket talaga. Walang kotong. Hard, yes. But sampolan mo lang yung ibang jeep sa isang lugar ( preferably manila area ) tapos ma-news iyon ... matatakot na yung iba eh.

Yun dapat unahin nila. Cause kung hindi yon mawawala, PUV's would just do the same thing over and over again - pasakitin ang ulo ng ibang motorists because of their style of driving.
    Tama. Ito muna dapat gawin. Yung mga existing rules at regulations nga di pa naeenforce ng maayos, bakit tayo maniniwala na mas magiging maayos kung dagdagan pa ng iba? Manghuli ng manghuli muna ng gumagawa ng bawal. No exceptions.

A good way to go about it is to try it out on designated areas like the Fort for example. Sa Subic mahigpit din, pansin nyo ang titino bigla ng mga taga Manila pag nandoon. Maghigpit sa designated "trial areas" and then eventually spread out to the whole of Metro Manila.
    Kung si Bistek na natiketan, tiketan lahat!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
MMDA plan to reduce traffic