New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Could someone verify what happens when the National Capital Region allocation is over? Everyone knows that NCR plates in its current format started out with the letter N (e.g. NAA-111), then it became P**-***, then T**-***, then U, W, X, and now it's down to Z. Assuming that the last Z plate is handed out (theoretically ZZZ-999), what happens to the next batch? Surely the LTO won't use other letters which are already allocated to other regions.

A friend of mine says that the letters/numbers combo will be reversed to numbers/letters (e.g. 111-NAA). Is this true? Can anyone confirm?

2. Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Ewan. Honestly, I really don't mind if they change the format. Although I really like the Euro spec plate numbering format. Or maybe, we will adopt a 7 character format like 1ABC456, or something like that siguro.

Ah basta! Ewan! haha! Thinking out aloud lang.

3. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by russpogi View Post
    Ewan. Honestly, I really don't mind if they change the format. Although I really like the Euro spec plate numbering format. Or maybe, we will adopt a 7 character format like 1ABC456, or something like that siguro.

a lot of people are asking about this already! hmmm... and i know of another thread with this topic too... it might answer our questions:

Title: After the "Z" series of license plates, what's next?
    http://tsikot.yehey.com/forums/showt...t=46933&page=2

From the recent Strada Club EB, a new recruit came with the plate number ZTD already and claims that he had his truck for about a month now. i think that by Feb/March 2009 - the Z series would already be consumed!

4. Join Date
    Feb 2004
    I just bought a new 500cc maxi-scooter last August and the new plate number i received starts with the Numbers...like 999 PB unlike my old bigbike na una yung letters then the numbers. Baka ganun na rin siguro ang gagawin sa 4 wheels.

5. Join Date
    May 2007
    Quote Originally Posted by O!lman View Post
    I just bought a new 500cc maxi-scooter last August and the new plate number i received starts with the Numbers...like 999 PB unlike my old bigbike na una yung letters then the numbers. Baka ganun na rin siguro ang gagawin sa 4 wheels.
    could be... may picture ba ni rizal dun?

6. Join Date
    May 2005
    The last plate for the Z series is ( Z T Z - 9 9 9) same way the X series ended.

7. Join Date
    Jan 2006

Maganda rin pero ang hirap e memorize say you have few seconds to remember the plate number of a hit and run case . just my .02C

8. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Yup, very curious what they'll use next. I actually thought there were still some letters in the alphabet unused and not allocated to other regions.

Else, my wild guess is they'll use numbers muna to start the plate naman. Ex. 1AB-168

9. Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Like what gonzo said, Euro spec plates are difficult to memorize. Even some states in the US have weird configs (like California). Honestly, I like our plate number system. It's practical and easy to memorize.

Quote Originally Posted by Autobeat View Post
    Yup, very curious what they'll use next. I actually thought there were still some letters in the alphabet unused and not allocated to other regions.

Else, my wild guess is they'll use numbers muna to start the plate naman. Ex. 1AB-168

Wala na ata available na letters na walang allocation. I think realistically maybe there's some truth to what my friend said: 111-NNN na ang magiging format. If they add more characters baka mag-co-configure pa ang mga carpark facilities ng mga makina nila.

10. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    So "N*I" plates na for now.

Saw "NFI" na civic, "NHI" na Captiva, and a "NKI" na CRV.

Still takes some getting used to seeing "N" plates in new cars.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Metro Manila Plate Numbers