New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    mga sir.. share ko lang po itong bagong proposal ng LTO.. nakita ko lang po ito sa facebook ng friend ko..

Memorandum LTO AO15

Additional proposed items from the LTO Guidelines:

*Drivers and All Passengers who fail to use seatbelt will be fined P1,500/passenger plus attending seminar for traffic and vehicle safety to be conducted by LTO.

* For carrying more passenger other than the normal seating capacity, a penalty of P1,000/per passenger.

* For defective accessories such as headlight, tail light, signal light, brake light, side mirror and horn a fine of P1,000 for the violators.

* For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000.

* Wearing of slippers fine of P500 for the first offense, P700 for the 2nd offense and P1,000 for the 3rd offense and revocation of driver’s license.

* Installation of HID headlight 4300K and up color temperature a fine of P5000.

* Installation Open free flow exhaust pipe other than the original exhaust pipe a fine of P3000. "
    ano pong masasabi niyo dito? mga may sapak din ang mga taga LTO no?

2. Join Date
    Jun 2007
    I agree with the memorandum fully.

all of it makes sense.

1) bawal overloading.
    2) magseatbelt LAHAT ng pasahero
    3) trash annoying and dangerous modifications like poorly aimed foglights, noisy mufflers, blinding HIDs

4) slippers do have a tendency to get stuck. mas safe pa na mag paa ka nalang mag drive.

3. Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Again like some of the rules of LTO it's subject to interpretation.

"For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000."

Like this for example, some enforcers can even claim changing your wheel size can be a cause for fine. I know it's silly but they sometimes do that, lalo na pag may topak! I agree with the other provisions except on the exhaust pipe and hid lights since I don't have real technical knowledge on this.

For the slippers part, there is a safety issue here because sometimes your slippers can get tangled on the pedals. I used to drive with crocs slippers before in the US not knowing it was illegal. Good thing I never got caught. Anyway, I always have a slip on shoe near the door so I put it on whenever I drive.

4. Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Dapat lang yun seatbelt, if it's there, use it.

Yes, bawal na ang mga maiingay na muffler di na ako magigising sa gitna ng gabi.

As for the HID lights, I disagree. I believe they should only ban typical HID-slap-on-halogen-enclosures as these really blind incoming cars due to their "sabog" light output. If it's properly retrofitted, HID lamps shouldn't be a problem. I think kilangan nila ng revision dito, for sure madami magaabuso nito. What about higher-end cars where HID lamps come as stock?

As for the no-overloading ban, alam ko may batas na tayo dito eh. But (as usual ) minimal or no implementation at all. I still see jeeps packed like sardines and even have 3-4 people just hanging on the outside.

5. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    ako din agree dyan.. sorry for my term 'may sapak'.. kaso yung * For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000. , kalokohan yun.. pano pa natawag na private vehicles, kung LTO din ang magsasabi kung ano pwede.. isa pa yung * Installation of HID headlight 4300K and up color temperature a fine of P5000., para sakin ok lang to eh.. kasi ang hirap talaga ng halogen lamps lalo na sa gabi tapos sa aspalto ka pa dumadaan.. parang wala kang ilaw.. ok lang sana HID basta naka projector type, at di nakakasilaw sa iba..

pero proposal palang naman ito.. di pa ata approved.. sana ayusin nila yan..

6. Join Date
    Jul 2010
    this proposal is good, except the modifying part.. ok lang magmodify basta wala kang napeperwisyo at natatapakang ibang tao.. tama??

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by jarrieta View Post
    Again like some of the rules of LTO it's subject to interpretation.

"For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000."

Like this for example, some enforcers can even claim changing your wheel size can be a cause for fine. I know it's silly but they sometimes do that, lalo na pag may topak! I agree with the other provisions except on the exhaust pipe and hid lights since I don't have real technical knowledge on this.

For the slippers part, there is a safety issue here because sometimes your slippers can get tangled on the pedals. I used to drive with crocs slippers before in the US not knowing it was illegal. Good thing I never got caught. Anyway, I always have a slip on shoe near the door so I put it on whenever I drive.
    In other countries, like Australia, meron silang allowable limit for changing tire sizes for each type of vehicle.

Tama lang naman mga proposed guidlelines sa memorandum na yan. It's about time. Sana hindi maging ningas cogon ulit ito if approved.

8. Join Date
    Apr 2007
    * For modifying any part of the original design of a private vehicle without approval of LTO and the DTI a fine of P2,000.
    Anong kalokohan 'to?

Pag nagkabit ka ng step board, may fine na?

Kasi naiba na yung itsura ng kotse mo?

* Installation of HID headlight 4300K and up color temperature a fine of P5000.
    Yung 3000K HID ligtas?

Yan lang ang nakaka loko. Yung iba oks na oks.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Starex_Gold View Post
    Anong kalokohan 'to?

Pag nagkabit ka ng step board, may fine na?

Kasi naiba na yung itsura ng kotse mo?
    Di lang stepboard. It can be interpreted to include stuff like:

-car window visors
    -car body kits
    -roof racks
    -air filters
    -bull bars
    -tow hitch
    -winch
    -window tint
    -seat covers
    -extra wide rear view mirrors
    -upgraded HU & speakers
    -car alarms
    -etc

because all of these probably don't have LTO/ DTI certification too.

An unenforcable law is a useless & pointless law.

Frankly we have enough laws if the police, mmda and others would simply enforce them properly.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    We should have a law to protect us (normal citizens) from the law makers from writing and passing more stupid laws.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
Memorandum LTO AO15