New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

1. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Guys, what was your vehicle's mileage when you had your first PMS? Did you follow religiously the exact mileage when you had it serviced?

My odo reading is already 1,200 and my first PMS is due on 1500. I am going out of town on weekends and the distance back and forth is about 700 kms thus making my total mileage on the return around 1900. It will already pass the 1500 PMS. I am worried that it will void my warranty and I couldn't avail the free labor if that happens.

I ask my agent and he said that it's fine even if I have it serviced at 2000.

I feel that it's still early to have it serviced. What do you guys think? Thanks!

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    i had it when it was 1.1k.
    actually, i think its better for you to have it serviced before going out of town. mas ok ang feeling ng nagbyabyahe ng bagong service ang oto mo. and besides, the next PMS is at 5k naman, so sulit na rin yan.
    Last edited by 1D4LV; August 13th, 2008 at 11:43 AM.

3. Join Date
    Sep 2004
    I've had the car undergo its first PMS at 1,000kms., exactly as what the documentation stated.

Yes, I agree that it would be more prudent for you to have it serviced before you take it out of town. Think of it as a preemptive measure for peace of mind.

4. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    ok lang yan...baligtad naman sa akin itakbo mo na ng out town bago mo ipa service para ma "break-in" na kung anong dapat ma break in.

5. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Thanks, guys!

I think I will have it serviced prior to that long trip. It's better to be one step ahead than be sorry in the end. This is a new vehicle and based on what I read here in the threads, I don't know the accuracy of those statements, that your vehicles performance in the long run will determine on how you treated it in its first 5000 kms.

400 kms additional to the required mileage for its first PMS is perhaps too much.

6. Join Date
    Apr 2006
    ako, 1000km din nung first PMS ko.

7. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Couldn't remember mine exactly mga 500km++ yun I remember pero kasi sinunod ko yung whichever comes first eh so 1 month na ayun PMS na din ako maskin wala pang 1000.

Mileage when you had your first PMS?