New and Used Car Talk Reviews Hot Cars Comparison Automotive Community

The Largest Car Forum in the Philippines

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Quote Originally Posted by 17Sphynx17 View Post
    LTO should change how Plate Number is tied to the vehicle. Similar to Europe (am I right) where the plate number is tied to the person and not the car itself (per se). If you buy a car, you will now register the car as yours with your registered plate number 1 (so to speak). If you buy a new car to replace old car, plate number 1 is de-registered first from old car and registered to new car. The buyer of your old car won't have any (valid) plate number yet on his purchase unless he registers his plate number to your old car.

Wouldn't that make sense? Especially if you buy custom plate numbers for your vehicles, you are not throwing money paid for custom plate numbers every time to you and buy new one to register a new custom plate number.

As it stands with the current LTO system, your defense to contest is to make sure you have the notarized deed of sale with the information of the buyer to counter claim against the registration of offense against you. So when you do ask for valid documents, it should be more than 1 Valid ID. One of the IDs should be a Driver's License with registered (valid Address), and once the ball is rolling more smoothly, the National ID of the person indicating the same address maybe on the least.

Maybe an affidavit of guarantee that buyer will register the vehicle under his ownership name in 30 or 60 days that you can hold (dated and notarized)

A separate affidavit issued by the buyer that all the information provided to the seller is true and legal else be cited for per fraud and falsification. <-- this is just an additional thought.
    When my brother sold his car, we had a notarized affidavit of guarantee with the buyer. One of the provisions is buyer agrees to transfer the car to her name in the next 30 days and my brother's responsibility of the car ends as soon as the car is sold

Fast forward 4 years.... Hindi naman pinalipat ng buyer ang car to her name. Problema nya nga lang ngayon, my brother passed away. Wala na siya makukuhaan ng ID nya dahil expired na din license nya.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app

2. Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Just bundle the transfer with the sale, dami naman fixers dyan, dagdag mo na lang sa cost ang services nila.

3. Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Vodka View Post
    since we now have NCAP we gotta make sure the buyers of our cars do actually transfer ownership at LTO

what's a good way to make sure that they comply? suppose you're selling to a complete stranger
    Correct me if I'm wrong, di ba pag may huli ka sa NCAP eh ang magkakaroon ng problem eh yung car registration renewal? Hindi yung driver license renewal? So problem pa rin nung nakabili ng car kung magkaroon ng traffic violation kasi di nya ma-re-rehistro yung car.

4. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by drawdee View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, di ba pag may huli ka sa NCAP eh ang magkakaroon ng problem eh yung car registration renewal? Hindi yung driver license renewal? So problem pa rin nung nakabili ng car kung magkaroon ng traffic violation kasi di nya ma-re-rehistro yung car.
    i think, this is one of the issues being brought up by oppositors to the NCAP.

5. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    gov't should make it easier to transfer the ownership of the car. centralized database na, bakit need mo pa pumunta sa sa LTO kung saan nandun mother file. kasama na dyan na dapat yung sa HPG, meron dapat sa every LTO office na ma verify mo kung may hit ba o wala yung car.

pero palaging offline LTO offices, kaya maski simpleng car registration lang eh napaka hirap pa minsan.

6. Join Date
    Nov 2005
    kaya hindi applicable sa atin ang NCAP

madalas ung nagmamaneho hindi ung tao nakapangalan sa kotse

7. Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Quote Originally Posted by Tha_Mann View Post
    gov't should make it easier to transfer the ownership of the car. centralized database na, bakit need mo pa pumunta sa sa LTO kung saan nandun mother file. kasama na dyan na dapat yung sa HPG, meron dapat sa every LTO office na ma verify mo kung may hit ba o wala yung car.

pero palaging offline LTO offices, kaya maski simpleng car registration lang eh napaka hirap pa minsan.
    "if you (LTO) don't trust your own system, then by all means, replace it with something you can trust."

i was renewing my car's LTO yesterday.
    what used to take 30 minutes, took me almost 1 1/2 hours.

8. Join Date
    Jul 2009

9. Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Quote Originally Posted by dr. d View Post
    "if you (LTO) don't trust your own system, then by all means, replace it with something you can trust."

i was renewing my car's LTO yesterday.
    what used to take 30 minutes, took me almost 1 1/2 hours.
    last August nag renew din ako. two days ko ginawa. 1st day eh emission test, got there at before 6AM (pang 5 na ko sa ng pila, mag open pa sila ng 8AM) and finished around 8:40AM. then at lunchtime, got my CTPL at Robinsons Mall, 600 pesos lang. 2nd day LTO na at around 7:30AM, mahaba na din pila. buti na lang yung mga iba wala pa LTMS kaya nag register pa sila duon kaya naunahan ko na sila sa pag process. finished around 9:15AM. hassle, dati eh 1 hr lang lahat kasama na emission.

10. Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Quote Originally Posted by sirkosero View Post
    When my brother sold his car, we had a notarized affidavit of guarantee with the buyer. One of the provisions is buyer agrees to transfer the car to her name in the next 30 days and my brother's responsibility of the car ends as soon as the car is sold

Fast forward 4 years.... Hindi naman pinalipat ng buyer ang car to her name. Problema nya nga lang ngayon, my brother passed away. Wala na siya makukuhaan ng ID nya dahil expired na din license nya.

Sent from my 2107113SG using Tsikot Forums mobile app
    madali lang naman ito gawin mandatory ang pag lipat ng ownership, ang siste ay kung sino ang owner ay siya lang ang makaka pag pa renew ng rehistro ng sasakyan.

paano kung hindi siya ang owner tulad halimbawa ay sa tatay niya naka pangalan yung sasakyan, edi authorization letter plus valid ID na hindi photocopied para ma renew ang rehistro

ang siste kase ngayon kahit sino pwede i renew ang rehistro ng sasakyan kahit hindi siya ang owner na naka sulat sa OR/CR
    Last edited by Stigg ma; October 1st, 2022 at 04:24 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast