New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    MANILA, Philippines – The Metropolitan Manila Development Authority (MMDA) announced Monday the closure of several U-turn slots in Metro Manila starting on Thursday.

In an advisory, MMDA said the U-turn slot on C-5 Eastwood in front of the BMW display center will be closed to traffic from 4 p.m. to 8 p.m. (southbound).

Also to be closed from 7 a.m. to 10 a.m. is the U-turn slot on C-5 Katipunan and Boni Serrano (southbound).

Quezon Avenue U-turn slot, between Examiner and Scout Borromeo, on the other hand, will be closed permanently to traffic, the MMDA said.

Read more: MMDA to close some U-turn slots in Quezon City | Inquirer News
    Follow us: *inquirerdotnet on Twitter | inquirerdotnet on Facebook

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Why not close both southbound and northbound u-turn slots along C-5 Eastwood during rush hour and do something about those jeeps that clog the traffic most of the time? Also, except for the Eastwood C-5 u-turn slot, the other slots they're "managing" doesn't seem to affect traffic much, IMO. For example on Katipunan, the traffic causing u-turn slots are the ones in front of Ateneo and Miriam College while on Q. Ave, the baddie is the one after Timog/West Ave.
    Last edited by vinj; October 8th, 2013 at 09:03 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2011
    if only mmda would their job, like issuing ticket for those violators like the bus and jeepney. Yesterday i saw at Edsa there are several buses occupying 2nd lane and (almost)3rd lane na. I though it was traffic, hindi pala after passing thru these buses maluwag na and sadly me MMDA officer nakatayo lang.

4. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Why not close both southbound and northbound u-turn slots along C-5 Eastwood during rush hour and do something about those jeeps that clog the traffic most of the time?
    true. alangan ung pwesto ng NB U-turn malapit sa GenText.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by jdjoeydean View Post
    if only mmda would their job, like issuing ticket for those violators like the bus and jeepney. Yesterday i saw at Edsa there are several buses occupying 2nd lane and (almost)3rd lane na. I though it was traffic, hindi pala after passing thru these buses maluwag na and sadly me MMDA officer nakatayo lang.
    sa guadalupe ba yan?

6. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by vinj View Post
    Why not close both southbound and northbound u-turn slots along C-5 Eastwood during rush hour and do something about those jeeps that clog the traffic most of the time?
    I think MMDA tried experimenting with that a few years back. Southbound u-turn was moved under the Libis flyover, but the sheer volume of vehicles combined with Marcos hiway-bound traffic clogged the service road to Libis so binalik din sa BMW u-turn slot.

Bakit nga ba we keep on insisting on the u-turn system? Baka mas ok pa kung i-open ang intersection ng Eastwood: 5 minutes green time for C5 NB/SB, 1 minute green time for left turning vehicles.

Or, have all PUJs turn right on Calle Industria and pass INSIDE Eastwood (tutal Eastwood employees naman ang mga pasahero) and return on C5 at GenTex. Let Megaworld discipline the PUJs inside their turf, tutal sila ang gumawa ng Eastwood without any proper ingress/egress or any consideration sa public transpo access ng clientele nila. Pero syempre hindi papayag ang Megaworld.

7. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mac103 View Post
    Bakit nga ba we keep on insisting on the u-turn system? Baka mas ok pa kung i-open ang intersection ng Eastwood: 5 minutes green time for C5 NB/SB, 1 minute green time for left turning vehicles.
    supposedly mas free flowing ang traffic kapag may U-turns instead of intersections kaso ang problema hindi ata tayo marunong gumamit ng U-turn tapos sablay pa ung mga locations ng U-turn. example dyan ung NB U-Turn sa may tapat ng Dampa C5, 3 lanes kinakain nun pag rush hour.

hehehe teritoryo mo nga pala C5, hindi na ko mag-co-comment

8. Join Date
    Jul 2008
    angbagal mag react ng MMDA. tagal ko na pinost dito yan na suggesting dapat isara yang u-turn slot just to cater to eastwood patrons. at least gagawin na din during peak hours. pag nakita nila effective, dapat permanently close na yan. kung close mo south-bound, dapat close mo din northbound. common sense chairman.

same with the u-turn after examiner, it is to close to examiner kaya accident prone yang area. meron naman kasi u-turn malapit sa national bookstore, bakit kelangan pa meron dagadag u turn after examiner. took them years to figure it out. mas mabilis pa kurap ng mata ni chairman kaysa sa bilis nya ma solve problems sa kalsada.

9. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by s10pao View Post
    supposedly mas free flowing ang traffic kapag may U-turns instead of intersections kaso ang problema hindi ata tayo marunong gumamit ng U-turn tapos sablay pa ung mga locations ng U-turn. example dyan ung NB U-Turn sa may tapat ng Dampa C5, 3 lanes kinakain nun pag rush hour.
    Exactly, yung idea is to speed up the usual case (in this case, yung thru-traffic). Pano mag-speedup yung usual case kung e-epal yung nasa sa outermost lane at pipilitin pa mag-u-turn. Minsan di mo rin masisi yung sa Dampa kasi pagliko nila galing Greenmeadows, puno na yung inner 1, 2, or 3 lanes pa.

Agree na sablay ang mga locations ng UTS, gawan na lang ng mas malayong u-turn slot tapos strictly 1 lane only.

10. Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Quote Originally Posted by mac103 View Post
    Agree na sablay ang mga locations ng UTS, gawan na lang ng mas malayong u-turn slot tapos strictly 1 lane only.
    yan ata ang pinakamahirap ipatupad :help2:

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast