New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Quote Originally Posted by anonemus View Post
    4 years? 2 years lang if Binay wins this year
    It will never happen. Aalis na yung mga big businesses, bpo, upper middle class sa metro manila. Tataas ang unemployment rate pero at least wala ng traffic. Manila to be uninhabitable in 4 years if traffic chaos not resolved

2. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    apparently, we are now reaping the fruits of our previous government incompetencies on urban planning and it cannot be addressed just be political will, or investments.... kung baga, ang inipon mong ebak ng isang linggo, pag bagsak, bulok na, and the government reactions on EDSA management is just like a band-aid on a stab wound.

bottom line:

a. infrastructure.
    b. lack of good public transportation.
    c. everything is in metro manila. why not decongest it by giving tax and investment initiatives to businesses to go out of the suburbs and even nearby provinces? it will also help with the local employment.
    d. ports and airports should also be moved out of metro manila (and try to build additional ports and airports outside of the metro?)

i think even cebu is now experiencing traffic like no other now. sooner, it will be davao...

inuuna kasi sarili (like in the SSS case, BBL) kesa sa iinvest on long term infrastructure and mass transport system eh.

3. Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Naiisip ko rin na mag migrate na sa abroad or province.

4. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Even a child can understand that a good public transpo system is the first step to get the middle class out of their cars and alleviate traffic.

But what ticks me off is that people seem to think that fixing our broken transpo system is something that can be done within 1 term of a president. PPPs, anomalous contracts, all of these need time to fix and implement. Even with a completely efficient government, it won't be done as quickly as people expect. With a sub-optimal government like ours, it'll take even longer.

But right now, all there is for us to do is wait, and deal with it. There's also the option to move out if you don't have the patience to see this country move up from its 3rd world status (might not even happen in your lifetime if you're middle-aged already).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. Join Date
    Apr 2013
    The rate of expansion of the Metro Manila road system cannot match the number of new cars on road each year.
    We can have skyways and expressways but if the surface roads are still congested, maduduplicate lang ang bottleneck sa mga exit like Sucat, Bicutan, Don Bosco, Amorsolo.

Overhaul of the public transpo system is the key. Car:household ratio in Tokyo is even higher than ours, halos 1 car per household, but there's no reason to take the car on a regular workday because of the efficient and comprehensive train system.

The P2P bus service is a good start. Baka pwede rin ipag-merge ang mga bus companies para walang unahan sa pasahero. Kahit 1 company per route pwede na.

For sure, before the traffic chaos is resolved, it will only get worse in the next few years... Siguro yung 2 hr drive ko from Makati to Pasig magiging 4 hrs each way.

6. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by mac103 View Post
    The rate of expansion of the Metro Manila road system cannot match the number of new cars on road each year.
    We can have skyways and expressways but if the surface roads are still congested, maduduplicate lang ang bottleneck sa mga exit like Sucat, Bicutan, Don Bosco, Amorsolo.

Overhaul of the public transpo system is the key. Car:household ratio in Tokyo is even higher than ours, halos 1 car per household, but there's no reason to take the car on a regular workday because of the efficient and comprehensive train system.

The P2P bus service is a good start. Baka pwede rin ipag-merge ang mga bus companies para walang unahan sa pasahero. Kahit 1 company per route pwede na.

For sure, before the traffic chaos is resolved, it will only get worse in the next few years... Siguro yung 2 hr drive ko from Makati to Pasig magiging 4 hrs each way.
    Makati to Pasig, 2 hours? Lupet nun ah.... Mga 8 kms lang yun diba?
    Makati to Las Pinas ako, 2.5 hrs.... around 25 kms, if via coastal road. 1.5 hrs, via skyway (puro shortcut pa yun ha...)

7. Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Makati to Qc where I live. 2 hrs everyday via edsa. That's been since before Christmas and after the holidays and including the new bus lane implementation era.

8. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by 1D4LV View Post
    Makati to Pasig, 2 hours? Lupet nun ah.... Mga 8 kms lang yun diba?
    Makati to Las Pinas ako, 2.5 hrs.... around 25 kms, if via coastal road. 1.5 hrs, via skyway (puro shortcut pa yun ha...)
    Depends where in Pasig. If you live on the side of Pasig after C5, traffic is really horrendous. Ortigas Extension is a parking lot if you don't leave before sunrise. If you pass downtown Pasig, Mercedes Ave and Sixto also succumb to a crawl during rush hours.

Not to mention, these areas are prone to flooding. While the villages themselves are safe, they become islands surrounded by floodwater during typhoons.

9. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by jut703 View Post
    Even a child can understand that a good public transpo system is the first step to get the middle class out of their cars and alleviate traffic.

But what ticks me off is that people seem to think that fixing our broken transpo system is something that can be done within 1 term of a president. PPPs, anomalous contracts, all of these need time to fix and implement. Even with a completely efficient government, it won't be done as quickly as people expect. With a sub-optimal government like ours, it'll take even longer.

But right now, all there is for us to do is wait, and deal with it. There's also the option to move out if you don't have the patience to see this country move up from its 3rd world status (might not even happen in your lifetime if you're middle-aged already).

Replacement MRT trains from china are coming! wait? i thought we had a dispute on china???

mrt-china.jpg

DU30 for PRESIDENT, KILL GOVT CORRUPTION

10. Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigg ma View Post
    Replacement MRT trains from china are coming! wait? i thought we had a dispute on china???

mrt-china.jpg

DU30 for PRESIDENT, KILL GOVT CORRUPTION
    May tren na, ayaw mo pa?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast