New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    LAHAT ng route ng mga trucks sa Manila, wasak mga daanan puro kasi mga overweight

Sent from my iPad using Tsikot Car Forums

#retzing

2. Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Nadaan sa pakiusap... No ban for truck loaded with cargo, but must run along specified road corridors. Ban applies to empty truck. Open hours for them is 10 am to 3 pm, also along specified truck routes.

Erap agrees to make adjustments in truck ban policy
    February 26, 2014 8:29pm

Manila Mayor Joseph Estrada has agreed to make adjustments in the newly implemented citywide daytime truck ban policy following a meeting with Interior Secretary Mar Roxas on Wednesday.

An exclusive report on “24 Oras” said Estrada agreed to be more lenient in the implementation of the truck ban following the meeting with Roxas and Quezon City Mayor Herbert Bautista at the Manila City Hall.

“Free-flowing na for loaded trucks,” Estrada said in the report.

Under the proposed adjustment, trucks loaded with deliveries are exempted from the ban from Mondays to Saturdays as long as they use designated routes.

For trucks without cargo, there will be a window time where they could use Manila's roads from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Mondays to Saturdays.

There will also be a designated lane along Roxas Blvd. for trucks, the report said.

The adjustments will be formalized in a new ordinance that the city council will pass.

Truck ban

The meeting occurred after trucker groups protested the truck ban policy by not rolling out on Monday. These groups argued that the ban will affect the production schedule of some factories in the country.

Under the contested policy, which began implementation on Monday, trucks are banned to ply the streets from 5 a.m. to 9 p.m., Mondays through Saturdays. However, they are given a window period to travel from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Offenders will face a fine of P5,000, plus the towing of their trucks.

Roxas, meanwhile, was pleased with proposed adjustment.

“Well, actually maganda 'yung pag free-flowing dahil mas mabilis ang labas-pasok ng mga produkto at tsaka pati yung mga tsuper mismo makaka-two trips sila or kahit baka three trips pa. 'Di naman puwede na nasa traffic lang sila,” he said.

For his part, Bautista, who chairs the Metro Manila Council, gave Estrada a letter from the Metro Manila Development Authority chairman Francis Tolentino.

In the letter, Tolentino expressed his support for the truck ban but asked Estrada to give it a 15-day testing period and make needed adjustments afterward. — Andrei Medina/KBK, GMA News

3. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by Monseratto View Post
    Nadaan sa pakiusap... No ban for truck loaded with cargo, but must run along specified road corridors. Ban applies to empty truck. Open hours for them is 10 am to 3 pm, also along specified truck routes.
    Mali yan, saw the interview of isko this morning. No load trucks 10-3 while loaded 10-5, nag extend lang sila ng 2 hours for loaded trucks.

No such thing as "free flowing" yun mga truckers lang nagsabi dahil Sabi daw ng MMDA.

#retzing
    Last edited by shadow; February 27th, 2014 at 01:36 PM.

4. Join Date
    May 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by glenn manikis View Post
    Baligtadin natin ang ipag bawal eh yung mga private veuicles... At sa sobrang dami it causes traffic na... Gabi lang natin pwede gamitin cars natin... Is it fair? Bet. 9pm to 4am... At dun ka mismo sa maynila nakatira...
    Trucks lang ba talaga ang cause ng traffic? O mga sasakyan na walang disiplina?

Sent from my C2305 using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    I have to admit that the trucks are the economic driver of the country, that's their only and great purpose.

Because of the number of warehouses in MM area, Transfer their operations/bagsakan (warehouses) na hindi masyado malayo sa Manila. From there small trucks like the elf,canter can enter MM diresto sa mga industries and big stores/malls. Ang ginagawa nila ngayon ay in bulk deliveries eh

5. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Takernz View Post
    I have to admit that the trucks are the economic driver of the country, that's their only and great purpose.

Because of the number of warehouses in MM area, Transfer their operations/bagsakan (warehouses) na hindi masyado malayo sa Manila. From there small trucks like the elf,canter can enter MM diresto sa mga industries and big stores/malls. Ang ginagawa nila ngayon ay in bulk deliveries eh
    as i have posted earlier, ganyan nga sa bangkok. puros light trucks lang ang pwedeng nasa loob ng city.

6. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    to me, it's not really the trucks, but the incorrigible cro-magnons that drive them.. mga pasaway na nananadyang mambara ng daan at intersection.

7. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Diba Pati yun pag higpit ng DPWH sa weight limit, ayaw din ng mga truckers. Lugi daw sila pag 2 balik...WTF!? Gusto nila sila masusunod, overweight, undiscipline. mga bwisit

Isama na rin yun mga kotse naka park sa Labas ng SC and DOJ. Mga bwisit din yan saga pa din sa traffic walang pinaakain a doon sa kabilang side ng Taft mga PUJs naman nakaharang sa dasn

#retzing

8. Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Like I said on the other thread, sweep Manila of illegal sidewalk settlers/vendors/pig farmers/carinderias, and you solve the traffic situation by 50%. Thats a big leap. People will start "walking" on the sidewalks, instead of on the streets.

Add to that regulated hours for trucks, BAN those counterflowing tricycles, and the answer is basically there.

Suntok sa buwan if you ask me.

9. Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by lowslowbenz View Post
    Like I said on the other thread, sweep Manila of illegal sidewalk settlers/vendors/pig farmers/carinderias, and you solve the traffic situation by 50%. Thats a big leap. People will start "walking" on the sidewalks, instead of on the streets.

Add to that regulated hours for trucks, BAN those counterflowing tricycles, and the answer is basically there.

Suntok sa buwan if you ask me.
    yung trike hindi daw tatangalin ni erap. pero sana regulated din. para maayos lahat. may system

10. Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy_boy View Post
    yung trike hindi daw tatangalin ni erap. pero sana regulated din. para maayos lahat. may system
    iyan daw next in line sabi sa news kanina. 3 wheeled vehicles ang isusunod daw nila isko

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast